Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-04-2007, 03:25 PM   #1
eb sports
Starter Motor

Default stock sub

in my 93 eb i noticed the stock sub was still sittin in the rear of the car. however it wasn connectd due to the gas tank sittin there.

is it possible to have to the stock sub installed.
if so how..
thanks

eb sports is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2007, 03:32 PM   #2
LTDHO
The one and only

These are normally removed due to the LPG tank. They provide some bass but not alot. Just fit a box in the side of the boot and run that of an amp. It will be a lot better.

Do you still have the factory amp?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2007, 03:35 PM   #3
frd_crzer
:D:D

dont use the factory anp you cannot tune them itsd factory tuned go out and buy a different amp. does anyone know how many watt the factory subs are?
Old 04-04-2007, 10:47 AM   #4
eb sports
Starter Motor

um well is it hard to install with the tank n where would u recommend putting the amp keeping in mind i dnt wannna lose too much boot space.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:01 AM   #5
LTDHO
The one and only

Not hard at all. A good 10" sub in a small box on the side of the boot firing across will sound the best and save space. The factory amp provide good clean power, they are best used to run your front speakers.
When you buy the 10" buy a purpose build amp to suit.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 04-04-2007, 11:09 AM   #6
eb sports
Starter Motor

wen u say firing across do u mean hav the **** of the su against the wall...n i dnt hav the stock amp either
Old 04-04-2007, 11:44 AM   #7
LTDHO
The one and only

Yeah it points to the other side.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:55 PM   #8
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Another option would be replace the stock 8" sub with a new one.. venom ones from jaycar are around $40.. and get a cheapie(~$100) 4 ch amp from strathies to run it and a good set of 6" or 6x9"s..

I made a spacer up for a guy not long ago to fit the 8" venom in with clearance for the gas tank..

How much bass are you after???

Cheers.,
Nik
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2007, 05:49 AM   #9
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

LTDHO Someone has mentioned 6x9's what ya gunna do

(Daily)2004 Explorer V8 Limited
(Work) 2014 Kenworth K200 Aerodyne
(Classic) 1969 Mini K, 1340, twin SU's
The beginning is near!!!

Body by Ford. Soul by NudgE
NudgE^SIKBRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2007, 06:01 AM   #10
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb sports
um well is it hard to install with the tank n where would u recommend putting the amp keeping in mind i dnt wannna lose too much boot space.
If the amp is still in place it should be behind the panel on the right side of your boot.

By the way, I wouldn't bother with the factory 8" sub. I replaced mine with a 10" Pioneer, and mounted it into a custom box, a mate made specifically for an E series, which stis where the factory amps normally goes. The amp now mounts to the front of the custom box, next to the sub....pics later.
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2007, 08:25 AM   #11
Simmo
White Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOSTA
Another option would be replace the stock 8" sub with a new one.. venom ones from jaycar are around $40.. and get a cheapie(~$100) 4 ch amp from strathies to run it and a good set of 6" or 6x9"s..

I made a spacer up for a guy not long ago to fit the 8" venom in with clearance for the gas tank..

Cheers.,
Nik
hey roosta, quick question for you and the audio guys. im running 6" 2ways in the front doors in custom pods, 6x9" 3 ways in the back shelf and 2x12" kenwood subs running off a jaycar 800w response amp at 2ohm. speakers are off the HU. now it sounds excellent at the moment. everyone tells me how clear the system sounds even with the bass right up. the only problem i've found is that i'm missing a bit of mid-bass thanks to the gap between 6" and 12". if i put a shallow/free-air 8" sub in the hole in the parcel shelf with a small amp, would that fill out the spectrum or just add too much more bass?
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2007, 07:02 PM   #12
eb sports
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOSTA

Cheers.,
Nik
um how much do the spacers cost..cos im onli interestd in a little bi of bass..not the full set up..if u no wat i mean
Old 06-04-2007, 07:10 PM   #13
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Hey,

First off all, Simmo, You may find an 8" would provide the mid-bass required but it would need to be setup with a suitable hi/lo pass filter.. so its only working between say 55hz to 150hz.. I noticed you said you have a set of 6" and 6x9's,, are they amped or headunit?? if headunit then i would amp them before adding a 8" sub into the system.. I have always found that speakers generally need more power for the mid to bass region of the sound spectrum.. Headunits just don't produce enough power IMO to run anything more than tweeters.. Also make sure your crossovers etc are all set correctly..

Eb sports.. I can make up a 8" spacer for you.. lifts the sub up 40mm at front and 90mm at the back... all fibreglassed and bogged ready for final finish or carpet.. PM for a price.. I am currently making one up so i will take pic's when its done..

Cheers,
Nik
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post