Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 21-10-2005, 10:57 AM   #1
gozza

Default I need Someone advise/knowledge

after getting my bumpers colour coded..ive been asked a few times about my door handles and why i didn't do them...anywho...

i was browsing on ebay and found a set of el/ef handles in my colour...the dude reckons he got them for his ea..says it can be fitted with a few mods but never got round to it...

anyone here fitted el/ef handles on an ebII??

much appreciated

gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2005, 11:02 AM   #2
neb
hibernating

yeah alot of people have done it, i'm pretty certain they just swap straight over without any mods
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2005, 11:02 AM   #3
gozza

sweet
do they look good...i'm keen as to do this
thnx mate
Old 21-10-2005, 12:45 PM   #4
EB-maen
Rise, Toybota!

I saw those door handles too the other day and was tempted as my eb is also stark white, but I wasn't sure whether that would make the sides 'too' white, considering my door moulds are also white to match the kit. They do look good though, this is probably the best side on shot I could find of the handles on an ea-d (john's ed ghia):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...r/cbbbe97c.jpg

There will probably be some dirt/residue left over from the outlines of the eb handles, due to the shape difference, but it'd be pretty easy to clean up I imagine

13.156 @ 110kph... down the highway :P

EB-maen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2005, 12:59 PM   #5
gozza

haha true that
well its got 6 days on it
and if your serious about em we should decide who should get them cos stuff having a bidding war and getting them for a stupid price lol
i'm serious about them...just gonna wait till the last hour to see what its at
Old 21-10-2005, 03:23 PM   #6
EB-maen
Rise, Toybota!

lol, you may as well go for it; I only just bought stark white paint and plastic primer and all that to do my mirror covers so I'm sure there'll be plenty left over for the door handles if I wanted to do them one day. These would probably end up facing a similar fate with me as they did with the seller: sitting in the garage for X amount of weeks/months. Plus, the grandparents have a white EL so if I was that desperate for a set of EL handles I might be able to 'trade' :P (not that you would want to in any other situation, but I assume EB handles would be able to be fitted to EL doors?)
Good luck with the bidding!

13.156 @ 110kph... down the highway :P

EB-maen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2005, 03:48 PM   #7
gozza

sweet.. cheers mate
when i got my bumpers colour coded the side mirrors got done without me asking lol
they stuck out like dog balls for a few days cos i wasn't used to em..but i think they look really good now
i'll let ya know how it gos
Old 21-10-2005, 04:19 PM   #8
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Bear in mind the EL handles will not have a passenger side lock. They had a different shade of white to stark white, but it would only be a bother if you are a perfectionist.
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2005, 04:20 PM   #9
EA2BA
PM me if you want

I have EL handles on my EA straight fit, but they are smaller around the lock or back part so if your paint is crap underneath you will see it.

Also FYI:
EF handles have a lock on both drivers and passenger side
EL handles only have a lock on the drivers side.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post