Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-08-2007, 10:00 PM   #1
HoT-AU
06 SS Thunder Ute

Default Lowering An AUXR8 ute

G'day guys,

I just got my ute and wanted to lower it. I Had a search for lowering a AU2 XR8 ute, i didnt find much, and was wondering if there is anyone out there that has lowered there ute and if so, How much it cost and what did u get done?

Thanks!

Old 10-08-2007, 10:50 PM   #2
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've only got a XL SE ute, but i've got KingSprings lowered rear leaf's and Whiteline lowered front springs. I haven't got upgraded shocks in it. Cost me around the $500 mark for the springs then another couple hundred to get them installed, that was by my local Ford dealer. Planning on getting a set of Whiteline anti-sway bars for it and some new front shocks which will be installed by Tyrepower here who've looked after me really well since they opened 12 months ago.
Hope that helps.

Cheers
Nathan

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2007, 11:51 PM   #3
HoT-AU
06 SS Thunder Ute

ahh thanks mate thats a good start, hows the handling?Im guessing around the 1000 odd mark for a good set of springs and shockers all installed. Is there anyone else?
Old 11-08-2007, 03:29 PM   #4
TMB490
20's are cool

i have ultra lows on front. . and peders leafs at the back. . but the leafs dont do much for lowering i couldnt even reali tell the difference so we put a set of lowering blocks underneath. .does the trick
TMB490 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2007, 08:43 PM   #5
HoT-AU
06 SS Thunder Ute

yea im not really all that experianced with leafs, so im not sure how much it all costs. How do they even do it? Hwo low did u go?
Old 12-08-2007, 08:50 PM   #6
phibza_XR6
drive it like u stole it

ey mate i got ultra low king springs in the front of my xr6 ute and reset rear leaf springs to suit the height of the front. Thats the best and cheapest way to go i reckon!
Old 13-08-2007, 04:58 PM   #7
TMB490
20's are cool

they just reset the plates. and if your going to use lowering blocks all it is a thick rubber block that makes the diff sit higher up. not sure how low it went but it tucks 18's at the back and just at the front so its pretty low. just so you know it wont be lyk a brick and you will feel every lump and bump on the road
TMB490 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2007, 05:02 PM   #8
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

for the rear get the springs reset don't use lowering blocks they are dangerous and should be banned
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post