Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 27-06-2006, 07:23 PM   #1
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Under the bonnet, trying to keep as clean as above!
Default Street fords magazine - write up on JMM 12 sec EB

hi all,

i know the mag is a little old but i read the article again tonight and came across a few things. at the start it says 'Our six-cylinder EB drag car was built partly as a response to all the doubters and keyboard warrios'. It goes on to say alot more about these 'keyboard warriors' if you haven't read it. but i was just wondering is it this forum that they are talking about or another one out there?

Old 27-06-2006, 07:35 PM   #2
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

Id say its a good chance it was this one but who knows.... AS i still think there dev kits are a "lil" expensive for what u get... do i get away with saying that now there not a sponsor?
Old 27-06-2006, 09:02 PM   #3
BI6TIM
SnortPerformance.com

Hell yeah their DEV kits are expensive. JMM are made out to be a lot better than they are. Yeah the can make an EB do a 12sec pass but do a little research on the suspension setup for starters and you'll quickly realise that it is in no way a street car. People on this forum that do 14sec or even 13sec passes do them in their daily drivers for the most part. Plus the money that anyone else would have to spend to build that car would be unachievable for most.
Old 27-06-2006, 09:09 PM   #4
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

It is probably this one.

Good to get a mention, even if not by name!
Old 27-06-2006, 10:02 PM   #5
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Under the bonnet, trying to keep as clean as above!

it seems to be a bit of a touchy subject but can anyone tell me (other new members) what it's all about. i have read a few comments about JMM and don't really know the whole story.
Old 27-06-2006, 10:35 PM   #6
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB Pete
it seems to be a bit of a touchy subject but can anyone tell me (other new members) what it's all about. i have read a few comments about JMM and don't really know the whole story.
mate water under the bridge, it doesn't really matter now.

their products are proven, but as others said, its the easy and pricey way of doing it.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 27-06-2006, 10:45 PM   #7
stiddy
Banned

LOL JMM, ahh im not even going to go there.. the gear works, but you pay for it.. start buying scratchies, then pray and hope to win if you want a Dev5.

but I agree with whats been said..

Quote:
Hell yeah their DEV kits are expensive. JMM are made out to be a lot better than they are. Yeah the can make an EB do a 12sec pass but do a little research on the suspension setup for starters and you'll quickly realise that it is in no way a street car. People on this forum that do 14sec or even 13sec passes do them in their daily drivers for the most part. Plus the money that anyone else would have to spend to build that car would be unachievable for most.
Old 28-06-2006, 05:52 AM   #8
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Quote:
do i get away with saying that now there not a sponsor?
Yes, yes you do

JMM are expensive, but they also have the best E-Series I6 1/4 mile results. Thing is, for the money of a DEV5 kit, you could almost build a relaible 250rwkw turbo motor.

Quote:
Yeah the can make an EB do a 12sec pass but do a little research on the suspension setup for starters and you'll quickly realise that it is in no way a street car.
Ahhh some of the flaming that went down over people claiming the red EB is a street car, amazing what some sponsorship money can do to peoples attitudes....

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Old 28-06-2006, 09:02 AM   #9
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
mate water under the bridge, it doesn't really matter now.

Thank you, there is no problem with customers discussing the JMM range, however, there will be no more free advertising.
Old 28-06-2006, 10:16 AM   #10
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB Pete
hi all,

i know the mag is a little old but i read the article again tonight and came across a few things. at the start it says 'Our six-cylinder EB drag car was built partly as a response to all the doubters and keyboard warrios'. It goes on to say alot more about these 'keyboard warriors' if you haven't read it. but i was just wondering is it this forum that they are talking about or another one out there?
Yes well your right mate,thats the one.
That mag states it is a DRAG CAR running 12s, but like all good things u have to start from somewhere. That same car also ran low13s and highish 13s earliear in its street life. As you would expect u get every tom dick an harry doubting the performance of a car that excels over its peers.So u would expect someone to defend their work or their car..right??

Dont forget this is a public forum so its bound to have its share of know it alls. Were does it say that if u buy a dev 5 you are assured a 13sec pass?? Nowhere. It just shows potential.

