Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 09:33 AM   #1
Rangas GTP

Default XW Stolen at Gunpoint

Hopefully found soon and the scum a$$ raped

Police appeal after classic car stolen at gunpoint - Cawdor
https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/l...ZhbGw9MQ%3D%3D

Last edited by Rangas GTP; 12-06-2015 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Link fail
This user likes this post:
Old 12-06-2015, 10:14 AM   #2
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: XW Stolen at Gunpoint

this stuff happens too often now, happened to a family friend not too long ago, 4 hoods held him up at knife point , took his car and used it for a robbery and then burned it,

hopefully these people get the car back .........i dont like the chances though .
Old 12-06-2015, 10:41 AM   #3
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

That number plate sounds like Victorian club rego...
Old 12-06-2015, 11:17 AM   #4
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9706184&type=3
Old 12-06-2015, 11:39 AM   #5
nz13boy

Stolen from the boyfriend of the owner, by villans that just happen to be driving by, (or stalking them) while the car just happened to have had mechanical issues, by crims driving a super speedy get away car in the shape of a ridiculously common commercial van thats just happens to be painted the worlds most common colour, white.

Somebodys either extremely unlucky, or extremely clever lol. Js.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:10 PM   #6
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Arrow Re: XW Stolen at Gunpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by nz13boy View Post
Stolen from the boyfriend of the owner, by villans that just happen to be driving by, (or stalking them) while the car just happened to have had mechanical issues, by crims driving a super speedy get away car in the shape of a ridiculously common commercial van thats just happens to be painted the worlds most common colour, white.

Im not sure what your implying in your post , but you forgot to mention a critical point......... the Gun pointed at him.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:16 PM   #7
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nz13boy View Post

He was working on the car, took it for a drive, decided to make a quick adjustment on the run, and this goes down.

So therefore, as usual, we have to insinuate that a dodgy scenario may be afoot, rather than keep an eye out for the car, share to your friends, and offer support where possible to someone who is likely traumatised from what would be a horrible ordeal. I seem to remember a time not too long ago where people gave a rat's about the plight of others, before the keyboard warriors realised they could take cheap shots with impunity.

But carry on.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:30 PM   #8
HULK_I6T
Banned

it does seem incredibly opportunist.

Gunman just happens to be driving by at that instant. all the moons seemed to align for this to go down..

But two weekends ago I left with my family to go see the vivid lights in sydney. stopped at the servo and the window regulator clip snapped in the territory.

I had to return home as the window was stuck down to find a thief hiding in my yard. Caught him red handed, police etc involved and he was known very well to them for break and enters.
3 users like this post:
Old 12-06-2015, 12:30 PM   #9
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if they needed the money they probably could have sold it for decent money and quickly

i just hate when poeple can steal a car that is built.
its usually not just money in these cars it time, effort and passion

shame its probably in a farm shed not too far away being stripped,
would be interesting if one of the properties that are know to police in that area are under surveillance and was seen going in.
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
Old 12-06-2015, 12:47 PM   #10
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hate these stories.

But I'm pretty surprised to see this particular crime get a spot on the morning show in Adelaide. (the one with Carl and Lisa). Don;t normally reserve those story spots for stolen Falcons.

Hoping for a good outcome.

Also, those facebook photos that have been put up will confuse anyone on the look out. If the XW is the car to be searching for, don't post a pic of an XY in the same colour. Thats not helping.

Last edited by ford71V8; 12-06-2015 at 12:52 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 12-06-2015, 12:53 PM   #11
Tex Scrotum
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it's true then I truely feel sorry for the owner.

But I can't help feeling very suss about the whole thing.
And it's possible that the owner wasn't involved in the caper.

Just sayin!
Old 12-06-2015, 01:10 PM   #12
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Someone was asking in another thread how to dispose of airbags...
Old 12-06-2015, 01:37 PM   #13
nz13boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX335 View Post
He was working on the car, took it for a drive, decided to make a quick adjustment on the run, and this goes down.

