Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 19-01-2006, 12:35 PM   #1
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Default JMM Dev3 HL

Hey guys,

I was originally going to buy a bodykit to fit to my standard EF Falcon, but Ive decided that Id prefer a few more horses under the hood (i have seen the light lol).

What Im wondering is has anyone here had experience with the DEV 3HL kit from Jim Mock Motorsport? I have run a search but havn't really come across to much info. Im just really after some extra grunt from my falcon for street performance, but not sure if this is a worthwhile way to spend my money? What are people's experiences with either the DEV 3 kit or HL, or JMM in general?

Old 19-01-2006, 04:28 PM   #2
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From what i have heard the kits are made well and perform alright, but a lot of people seem to think you get could get the same results for a lot less if you source the parts yourself.

Just hunt around for the best price on a set of extractors + exhaust. Easy enough to make up your own CAI and then decide on what cam you want and maybe get a bit of headwork done while your at it.
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2006, 08:33 PM   #3
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

I am very happy with the dev3hl cam which i fitted with the HD valve springs vernier gear and so on cost around a $1000 for the parts though not cheap. i just used pacemaker PH4480 comp extractors with it and its fine.

Before and after dyno graphs in my gallery if you want to look them up.

Stock was 106 went to 116rwkw with the extractors and 136rwk with the cam and extractors then 144 with the Unichip.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2006, 09:50 PM   #4
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

Is your car an auto or manual?

I have had a Dev5 and now have the Dev3hl in the car.
In my opinion the Dev3hl is the better street cam.
It you want all drag strip speed go for a bigger one, but if its a good streetcar you want go 3HL.

"Experimental Racer" #6
1994 Gunmetal XG XR6 1997-1999
[B][COLOR=Red] 1994 Le Mans Red ED
2008 MA XR5 Mondeo

2015 VOLVO V60 T6 R-DESIGN-POLESTAR Enhanced

TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2006, 10:04 AM   #5
EF, What else?
A Bloke

thanks all!!! My car is an auto, im looking at getting it shift kitted in the next month.

Im primarily after street performance, with only the odd excursion to the track to see what Commodore's i can chew up! :eclipsee_

At the moment I probably would want to spend about $2600 - $3000 grand on a set up that will give me good performance for my money. With that kind of money, what would you recommend? Im looking at the obvious, Pacemaker Extractors, exhaust and a cam, after that I want bang for my performance buck!

Any input much appreciated!