Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 06-02-2007, 12:11 AM   #1
482bze
eb xr666

Default i hope it works

i just bought the stuff for my mpfi converstion the wrecker said it will work but im not sure so i need some opinions cheers

ive got all the under bonnet stuff of a EB series2 so fuel injection system off a 4litre going onto a 3.9 and a computer of a XH ute do you think this will work cheers in advance :

482bze is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 12:21 AM   #2
cjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 482bze
i just bought the stuff for my mpfi converstion the wrecker said it will work but im not sure so i need some opinions cheers

ive got all the under bonnet stuff of a EB series2 so fuel injection system off a 4litre going onto a 3.9 and a computer of a XH ute do you think this will work cheers in advance :
The XH ute has Smartlock, so the ECU is useless without the Smartlock module. Use a 3.9 MPFI ECU. The EBII has a different TPS to EA MPFI.
The EBII has a 3 pin TPS and the EA has a 2 pin TPS.
It is easier to use EA MPFI harness, Throttle body, but use a 4.0 inlet manifold.
You will have to change the fuelpump too, CFI and MPFI are different.
The EA MPFI harness will plug into the plug for it at the firewall on the pass.side near the rear of the engine. There are 2 plugs there, one for the Injectors etc... and 1 for the tranmission harness to plug into.
I hope this clears it up a bit for you.
cjh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 12:27 AM   #3
482bze
eb xr666

is there a way to bypass smart lock for this reason. can it be "flashed"?
Old 06-02-2007, 12:31 AM   #4
cjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 482bze
is there a way to bypass smart lock for this reason. can it be "flashed"?
Not as far as I know, it requires a coded signal, like a square wave of a certain frequency.
cjh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 01:02 AM   #5
482bze
eb xr666

is there any way to hook smartlock up in my car
Old 06-02-2007, 03:21 PM   #6
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Yes, but it would be a lot easier to use an EA MPFI ECU. To fit smartlock you need to change the dash loom, BEM, fit the smartlock box, fit a smartlock cluster and a smartlock ignition barrel.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 12:22 AM   #7
482bze
eb xr666

cheers , i took all the stuff back and got a refund anaway and decided im just gonna do the 5spd convo cause i had a bit of a play against a vt today and beat it so cfi cant be that bad
Old 07-02-2007, 03:05 AM   #8
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

i got a 4speed auto EA mp ecu in the shed u can have for a 6pac
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post