Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 10-05-2005, 08:32 PM   #1
CATman
Black el ghia

Default just brought new speakers anybody heard of Morel before?

I just brought a set of new speakers, they are made in Israil. seem to be pritty good(well would want to be for the pirce i paid) but was just wondering if anybody had heard of them.
thanks Jason
CATman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2005, 08:34 PM   #2
EFFalcon
Last warning

I've heard of them, but don't know if i've actually heard them.
from what i've heard they're meant to be pretty damn good?
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2005, 08:55 PM   #3
XRated
Shoot.

OMG! They are like, AWWWWWESOME!! I'm taking a guess that you got splits? Where did you actually buy them from? They're not PYROAY's old ones?

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2005, 09:33 PM   #4
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Morel. Pure audio bliss. You have to spend rediclious amounts of money to get better (read $10,000+).

Ive got a pair of 8HCW's and CDM54's 10x better than my MBQuart's.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2005, 09:38 PM   #5
CATman
Black el ghia

I got them from my local auto barn, they just started being able to get them. i didn't spend huge ammounts. well a little not running top of the time or anyting like that. I've got hybrid ovation as front splits and also running integera ovation in the rear which are a 2 way coaxal. havn't got them installed yet, I'm running sound deadner over front doors and parcel shelf. but hopefully i will hear them soon.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:42 PM   #6
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Ah yes, their coaxs are still fantastic, not on par with the seperate componants but still fantastic speakers. What price range were they in.

Morels top 3 ways cost in excess of $1500 ($800 tweeters $450 midrange $600+ midbass.)

Old 11-05-2005, 04:20 PM   #7
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Nice choice
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 09:01 PM   #8
CATman
Black el ghia

the front splits were 750 and rears were 450. still pritty good price for a front split which is on par with the boston pro's which is think are around 1000.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:16 PM   #9
XRated
Shoot.

750 eh? Sounds pretty good, I might look into those instead of my beloved Diamond Audio S600s

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2005, 12:58 PM   #10
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Morel is a very well known name in home audio drivers.
They make some excellent drivers, on par with the likes of Audax, SEAS, Dynaudio, Focal, etc.

As with all car audio, the quality isn't quite as good as the home audio, yet interestingly the price is more than double.

You won't go to far wrong purchasing Morel.

Rick.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:51 PM   #11
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox
Morel is a very well known name in home audio drivers.
They make some excellent drivers, on par with the likes of Audax, SEAS, Dynaudio, Focal, etc.

As with all car audio, the quality isn't quite as good as the home audio, yet interestingly the price is more than double.

You won't go to far wrong purchasing Morel.

Rick.
Bingo. The only diffrence between the Morel home drivers and Morel house drivers is the impedence of the coil. From what i could assertain from the T/S parameters Morel componant car splits are just 6 or 4 ohm versions of their home drivers.

You have to love a 56mm midrange driver with a 75mm voice coil, talk about control!.

Old 12-05-2005, 08:13 PM   #12
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah you made a good choice with Morel...they are THE shiiiii-t. I'd be surprised if the home drivers were the same as the car audio ones....usually the car speakers will have features built into them to make them more weather-proof. Such as a different material woven or moulded into the cone or etc to stop them going mouldy.

Personally I couldn't justify spending that kind of money on speakers that have to compete with road noise, wind noise and rattles (maybe a few years ago but I got over it). But at least you should be able to throw all kinds of power at them and they'll handle it
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2005, 08:31 PM   #13
CATman
Black el ghia

At least it sounds like i made a good decision, my speakers were the first ones of that brand sold by my local autobarn.

Last edited by CATman; 12-05-2005 at 08:44 PM.