Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-04-2007, 06:19 PM   #1
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Default airbag warning light???.

Hi guys I was on my way to Lorne yesterday when half way there, the airbag warning light started to flash and then stayed on, I stopped to check the fuse and it looked allright but I tried another one anyway and went on my way, it was all ok, so I thought it must have been the fuse but then half an hr latter the same thing, now the airbag warning light stays on all the time while driving, anybody have any ideas, it's in my AUII XR8?????.

galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 06:58 PM   #2
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

take it to ford or somewhere that deals in airbags, or that can get the code from the computer, if you have a crash, the bag won't deploy
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 08:06 PM   #3
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Turn the ignition then count the number of times the light flashes. For code say 43 the light will flash 4 times then there will be a pause then flash 3 times. I think it will go through this process 3 times.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 09:20 PM   #4
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

could be that you may need to replace the airbag assembly....a costly replacement at about $800!!!!! (thats the price i have heard, im not sure if that is right though) get to a mechanic with a scan tool and see if the code comes up that way.

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 10:14 PM   #5
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Before you go wasting your time and money regarding the above posts 4: , check under your seats and make sure the plug is intact, if it is unplug and re plug.
99% of the time thats what it is.

Mick

1976 XB GS COUPE (waiting to start the rebuild)
KOUPE76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 10:04 AM   #6
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUXRVIII
Turn the ignition then count the number of times the light flashes. For code say 43 the light will flash 4 times then there will be a pause then flash 3 times. I think it will go through this process 3 times.
Thanks mate I tried this and it came up with code 32, it flashed 3 times then a slight pause and then flashed another 2, so it is 32, it did this 4 times I think, then it stays on permenently.
Old 23-04-2007, 10:05 AM   #7
Chippar
The Ancient Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUPRNT XR8
Before you go wasting your time and money regarding the above posts 4: , check under your seats and make sure the plug is intact, if it is unplug and re plug.

Mick
So the wiring that goes under both front seats is to do with the airbag system. I always wondered what they were for, and thought they had something to do with the high series electric seats. Thanks for that. :
Chippar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 10:06 AM   #8
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:

Mick
I can only see one plug under the plastic cover for the bolts for the seat track, is this the one you are talking about????, there is another plug under there but it look's like it is not connected to anything and has never been conected???.
Old 23-04-2007, 10:16 AM   #9
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
I can only see one plug under the plastic cover for the bolts for the seat track, is this the one you are talking about????, there is another plug under there but it look's like it is not connected to anything and has never been conected???.
this one will have wires going to the seat, it's literally in the middle of the floor under the seat, if you need a pic let me know.
Old 23-04-2007, 10:19 AM   #10
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
this one will have wires going to the seat, it's literally in the middle of the floor under the seat, if you need a pic let me know.
Yes this one goes to the seat I followed the wire as far as I could, it went to the seat buckle as far as I could see, but it is the only plug that has a male and female connecter under there, a pic would be good thanks mate.
Old 23-04-2007, 04:57 PM   #11
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Mick
Take his advice, mine has done this before and it was the plug under the drivers seat. There is one also under the passenger seat too.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 05:47 PM   #12
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Yes this one goes to the seat I followed the wire as far as I could, it went to the seat buckle as far as I could see, but it is the only plug that has a male and female connecter under there, a pic would be good thanks mate.
That's it, just plug them in together and you'll be rite.

Mick

Old 23-04-2007, 06:02 PM   #13
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Here you go mate, pics taken from wifes AUII Forte, same as on the Tickfords but on the seat.

Old 23-04-2007, 06:21 PM   #14
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Thanks mate, yeah they are the same ones, I pulled them apart and gave them a quick blow out but unfourtunetely the warning light still stays on.
Old 23-04-2007, 07:10 PM   #15
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If its not the plug as above post, check to see if your clock spring is stuffed, usually all your steering wheel controls wont work aswell if its buggered.

Its funny to see that bracket rusty, mine is the same on the drivers side, pass side its like new still.

Just goes to show that water getting in from drivers side can have an effect on things...

I found after a rainy day, the airbag light would start to flash and then stay on, i eventually found a pool of water behind the drivers seat, under the carpet/foam...
Old 23-04-2007, 07:35 PM   #16
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

All my steeringwheel controls work, but I have noticed that a couple off times when I have been driving, I have had the radio on and the volume up at about lets say 7, and then when I turn the motor off but keep accessories on, and turn it down, it would be allright but you could sit there for 5 odd min's and it would get loud by itself with out touching the volume control?????.
Old 23-04-2007, 07:48 PM   #17
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Keep an eye on it, even if the airbag light stays on doesnt mean it will go off while your driving.

If your controls do go, and sounds like they are playing up a bit from what you said, then i would look at getting a new clock spring fitted.
Old 23-04-2007, 07:59 PM   #18
b2tf
not here much anymore

Galaxy sorry I didnt reply with pics, been out today but I see Mick has helped you out.

BTW, my headunit occasionally does the volume thing as well, but i havent had any airbag lights come up.
Old 23-04-2007, 08:49 PM   #19
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Galaxy sorry I didnt reply with pics, been out today but I see Mick has helped you out.

BTW, my headunit occasionally does the volume thing as well, but i havent had any airbag lights come up.
Thats cool mate, so your headunit does the same thing, hmmm interesting, we may need to keep an eye on this.
Old 23-04-2007, 10:32 PM   #20
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

It is more than likely the clock spring, but I'll see what I can find on airbag error codes.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 10:34 PM   #21
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Code 32 = driver's airbag circuit open. Open means blown fuse, or poor earth. So replace the fuse with a new one, and if it still does it, get the clock spring checked - my money is on the clock spring.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2007, 02:39 PM   #22
philt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Code 32 = driver's airbag circuit open. Open means blown fuse, or poor earth. So replace the fuse with a new one, and if it still does it, get the clock spring checked - my money is on the clock spring.

I have the same problem with mine as we speak. Light flashes then stays on. My steering wheel controls dont work either.
How much is a clock spring to replace? My money is on a new clock spring.
philt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2007, 06:42 PM   #23
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Well went to Herrods today to get some other work done and while I was there I mentioned it to them, they had a look and said more than likely it is the clock spring, so anybody else have the same problem, this could be your cause.