Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 08:47 PM   #1
paul_r_d

Default To all small car drivers.....

Is it just me.... but I find people try and intimidate you because your in a smaller car. I have had so many near misses from people in larger cars doing stupid things. Just wondering if any other small car drivers cops this??

The missus
2003 Rav4 4 door Cruiser
Old 04-02-2008, 08:51 PM   #2
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

You get in the way of my phoenix and speed humps have a new look!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:51 PM   #3
Steffo
LPG > You

Yep! Especially more so in the Fiesta Zetec then my current Sport Clio. For some reason the Fiesta was the target of 40 yr old men in GTs and Clubsports trying to perv when they saw P-Plates and then when they saw a 6'2" 111.5kg bloke looking back they're back off hard.

It was also the target of stupid idiots in Falcons/Commos or big 4WDs trying to cut off or tailgate/intimdate you all the time.

The Sport Clio gets none of that. I don't understand why! Ricers try to take it on lots and lose, and people in cars actually good seem to give it the nod.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Old 04-02-2008, 08:56 PM   #4
paul_r_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Yep! Especially more so in the Fiesta Zetec then my current Sport Clio. For some reason the Fiesta was the target of 40 yr old men in GTs and Clubsports trying to perv when they saw P-Plates and then when they saw a 6'2" 111.5kg bloke looking back they're back off hard.

It was also the target of stupid idiots in Falcons/Commos or big 4WDs trying to cut off or tailgate/intimdate you all the time.

The Sport Clio gets none of that. I don't understand why! Ricers try to take it on lots and lose, and people in cars actually good seem to give it the nod.

LOL I know the feeling, I get "try hard wog yo bro's" speeding up to my when I am in my missus Getz, the only thing they gunna get is a 5 foot 8 bloke driving. The soon nick off, or be complete tools and rev their motors at me at the lights..... yeah I am gunna drag them PFFT.

The missus
2003 Rav4 4 door Cruiser
Old 04-02-2008, 08:57 PM   #5
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont get any of that, but maybe cos I'm a natural-born hustler.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:02 PM   #6
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Try driving a fluro yellow Festiva.....

I happens every now and again to me, but i'm not fussed. I drive to the law and the limit, if others have a problem too bad.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:04 PM   #7
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_r_d
LOL I know the feeling, I get "try hard wog yo bro's" speeding up to my when I am in my missus Getz, the only thing they gunna get is a 5 foot 8 bloke driving. The soon nick off, or be complete tools and rev their motors at me at the lights..... yeah I am gunna drag them PFFT.
Seems like most young people these days have got something to prove. Sad.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:14 PM   #8
TEKILA
formerly AU_bullet

this happens to me all the time! im driving a daihatsu charade atm as a run around and i am constantly being pushed off the road, such as in situations where the road goes from 2 lanes to one, i would occasionally get a 4WD or truck push me out of the way and id have to brake hard, or people get right up my ar5e coz its only a 3 cylinder and it has no balls!
frustrates me to tears, very dangerous stuff!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:14 PM   #9
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Big car/Falcoon/Commodore/Territory = Compensating for a small interlect upstairs and downstairs. :

The small cars get picked on because we dont fit into the ZOMG V8 bro ZOMG did you hear it dose.. stereotype. :

I just ignore them. If they wanna play then so be it. Dont go crying home to mummie when a 4cyl throws you a tissue box. :

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 04-02-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:22 PM   #10
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Big car/Falcoon/Commodore/Territory = Compensating for a small interlect upstairs and downstairs.

The small cars get picked on because we dont fit into the ZOMG V8 bro ZOMG did you hear it dose.. stereotype.
My dick may be small, but atleast i get to use it on ladies.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Old 04-02-2008, 09:24 PM   #11
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Big car/Falcoon/Commodore/Territory = Compensating for a small interlect upstairs and downstairs.

The small cars get picked on because we dont fit into the ZOMG V8 bro ZOMG did you hear it dose.. stereotype.