So therefore, as usual, we have to insinuate that a dodgy scenario may be afoot, rather than keep an eye out for the car, share to your friends, and offer support where possible to someone who is likely traumatised from what would be a horrible ordeal. I seem to remember a time not too long ago where people gave a rat's about the plight of others, before the keyboard warriors realised they could take cheap shots with impunity.

But carry on.
Fair point. But when something smells and looks a bit fishy, it usually is. He Must be just plain unlucky then........
Old 12-06-2015, 02:39 PM   #14
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Hate these stories.
Also, those facebook photos that have been put up will confuse anyone on the look out. If the XW is the car to be searching for, don't post a pic of an XY in the same colour. Thats not helping.
I’ll raise your one XW for two XY’s.
Old 12-06-2015, 04:04 PM   #15
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hopefully this car is found, such a bad way to lose a car. Stolen cars can be hard enough to deal with but when including a high jacking can cause a lot more problems with the victim and victim’s family.

Who knows, maybe the thieves were waiting for the car and staking out the house, and this is why they were ready.
Old 12-06-2015, 04:12 PM   #16
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is another argument for putting a tracking device in your car. The chances of finding it and showing your disapproval to the C@&! That stole it are greatly increased
3 users like this post:
Old 12-06-2015, 04:20 PM   #17
Tex Scrotum
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Scrotum View Post
If it's true then I truely feel sorry for the owner.

But I can't help feeling very suss about the whole thing.
And it's possible that the owner wasn't involved in the caper.

Just sayin!

Just saw an interview with the owner on the news, it seems legit, the guy looked visibly shaken.
And also it was his wife's car.
Poor guy, my thoughts go out to him 😢
Old 12-06-2015, 04:38 PM   #18
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptune blue View Post
This is another argument for putting a tracking device in your car. The chances of finding it and showing your disapproval to the C@&! That stole it are greatly increased
As I'm a newbie - Is there a thread kicking about where folks have talked about the pros/cons of said tracking device?

Are there good ones, bad ones, do they reduce your insurance premiums and I guess most importantly, do they actually work?

Nothing worse than having your pride and joy stolen!
Old 12-06-2015, 04:59 PM   #19
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
it does seem incredibly opportunist.

Gunman just happens to be driving by at that instant. all the moons seemed to align for this to go down..

But two weekends ago I left with my family to go see the vivid lights in sydney. stopped at the servo and the window regulator clip snapped in the territory.

I had to return home as the window was stuck down to find a thief hiding in my yard. Caught him red handed, police etc involved and he was known very well to them for break and enters.
Opportunistic is how it is these days, they will hold up a wheelchair if an easy target is found.
Unemployment and poverty brings more low lifes to the surface.
Old 12-06-2015, 05:08 PM   #20
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
As I'm a newbie - Is there a thread kicking about where folks have talked about the pros/cons of said tracking device?

Are there good ones, bad ones, do they reduce your insurance premiums and I guess most importantly, do they actually work?

Nothing worse than having your pride and joy stolen!
GPS tracking and phone tracking is very easy to disable. You can get a phone or GPS jammer off the net for around $30.00.

But if it makes you feel safer, then I would suggest looking into it.

The trackers do work and most I would guess are easy to use.

I have not heard of them reducing insurance premiums.
Old 12-06-2015, 05:14 PM   #21
snopony

I hope they recover the vehicle intact. If it were my car they would have to prize the steering wheel from my cold dead hands. Thats a sucky thing to do.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:15 PM   #22
Aulpgute

Not good at all. Being the town where I work and live I kind of hope that it's something 'fishy' as Camden is still seen as an old school country town where one never hears of break ins or bag snatches etc. Lovely car, one thing for sure it's a very tight community there and if the car is still in the area or the culprit is a local the truth will surface far quicker than it would in suburbia. Hoping for a good outcome for the victims.
Old 13-06-2015, 02:57 AM   #23
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

And out in Cawdor as well .... like ... in the sticks ... not just a case of them happening across the car. They knew and were watching/following.

