Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-09-2005, 10:47 PM   #1
BA V8 5.4Ltr
Green P's Suck

Default BA XT5.4 3v mkii

Miedecke ford has a BA 5.4 3v 235kw 6sp manual on order dont know colour or what its got inside.But when its life has finished as a demo a bloke at miedecke has gave me first dibs on it So my mki will be going on a holiday in 7/8 months
CANT WAIT :

02 BA XT 5.4ltr Manual :sm_headba Tinted Windows, Twin 2.5in catback Zorst,K/N, Cai, Lowered,18x8 Stalker Rims, 12in Sub, Enhanced Dash, Centre Console,In Dash 6 Stacker Needing Brakes n Edit and the sleeper is bout to wake from heavy sleep :evil_laug
BA V8 5.4Ltr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2005, 11:07 PM   #2
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

lucky man... hope it all comes through for you
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2005, 11:11 PM   #3
parawolf
beep beep

Man that will be a ballistic drive... modify it and you'll blow away all sort of cars
Old 05-09-2005, 03:01 AM   #4
drone

I didnt realise the XT got the 6 speed even in V8 form.
drone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 07:25 AM   #5
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA V8 5.4Ltr
Miedecke ford has a BA 5.4 3v 235kw 6sp manual on order dont know colour or what its got inside.But when its life has finished as a demo a bloke at miedecke has gave me first dibs on it So my mki will be going on a holiday in 7/8 months
CANT WAIT :
I've always been a bit iffy about demos. You've got a car that's probably been flogged numerous times while cold and given short hard stabs to gauge its performance. Probably never enjoyed a nice cruise along a long stretch of road, something my 8 seems to look forward to. ;)
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #6
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA V8 5.4Ltr
CANT WAIT :
First off, the engine was 220kw, and only available as a 5 speed manual and 4 speed auto for MKII. The BF has a 230kw motor but only available as a 6 speed auto, manual is not available.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 10:27 PM   #7
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

yeah if you want to option the V8 im pretty sure the 6 speed has to come with it. A pricey upgrade but WELL worth it.

I can vouch that the 3v hauls ****!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 10:35 PM   #8
Falcon Freak
Banned

Default This thing doesn't haul ****

I have a 2003 BA XT sedan with the 3V 5.4 litre V8 and 5 speed. My opinion of this car is that it is sluggish.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 10:41 PM   #9
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

I have driven a BA MK11 fairmont Ghia V8 auto demo and it wasn't that exciting. I know the wagons modded but its no fireball but getting out of it into the 220kw Auto Ghia didn't impress me at all. torquey for sure but it didn't feel all that powerful and it didn't rev at all just cahnged up quick smart. And all this for only $48k change over. Well I am keeoing the wagon a bit longer I guess. I hate to say it but the Calais V8 felt less torquey but boy it really did go when you revved it and it loved a big rev too.

The BA 3v is a good engine we just need an alloy block and a serious diet for the BA overall its just too heavy.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 10:41 PM   #10
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

while your on the right track..you just cannot compare a T5 to a new 6 speed auto.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post