Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 05-04-2006, 06:53 PM   #1
xraydelta1
Starter Motor

Unhappy Head Gasket blown... recommend a repairer?

Yep... hard to start, idles rough, mysterious disappearing coolant and cappacino in the rocker cover.

My options are repair ($600+) or complete engine changeover after 300K (up to $2500). I need it done quickly and if I can find a good reco'ed engine I may pop that in and not have to worry about another gasket blowing later on.

I'm in Cranbourne... any suggestions as to who's good at it?
Anyone have a spare 4.0l engine?

xraydelta1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 07:10 PM   #2
FUZMOBILE
Fuzzy Logic

jolly rogers sells ef engines for $450 tested and with 3 months waranty, or do the job yourself might cost 70 for gasket kit, 50 for head bolts the rest is labour, oil change and coolant
FUZMOBILE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 07:11 PM   #3
FUZMOBILE
Fuzzy Logic

but at least you can upgrade your cam for 122 from wade
FUZMOBILE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 08:51 PM   #4
aami8
Starter Motor

Post Get a change over motor.

Hey There,

Experienced the same problem over Christmas. Blew the head gasket. Quoted as low as 450 to replace up to 950 if head needed to be shaved etc. No body could quote properly as they kept saying "won’t know until it’s off". Another problem I discovered is the lower part of the motor if the top half is very tight. Has the potential to blow it out. I do like a gamble but not that much, I was only getting 1 month warranty on work. I was quoted 1100 for a replacement 2nd hand motor with 130 k on the dial (apparently) managed to get 6 months warranty. It’s now April and engine is going really well. Motor was supplied by Ford Wreckers down morrabbin way. They supplied and fitted.
aami8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 11:15 PM   #5
LTDHO
The one and only

Sent a PM to v8capri. He's done a few and is local to you.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 12:01 AM   #6
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If your interested, I have here a checked and honed ED block (that is in excellent condition) that just needs gaskets, rings and assembly. Has everything, just needs to go back together. Get your head checked and bolt that back on the top. As is for assembly id be after $350. Can organise rings and complete gasket kit for about $130.

Or I have an EC EL XR6 motor with 140,000km, still in a car for demo and testing. Looking for $750 on that one.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post