I just ignore them. If they wanna play then so be it. Do go crying home to mummie when a 4cyl throws you a tissue box.
For someone whinging about being sterotyped you seem to do a good job of it yourself...
Old 04-02-2008, 09:25 PM   #12
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Big car/Falcoon/Commodore/Territory = Compensating for a small interlect upstairs and downstairs. :

The small cars get picked on because we dont fit into the ZOMG V8 bro ZOMG did you hear it dose.. stereotype. :

I just ignore them. If they wanna play then so be it. Dont go crying home to mummie when a 4cyl throws you a tissue box. :
Dont go crying home to mummie when my work ute towing a trailer can blow you off
Old 04-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #13
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very sensitive arent yous.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #14
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:

Oh noez. I have a 3.1m wheelbase, my brain dieded....ooops my thing fell off.....woes me.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #15
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I just ignore them. If they wanna play then so be it. Do go crying home to mummie when a 4cyl throws you a tissue box.
its annoying when people think they are absolutley spot on when in fact they couldnt be any more further from the truth, not all people use big cars to "compensate", there are plenty of reasons why people prefer big cars or more powerful V8/turbo cars over small 4 cylinder cars eg 4 cylinders make Zero torque, cant make anywhere near as much power as a 6 or 8, most 4 cylinder cars are generally less safe as bigger cars and also they sound like crap
Old 04-02-2008, 09:29 PM   #16
Walkinshaw
Two > One

On a serious note, by "If they wanna play then so be it" you believe your Fiesta is quicker that a "ZOMG V8 bro ZOMG did you hear it dose" falcon?

I Think Corey D has taken posession of your PC, quick get it checked

Old 04-02-2008, 09:29 PM   #17
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
what the hell is a yous. and why arent they sensitive. I tell you buddy, if i had a yous, it would not only be sensitive, but would be coated in pink glitter with neon signs saying "Sensitive Yous Within!"

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 04-02-2008, 09:30 PM   #18
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea90gl
its annoying when people think they are absolutley spot on when in fact they couldnt be any more further from the truth, not all people use big cars to "compensate", there are plenty of reasons why people prefer big cars or more powerful V8/turbo cars over small 4 cylinder cars
Not being shithouse would be one

Old 04-02-2008, 09:30 PM   #19
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
Only a little less sensitive than your car..
Old 04-02-2008, 09:31 PM   #20
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Old 04-02-2008, 09:31 PM   #21
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
what the hell is a yous. and why arent they sensitive. I tell you buddy, if i had a yous, it would not only be sensitive, but would be coated in pink glitter with neon signs saying "Sensitive Yous Within!"
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:33 PM   #22
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
teapots? in february? they must be early this year during their migration from the conveyor belt.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 04-02-2008, 09:34 PM   #23
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:

Best you show us... :

Old 04-02-2008, 09:35 PM   #24
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
Only a little less sensitive than your car..
Ooooo, you do know what I drive... must be a good psychic... go on tell me more.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:36 PM   #25
nugget378
Weezland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Best you show us... :

I dont think they serve caramel mocha latte's at heafkit..
Old 04-02-2008, 09:36 PM   #26
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Bunch of Muppets the lot of you.

Other than using a big car for work purposes or family necessity what is the sensation of owning it if all you do is show what little braincells you have.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:36 PM   #27
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_r_d
Is it just me.... but I find people try and intimidate you because your in a smaller car. I have had so many near misses from people in larger cars doing stupid things. Just wondering if any other small car drivers cops this??
I don't intimidate. I just suck you in through the throttle body, spit you out the back, and use you as traction on the way home.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:38 PM   #28
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had some P plater try and bully me in her EA Wagon, i was driving my Dad's Mazda 323. (After the finger had made an appearance though hehe)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:39 PM   #29
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Bunch of Muppets the lot of you.

Other than using a big car for work purposes or family necessity what is the sensation of owning it if all you do is show what little braincells you have.
How about this one. When my car gets hit by a genius metrosexual with an 8 foot dick in his fiesta, He will be the one going to the morgue in a glad wrapped leftovers plate, and not me.

Small cars are coffins, no matter how big the coffee can exhaust is.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 04-02-2008, 09:44 PM   #30
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:

Why in hell would anyone what to play with a 'small' car? Cant see the fun in that or you just pretending that 'yous' get noticed? DOnt be fooled!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread