Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 14-06-2006, 11:25 AM   #1
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Possible Bodykits

I got my car about 2 weeks ago and have had fun in it, but now its time for some mods. First thing i want to do is add on a bodykit but im worried that adding on a kit will take too much personality from the car. I have a 5.0ltr eb fairmont (pic below), and i have come up with three possible bodykits for my car:
MMM kit
SSV kit
Sprint kit

let me know what you's think i should do and which kit will suit my car the best?

thanks

SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2006, 11:35 AM   #2
djmaker

clean car from that pic.... i have a 91 eb xr8 and just like you i to wanted a body kit but im choosing not to do it but if i was going to do it i probly would of gone with the gt kit... thats the kit that stood out for me..
djmaker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2006, 02:26 PM   #3
XRated
Shoot.

Spend the money on some engine mods It looks smooth as is.. What springs are in the rear?

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2006, 03:08 PM   #4
ratman
krunch krunch hsv 4 lunch

Colour code the bumpers (leave the chrome strip) and handles, put on an XR bootlid spolier, drop it a little more and it'll look tuff. Then spend some money on the engine.
Otherwise you could do what i did and put the MMM kit on it, it is a big kit so does look better with dished wheels - I'd guess you would then wanna upgrade the wheels.
ratman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2006, 04:26 PM   #5
EDXR6T

i recon most kit's for E-series are over the top:P

leave it the way it is but as said colour code the bumper's, mould's, door handle's and drop it a bit more

clean looking EB mate
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2006, 04:38 PM   #6
sam12h
Runnin C3H8 & C4H10

^^^^^^ What they said. Colour coding goes a long way to make these cars look schmick (looks good already : ). Save your $$$ for future mods like engine & suspension. Stiffer anti-roll bars (unless you already have them, looks like superlows are already fitted) will transform it into a nimble toy & make it handle as good as it looks, rather than the boat ride Ford sold. Cost you less than the bodykit & easy to fit too.

BTW, is it still auto?
sam12h is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2006, 06:26 PM   #7
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeh its an auto and i know the springs are pedders but im not sure what type of springs they are. From the looks of it they might be ryder coil springs, but il have a look when i jack up the car later.

Handling is superb on this car, the guy that i brought it off installed good shockers....(so he said). I'l paint over the grey triming around the car and il also paint the handles, and i guess il see how i go with the kit.......... maybee the sprint kit would go ok on it then? hmmmm
SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post