Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-07-2007, 09:42 AM   #1
smee
FishermanDan

Default Anyone done AU error code diagnostic for pc?

Has someone got a interface made that will output the AU1 eec v codes to a laptop/pc and maybe data logging too?
Dan

smee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 02:09 PM   #2
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It can be done but you would need to create an interface box between the diagnostic harness and serial port of the pc - the signal and pinout doesn't conform to standard
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2007, 08:22 PM   #3
janek
Ripping it up

If the connector is OBD2, i have a handheld scantool thingmy from good ole usa
janek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2007, 08:48 PM   #4
smee
FishermanDan

Does it work on your AU2?
I think the AU is OBD1? PWM protocol?
have you tried it on a BA/BF ?
smee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 05:49 PM   #5
prhill
Starter Motor

The AU outputs PWM data protocol, but it is slightly different to US obd2. US sourced scanners do not work on AU (at least a couple I have tried). The AU error codes are the same as obd2 (5 digit alpha numeric), but I believe the PID's are different. I am sure the pinouts on AU are PWM protocol.
There a number of interface units (elmscan for one) that take the data signal from vehicle diagnostic port to pc (either serial or usb). Some clever software is then required to process and display.
The BA/F have a different system again, they use a CAN protocol and comply with EOBD (european obd,virtually identical to us obd2, but us does not use the CAN protocol).
If you want to build a scanner, then choose an interface that covers both PWM and CAN protocol (elmscan 327).
I am about to embark on a project to build a scanner for the BA/F, and probably will also look at AU.
prhill is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2007, 08:44 AM   #6
janek
Ripping it up

i will be trying it out on the au2 this week... will update the results
janek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post