Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 09-06-2006, 10:20 AM   #1
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Default Serious Mods

heys all.
Would any one be able to tell me or give sites for turbos' and ECU flashes. i wanna get quotes. 74 kw isnt enough . iwant to be able to give ppl who drive a wrx a shock when i take off at the lights and manage to keep up. not beat, but keep up!!!!!any help would be greatfull.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 10:30 AM   #2
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Hey Sean,

1st question is how much are you willing to spend?
2nd question how much power you looking at?

Tho i aint an expert or know much about serious performance mods a mild turbo setup will set you back 4-6g so i am told. But anything is possible. In regards to power i have no idea. Why dont you concider the Fezz ST if it does come out. Starting from 110kw stock isnt bad then you can do serious mods to it, then you should be able to chop anything with in reason.

Rememember money talks so if u got the dosh u can have it the way you want.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #3
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

You're talking big money to mod the Fez like that, especially with what you seem to have in mind here. I don't think there is much to gain from an ECU reflash either and a turbo option would be largely custom fittings etc. I'd hate to say it, but the money spent on mods like that may well be better invested in an upgrade to a different car.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:34 AM   #4
Swaytan
Swaytan

1. Get a better gearbox.

2. Learn racing changes.

That's all I can think of.
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 10:35 AM   #5
photn
AFF Post NAZI

well we diont even know if the fez st is comming out here at all, though we are hopefull. i want to get sum quotes atm see how much im up for, then sit on it for a little while, while we see whats hapening with the st then make a decision. in regards to power, i want at least twice what i got now.so roughly 155, alitle more than the xr5. if the st comes out b4 i do the turbo then ill buy the st and Turbo that. but i want serious power. but im not going to mod the bodykit or ne thing if thats the case. i want to see the shock on ppl's face when i rip them with a fez, and no blow off valve either no a loser.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:41 AM   #6
photn
AFF Post NAZI

apart from turbo is there any other way to increase the kilowats of the car. and custom fittings and all that is no problem. have connections in right places, get all that jazz at trade price and installed. just dont know whats out there, and how much i might be looking at, what power gain and performance/economy. so like i asked b4, does ne 1 know where i can get a quote PLZ lolz, just looking for a quote and extra power. ohh n sway in regards to race driving stuff, do u mean like double clutching and all that, i already do that.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:44 AM   #7
nnng_oozie
Bone Stock Fiesta!

Getting another car will be a lot easier, or another engine to start off with. To make that much power you either gotta custom make everything or get in from the UK, in either case it'll be heaps. I think i speak for all of us in that we love our Fez for other reasons, not to max it out.
nnng_oozie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 10:44 AM   #8
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

For 155kw you might as well buy a formula ford engine ($10000) or put a cossie engine in then turbo or just get a more powerful car. I doubt that kind a power can be sustained with stock ecu, gearbox and a few other things. Also massive torque steer will be an issue.

I think with stock internals and just slamming a turbo/pod, exhaust might only give u 115 - 130kw but dont quote me on that. Ur best bet would be a engine upgrade then serious mods.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:46 AM   #9
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Lol - Try Nizpro
Old 09-06-2006, 10:48 AM   #10
nnng_oozie
Bone Stock Fiesta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
For 155kw you might as well buy a formula ford engine ($10000) or put a cossie engine in then turbo. I doubt that kind a power can be sustained with stock ecu, gearbox and a few other things. Also massive torque steer will be an issue.
Exactly, its not just the price of getting the power up, the cost of getting everthing else to withstand that kinda power will be substantial.

= BIG $$$
Old 09-06-2006, 10:48 AM   #11
photn
AFF Post NAZI

nnng_oozie i love my fez for the looks and handling plus economy. i just want moer power.and there has to be something that you can do to give more power. i dont want to max it out. but i still want more power. already got a pod filter planned to go in soon and a sports exhaust from the cat back.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:51 AM   #12
photn
AFF Post NAZI

if thats the case in regards to torque steer and all that, how the hell do the corrollas do it and the lowlux's
im really confused.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:52 AM   #13
nnng_oozie
Bone Stock Fiesta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
nnng_oozie i love my fez for the looks and handling plus economy. i just want moer power.and there has to be something that you can do to give more power. i dont want to max it out. but i still want more power. already got a pod filter planned to go in soon and a sports exhaust from the cat back.
Then at least get another engine. You'll have a good foundation to start modding seriously.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:54 AM   #14
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Look you could put a V8 in the little sucker if ya want. It all comes down to how much money you have. Anything is possible. What we are trying to say is it would be a waste of money, in my opinion you will be looking in excess of 8g with everything custom done all tuned and everything else i cant remember. It will also be a long process maybe months to get it all sorted. Then u will need a engineers cert because the power output has proabbaly exceeded normal laws.

In regards to torque steer, the lolux's are RWD so it wouldnt matter, If you got torque steer in a FWD like a fez you will loses the integrity of the car, it will no longer be a car u can throw into corners hard but you will be driving it differently to stop it spinning or sliding in corner uncontrollably. :eclipsee_
Old 09-06-2006, 11:00 AM   #15
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Unhappy

awe well looks like ill just have to stick to extractors. see the thing is i absolutely love the fez to death, but it kills me that it has no pwer. i love the ride, handling, brakeing, and turning, just wanted to get more power. awe well, all dreams have to come to an end at one point or another.

Old 09-06-2006, 11:03 AM   #16
nnng_oozie
Bone Stock Fiesta!

