Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 16-05-2005, 09:23 PM   #1
trueblue
01 Falcon Ute

Default king WTF springs

ey, i recently got "superlow" springs from ebay, the auction noted serveral times that the springs where King Superlow springs.. I won the auction and was very happy. Well today i received the springs and i am pritty dam sure they are not king superlows or even lows??? i matched them beside some king superlows i had bought off the forums and they have 2 more coils.

On the auction the springs were noted to have the superlow codes. "FRONT SPRINGS KFFL-26 SL AND THE REAR SPRINGS ARE KFRL 27 SL"... well today when i got the springs there code is FRONT SPRINGS KFFL-26 AND THE REAR SPRINGS ARE KFRL 27.. So what are these springs? lows?

the person i have bought them off doesnt want to admit his wrong, he keeps telling me that they are King superlows because pedders told him they are??

anyways, just after some thoughts on what you think??

Cheers

Aaron

WTD mags to suit AU Falcon ute, AU XR rims or BA 18" xr rims. PM ME
trueblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 09:30 PM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Based on the Kings spec sheet, they are Lows.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 09:31 PM   #3
NZ
~~~

theyre lows. the sl stands for superlows

"the man that crashs AFF"
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 09:47 PM   #4
NC_Steve
She needs premium dude...

Check for yourself they are lows http://www.kingsprings.com.au/kings_..._catalogue.pdf
NC_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 09:49 PM   #5
trueblue
01 Falcon Ute

well, what you think i should do with it then? ask for money because i bought something i that wasnt advertised, then sell them? or should i send them back? costed him $40 odd bucks to post :|

hes obviously made up some story that pedders told him they were superlows. but i think its pritty obvious to tell the diff between superlows and lows... I dont think he will end up giving me anything... if he isnt gonna be resonable i will have to give him a bad feedback...

Old 16-05-2005, 09:55 PM   #6
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Talk to ebay, that's your best bet. He has misquoted the code on them, so that's in your favour. Though they probably can't do jack shit.

If it's any help I've flogged a complete set of used lows on ebay for 160 odd, so you can probably get most of your cash back.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 09:55 PM   #7
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

EBAY strikes again.. just re-advertise them as Lows and try and get some money back

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 09:57 PM   #8
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$40 to send springs!!! what a rip off. I sent a cylinder head to NSW for $11.90. If he's nearby and you have his postal address go pay him a visit. Otherwise lodge a complaint with ebay and give him bad feedback. The fact is that he falsely advertised a product....keep hassling him until he realises it's just gonna be easier to give you your money back to make you go away.
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 10:00 PM   #9
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Doug, I've sent springs to NSW at 18 odd bucks for 2.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 10:14 PM   #10
trueblue
01 Falcon Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphell
$40 to send springs!!! what a rip off. I sent a cylinder head to NSW for $11.90. If he's nearby and you have his postal address go pay him a visit. Otherwise lodge a complaint with ebay and give him bad feedback. The fact is that he falsely advertised a product....keep hassling him until he realises it's just gonna be easier to give you your money back to make you go away.
the exact price was 43.65

they came from QLD to VIC

Old 17-05-2005, 12:32 AM   #11
Damo
Banned

how much did you pay for them ?

They're only like $210 new for a full set..
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 02:06 AM   #12
FairmontEL
Driftin shopping trolleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGhIa
well, what you think i should do with it then? ask for money because i bought something i that wasnt advertised, then sell them? or should i send them back? costed him $40 odd bucks to post :|

hes obviously made up some story that pedders told him they were superlows. but i think its pritty obvious to tell the diff between superlows and lows... I dont think he will end up giving me anything... if he isnt gonna be resonable i will have to give him a bad feedback...
Ud be suprised mate pedders are idiots, i know people that have gone there and asked for lows and they got stock springs and lowered shocks, heard of people getting superlows when theyve asked for lows. So this bloke couldve been told by pedders they are superlows and he just doesnt know any better, just send him the link with all the relevant codes on the king srping website and explain that although he thought they were superlows they clearly are not.
FairmontEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 06:46 AM   #13
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Just a warning... eBay did f*ck all when I bought a moblie phone and complained that it wasn't like the guy advertised. He claimed it had a colour screen and when I got it, it was black and white. I wrote to eBay and complained twice, wrote to the guy twice, and nobody did anything. He had no positive feedback at the time (I thought I would give him a go, I mean everyone has to start somewhere).

I put bad feedback on him, and then the next person did as well... then he disappeared. eBay did bugger all, didn't even reply to my emails other than an automated response. I doubt they investigated him.

I'd sell the springs on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 09:34 AM   #14
TWiZTiD EA

i am after a set if your in melbourne and can some one tell me how low lows sit a photo would be nice

Last edited by TWiZTiD EA; 17-05-2005 at 09:35 AM.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 10:23 AM   #15
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

give the guy negative feedback!!!