And the last time i checked it would cost u more to get it engineered 4 a turbo then a dev kit...
Old 28-06-2006, 10:20 AM   #11
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does it state with nitrous or without, just out of curiosity?
Old 28-06-2006, 12:05 PM   #12
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
Dont forget this is a public forum so its bound to have its share of know it alls. Were does it say that if u buy a dev 5 you are assured a 13sec pass?? Nowhere. It just shows potential....
HAhhaha, exactly where the initial "conflicts" started.

Comments such as the one above which by they way paragraphs are structured allude to the fact the car has a Dev5 package, which clearly it doesn't.

But yes water under the bridge. Keyboard warriers, a good term for slagging people who point out deceptive tactics employed by performance houses to gain business.

Old 28-06-2006, 12:44 PM   #13
Brenden
"THE" Workshop manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
HAhhaha, exactly where the initial "conflicts" started.

Comments such as the one above which by they way paragraphs are structured allude to the fact the car has a Dev5 package, which clearly it doesn't.

But yes water under the bridge. Keyboard warriers, a good term for slagging people who point out deceptive tactics employed by performance houses to gain business.

THE ENGINE Is a DEV 5 Unit.....race rebuild with dev 5 kit.

Upgraded with JMM Manifold.....A Bolt on upgrade
Upgraded with JMM Race headers.......a Bolt on upgrade
Upograded with JMM Intake piping......a bolt on upgrade

All of these items were available at the time. The car is still a dev 5.

Which part is NOT ?

AME Albury carshow Horsepower Hero 2005
AME Adelaide carshow Horsepower Hero 2005
AME Shepparton carshow Horsepower Hero 2005
AME Melbourne Highest horsepower 6 turbo 2005
AME Melbourne Highest horsepower N/A 6 2005
All Ford nationals DYO 10.5 and over champion 2005
Old 28-06-2006, 12:48 PM   #14
Hotwire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Time to settle in and watch the :

:
Old 28-06-2006, 01:03 PM   #15
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

you people are carzy....

I don now about any of it, so I am not going to comment...

Unless someone can explain the full storie to me with out getting in a ****ed mannor
Old 28-06-2006, 01:06 PM   #16
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

I think that the keyboard warrior jibe is for all the doubters out there on the internet who think they know it all. The Jim Mock guys have been tuning ford sixes for years and have developed a lot of expertise in packaging up parts that work together. They also have made friends and enemies on forums where you don't have to be fair in what you say or do and if you offend a moderator be warned.

I am a happy dev3hl customer. I just bought the cam not the kit fitted it myself ran 136 to 142rwkw on different dynos with my choice of extractors not the kit and the kit claim was 146rwkw. Well I think that is pretty bloody good. Sure aren't getting 12 second passes but it did carve about a second of my qtr.

The fact you could take the basic package and with a light weight model EB and a manual with some decent tyres and a very well prectised driver and run 12's is great. It shows what can be done.
Old 28-06-2006, 01:08 PM   #17
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Everyone seems to be hanging on the Price.......
Then they go on to say they work.......
Then go on to say you can get it cheaper.....
Then they say its quick and easy....

So basically its Quick and Easy modifications that will work but are bit pricey. :

In my life time it has always been you pay for what you get.

If it works and its expensive thats because it is proven to work.

If you go the cheap back yard version then it will prob break sooner than later.

What is the big deal.....

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 28-06-2006, 01:43 PM   #18
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well, i have a daily drivable car, (i dont drive it daily as i work i the city now and i get public transport), but my car is well capable of running consistant low 14's, on a standard XR6 motor with a cam, as the only engine mod. i have pacemaker extractors and a exhaust with some parts still standard piping... will be changing asap. I also have no JMM parts. With the help of other forum members i have done the research and work.

i do however have to question the drivability of a car with no front sway bar, el rear trailing arms for an 'agressive' pinion angle, and a ride height that could make some small 4wd's to have a second look.

its not really a car thats going to pull up against you at the lights... thats what people are interested in.

no doubt they might know their stuff, and done the research, but i spose for those who dont or cant be bothered researching you are always going to pay top$$$.

JMM have probably helped the street cred of e-series falcons by their products by showing the POTENTIAL of 4.0L engines and helping smash 3.8L V6's by an un-named manufacturer.

i have considered many times going for a trip down south and taking my car down the strip with some nice COOL southern air, and see what the ol' girl can do... and then drive back of course...