We're trying to help ya man. But sometimes you gotta let things go.....

(Man that sounds gay)
Old 09-06-2006, 11:07 AM   #17
photn
AFF Post NAZI

huh im lost, whats gay.?????

Old 09-06-2006, 11:09 AM   #18
photn
AFF Post NAZI

i think ill just wait for the st and put extractors and an exhaust + pod on that. probably the best way to go.

Old 09-06-2006, 11:10 AM   #19
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Maybe you can just get the throttle in the blue bottle NOS??
Old 09-06-2006, 11:15 AM   #20
photn
AFF Post NAZI

even though i know that highly illegal lol, and id have to get the engine installed with sum suports so that i dont blow a god damn piston. ahh dont worry about it, ill wait for the ST, thanks for all the input and info guys, probably saved me wasting 10g

Old 09-06-2006, 11:29 AM   #21
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

My initial plan is Fez ST + 4-2-1 Millitek Extractors + 2inch Stainless exhaust + K&N Pod Filter + Superchip ECU Upgrade and maybe see 130-140kw
Old 09-06-2006, 11:31 AM   #22
photn
AFF Post NAZI

that sounds awesume, was thinking of the xr5, but its not a fez. my first car is my fez, and ill having trouble letting it go if i everhave to. not used to change, so yer. prfer things stay the same, was gonna go similar setup to what u got damian. i just looked at the pricing for one. looking at 40000 for one. shaz wazza. i wonder how much the st will be.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:43 PM   #23
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
i wonder how much the st will be.
New cars in the UK are generally a bit dearer to buy than they are in Oz, their average earnings are in turn more than the average Oz wage.
The price from Ford UK website for the ST is around 13,595 pounds which on the current exchange rate of around "AU$1 = 40p" equates to the ST being approximately $33,987.50 in Oz money....."ouch", ("forget about going it alone and importing one")........of course this means little to us as we do not have the equivalent car to compare the price gap difference for the Oz market........but we do have the Zetec model which is similar specs to their Zetec-S model hence we can do a rough price simulation, the Zetec-S is around 11,595 pounds in the UK which equates to $28,987.50 in Oz dollars, which in theory should put the ST at around AU$5000 more after the monetory exchange than the Zetec/Zetec-S model which is list price in Oz $18,490 + ORC, thereby theoretically placing the ST if it were to come to Oz at around $23,490 + ORC...... Just my theory, Ford may have other ideas of course.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 01:48 PM   #24
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

IF you are serious there are several turbo kits avaible in Europe for the fiesta. You will of course need to run a new ECU as the stock can't even be flashed. People have gotten 150KW running the stock internals but this is the limit as anything higher will result in rods goign through the block.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 01:53 PM   #25
photn
AFF Post NAZI

fair enough, ummm rob i think i lost u when u said "New" loland piotr whats the site and price range in conversion to AUS

Old 09-06-2006, 02:33 PM   #26
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Photn - in regards to your post in another thread... THIS thread is just proof of why I got rid of the Fiesta. I needed more power. So, I ended up with 75% more power, same weight, and better handling.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 03:18 PM   #27
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Personally, I'll just save up for another car, the Fiesta serves as my daily commuter car; going from A to B and the occassional outing with friends. However once I've finished paying for it, chances are I'll get a loan and purchase another car (: Something with a bit more power.
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 06:20 PM   #28
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
Personally, I'll just save up for another car, the Fiesta serves as my daily commuter car; going from A to B and the occassional outing with friends. However once I've finished paying for it, chances are I'll get a loan and purchase another car (: Something with a bit more power.
My thoughts exactly. Fiesta is just a fun way of being conservative. Thats all.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 06:38 PM   #29
kenneth_lks
Fiestata!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx

Indeed, it doesn't worth to spend a huge money to mod a 1.6L 16V Fiesta cause you might be able to buy another car with more power and comfortable at the end. There is plenty of new and high performance small vehicle such as Mazda 3 MPS, Clio Sport, XR5T, Golf GTI etc..ahha..manufactured turbo and engine, keep the legal standard :sm_headba

Gonna make a testdrive booking for the Mazda 3 MPs and Golf GTI
kenneth_lks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 07:05 PM   #30
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth_lks
Indeed, it doesn't worth to spend a huge money to mod a 1.6L 16V Fiesta cause you might be able to buy another car with more power and comfortable at the end. There is plenty of new and high performance small vehicle such as Mazda 3 MPS, Clio Sport, XR5T, Golf GTI etc..ahha..manufactured turbo and engine, keep the legal standard :sm_headba

Gonna make a testdrive booking for the Mazda 3 MPs and Golf GTI

I will say & have said before that it depends heavily on the driver too. This is not having a go at anybody at all.

For my height, body type, driving experience & budget the Ford Fiesta for me is my ideal car. I would love nothing more than to go out first thing tomorrow morning & slam $55k down for a Golf GTi, but it just so happens I can't afford that. And I have driven a new GTi, it rips the face off ANYTHING ELSE I'VE EVER DRIVEN. Including a CV8 Monaro.

The Fez is everything my budget will allow me to have at this point, and has everything I need for the moment.

It's like anything, you pay for what you get & obviously a $16k car will not do the same job as a $36k car. But when you find yourself in a car that suits you as a driver, you can push that car to it's limits & make it drive properly. I think the Fez is a bit of a no brainer, there's your power windows, air con & cd player, have fun.

All I know is almost any proffesional driver that has compared the Fez to all other cars in it's range has voted Fez hands down. The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts...
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post