Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-04-2007, 04:22 PM   #1
Dover
Starter Motor

Default New Power window problem??

My AUII Wagon seems to be falling apart. My rear right Power window today gave me a new headache.

After exploring the site and the many power window problems and fixes, I think my problem is unique and I couldn't find any help.

The Switch and motor are fine. The window works up to about 1/3 of the way - it goes up and down in the bottom third with no trouble but then seizes.

I've tried separating the rubber and using lube - hasn't helped. I have pulled the interior lining off the door and sprayed inside and still have no luck. When I manually push it up to and it seems to get stuck and it takes a lot of effort to push it back down, whilst using the button to a point where the power works again.

It's almost as if one of the pulleys is getting stuck r something like that. I haven't pulled rest of the door apart to get to be able to look at them closely (Not sure how to do that!!)

Any thoughts??
I'm really stressing as everything is going wrong at once!!!

This is adding to a severe clunking noise we get when travelling over 100km, a clunky steering mechnanism(probably related - mechanics never seem to be able to pinpoint it though) and the famous LCD screen - which is currently in Melbourne for repairs.

Thanks,
Ben

Dover is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2007, 07:51 PM   #2
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

youll find phillips head screws around the edge of the door trim and little covers (about the size of a 20c piece) on the face of the card. there may even be a screw around the handle (not sure about that one though as never needed to pull my door cards yet) there will more then likly be plasic clips around the outer edge inside so pull it away from the door frame and lift up, this will remove the door card (if i have got anything wrong here, im sure someone will correct me) then just make sure all the regulator, guides, and window are sitting and operating correctly. my guess would be that the regulator is ready to pack it in.

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2007, 08:04 PM   #3
Dover
Starter Motor

yeah, I've removed the card and insulation, but you're very limited in what you can do from there as the entire mechanism is behind more metal framework which I can't work out how it comes apart without dismantling the entire door. I can see the very bottom of the mechanism and the glass, but that's about it - the problem remails hidden somewhere else :(
Old 16-04-2007, 02:29 PM   #4
Dover
Starter Motor

For anyone interested it all stemmed from a regulator problem - she's in the shop as we speak.
Old 16-04-2007, 02:47 PM   #5
AUTickford
XD197

Ive had nothing but problems with my bloody window switches in the forte,have to pull them out and clean the burnt black **** off the contacts every week coz they are slowly burning out from the resistance from bad contacts.I tried lubing the window rubbers and the only thing is to clean the contacts,when they start going slow its time for another clean or when it starts raining you get soaked b4 the window goes up
AUTickford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2007, 11:22 AM   #6
maestrobmw
Starter Motor

Good to hear the window problem is sorted. The clunk in steering? Check: the single bolt at the base of the column that clamps the spline shaft: tight?; check the universal joint-ended steering shaft from the firewall to the steering rack for play/clunk in universals. If the steering clunk is particularly at parking/low speeds, sounding like a crack, may need never-seize applied to steering rack mounting studs/mounting face of rack, then retorque to 80Nm. (Don't pull the rack right off, just 30mm or so away from crossmember for access.
100km clunk: need more information.

AU Wagon, XF ute and (ahem) 89 Barina.
maestrobmw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post