Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-04-2007, 03:34 PM   #1
harlz1

Default Au Series II ute rough idle / low power/high fuel ecy.

Hi I was wondering if anyone may be able to help. I just got back from a trip which included travelling over the roughest road known to man. My AU series II 6 cyc ute is also lowered and a bit stiff. On my return home I noticed my fuel economy going through the roof and when next stoped noticed the car was rough idleling and with bugger all power. I checked all leads and there seems to be ignition to all pots. Could it be a sensor or fuel filter or maybe something else due to the excessive vibes? Any help much appriciated.

harlz1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2007, 04:07 PM   #2
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Wow fuel efficiency gone through the roof, thats awesome, I would have thought it would be your fuel consumption going through the roof, :p
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2007, 04:39 PM   #3
harlz1

Youre right I'm an idiot. Will re-rack the black box in my brain and see if that helps. - Fuel consumption high not economy.
harlz1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2007, 10:39 PM   #4
Chippar
The Ancient Warrior

You may have squashed the exhaust somewhere which could cause these symptoms.
Chippar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post