Camden LAC have never been so busy.

Grew up in Camden and frequent there a fair bit ... still have family in the are as well (Mt Hunter)

The numberplate sound like NSW Historic rego plates as well.

Thought you had to be attending a club/sanctioned event to be allowed to drive a vehicle on historic/club plates in NSW (and pre-arranging the date with RMS as well)
Old 13-06-2015, 11:21 AM   #24
MDS69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is a NSW historic plate. You are permitted to do maintenance runs but must logbook it and notify the registrar of the scheme of the club you are in.
These cars being stolen is happening so much. Two days ago a VL Walkinshaw was stolen from western Sydney. Another Walkinshaw was stolen about 6 months ago from western Sydney and hasn't been recovered.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-06-2015, 12:47 PM   #25
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

One thing is certain the investigation by the insurance loss prevention team will be more thorough than the feds efforts because this definitely does not fit in normal loss criteria.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
Old 13-06-2015, 12:58 PM   #26
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

I had a Torana stolen one afternoon while I ran into the Gym to pay my membership.

I parked it near the entrance and was in there for about 5 mintues when I heard it start.

By the time I got out side it was gone.

I was dirty on myself because I was always over cautious and would never walk away from it unless I could see it from where I was standing.

This day I broke my own rules.

The Police said the thief was most likely opportunistic, they possibly saw me driving the vehicle and followed to see if there was a chance to take it or to find out where it was garaged.

Opportunistic or not they were prepared.

I had one of these in the boot and the key for it was in my pocket.

I also had a sensor alarm which I didn’t hear go off and a steering wheel crook lock to the brake pedal.

Within a minute or so they’d disabled the alarm, cut through the steering wheel to remove the crook lock, smashed the steering column to access the starter switch and ran a cable from the battery in the boot outside the car and in under the bonnet to the starter motor.

A fellow coming into the Gym helped two fellows push it to start it and gave a statement to the Police.

I got it back 6 weeks later when it was crashed during a Police chase after it had been used as the getaway vehicle in an armed robbery.

So I can believe someone may have seen the XW and decided to follow, I can also believe what others have said and there is an element of doubtfulness to the story.

Because it's a classic lets hope it's recovered and not cut up for parts.
4 users like this post:
Old 13-06-2015, 03:16 PM   #27
kenify

I have a mate with a very hot 70's Statesman, he takes no chances when driving near home, if he thinks anyone is tailing him, he's off for 20km to shake any perceived evil. Has worked so far (20 years) he lives in a dodgey suburb in outer Melbourne.
Old 13-06-2015, 04:39 PM   #28
Ace1102
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptune blue View Post
^^^ This!
Fingers crossed for the owner.
Old 13-06-2015, 04:55 PM   #29
vbvbvb088
vbvbvb088

A shame - i remember early/mid 90's a person (Melb) was murdered over Torana parts - from memory listed in the Trading Post....
Old 13-06-2015, 06:36 PM   #30
Kingsley
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenify View Post
I have a mate with a very hot 70's Statesman, he takes no chances when driving near home, if he thinks anyone is tailing him, he's off for 20km to shake any perceived evil. Has worked so far (20 years) he lives in a dodgey suburb in outer Melbourne.
Exactly what I do when I have my classic out. Pay attention to whose around me as I near home. I never take the direct route to the house and dive down a few side streets to be sure there's no-one following me before I head to the house. I don't park it out front, straight into the shed. We've seriously thought of getting rid of it because the constant stress of worrying over theft or damage is killing the enjoyment of owning it.

I really feel for this poor couple. Sadly I think the publicity might lead to the car being cut up or torched somewhere as I imagine it's now become too risky to part out or keep. I wish the judicial system wasn't so lenient to these ****s.
4 users like this post:
Closed Thread