Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-07-2006, 09:49 PM   #1
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Sleeper EF

All the bits are finally coming together. I head out west this Friday to get my EF out of storage. All I've done to it so far is drop it with pedders suspension. That was about twelve months ago before it went in storage.

On the way back through Albury Tuesday I'm picking up my snort performance kit. This is my first look at forced induction so I decided to start out small and get a stage 2 kit. That comes with pretty much everything the stage 3 kit does except a KKK 450r in place of the TO4e and log style manifold in place of the tuned length. But for a $2500 entry level setup I'm pretty happy.

I've got heaps to learn but initially I'll be aiming for 180rwkw. Then I'll do something about ECU and internals so I can boost it a bit more.

This is a photo of the car running on my 19inch ROH fury's. They're coming off and the stockies going back on with darker tint and a nice interior.

BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 10:01 PM   #2
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Nice! Maybe you could post up a thread in the project cars section and post up updates as you go along? Should be interesting to see it come together! Good luck with it all, should be good beating alot of cars in a stock looking EF
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 10:04 PM   #3
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Hey mate..

Where abouts in albury do you get the kits from?

Cheers,
Nik
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 10:10 PM   #4
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't have the address on me. Its from snort performance. www.snortperformance.com . Give Geoff a call. Top bloke, very helpful.

I'll start posting in the project forum next week when I've got everything in the shed. Lots of pictures and questions to come. Just throwing a sneak preview up here.

See below pics of the stage two kit as posted on ebay at the moment...

Old 24-07-2006, 10:29 PM   #5
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Ahh... One of Geoff's kits... Hmm... Didn't realise he changed the name.. Must be due to the change of the manifold maker.. Big Johnny.. Lol..

Have fun...

Cheers,
Nik
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2006, 07:05 PM   #6
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I towed my XT down to my storage location and picked up the EF today. A 1500km round trip. The BA XR8 is a superb tow car and handled the job with ease. I was supposed to pick up my turbo kit on the way back through Wodonga but Geoff has been sick and unable to put my kit together in time.

As a guesture of goodwill he has offered to upgrade my kit from a stage 2 to a stage 3 and chuck in postage free of charge. I'm not complaining. Not sure yet if I'm getting a KKK 600r or the stage three kit with the Garrett GT40R and tuned length manifold.

These pics are after I got it off the trailer and gave it a quick wash.

Old 01-08-2006, 07:13 PM   #7
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

Sweet as dude. Is the kit roughly 180rwkw bolt on?
El falcon, 4.0, XR6 camshaft, pacemaker extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust with tri flow sports muffler, AU TE50 intake, with K&N panel filter, Advanti racing Stalker 17" rims, Sitting on Ultra Low King Springs, 'Gabriel' Ultras Lowered struts, NOW MANUAL, 3.45 LSD

9.694 @ 75.38 MPH at Mildura Drag Strip 1/8 Mile

XC Falcon project car underway......
HSVETAR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2006, 08:05 PM   #8
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was told to expect a bolt on 180-200rwkw from the stage two, not sure about the stage three. My engine is in pretty good nick so I should get some good numbers.

First job is to just get it up and running with the turbo. Then I'll try for 180rwkw. On the shopping list are a set of injectors, fuel pump, and a capa eliminator chip. Then I'll turn up the boost and see what I can get from the stock cam and head.

The plan is to then do some head work and try a few turbo grinds. Then it'll be time for a run down the quarter.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:08 PM   #9
SupahStah
Tha Stah

Hmmm, I wouldnt be going too far with stock head / cam lolz =]
It may blow the hell up :P
6-8psi is ok for stock engines, and in some cases increases fuel economy, with still 160rwkws+?
But it depends how tough you think that motor is
*Correct me if im wrong, I usualy am*
Soon To Come: |Largish Cam + Chip|
ETA: *When the bank account is ready *
SupahStah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2006, 08:24 PM   #10
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll be more worried about the stock cast pistons and rod/rod bolts than the head or cam. But I'm not too fussed if it all goes pear shaped, good excuse to build a bullet proof bottom end I guess.

I'm throwing around a couple of ideas for when I do build a bottom end with decent rods and forgies. Has anyone run a staged nitrous setup with there turbo? Basically a shot delivered until the point at which the turbo spools up to overcome turbo lag.

That's what the second turbo on a twin turbo setup is for isn't it? i.e. one small turbo that spools quick and one big turbo that provides big boost once it gets spinning. But I'm new to this turbo gig. I'm probably getting way too ahead of myself. A new bottom end won't be coming for a while unless something tragic occurs.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:27 PM   #11
EFDream
XRR83D

Real clean looking ef there. I'll keep my eye out for your project thread as what your doing is a goal I'm working towards!

2007 Suzuki Swift - Pearl Red
Povo Pack

EFDream is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2006, 09:45 PM   #12
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourBarrel

I'm throwing around a couple of ideas for when I do build a bottom end with decent rods and forgies. Has anyone run a staged nitrous setup with there turbo? Basically a shot delivered until the point at which the turbo spools up to overcome turbo lag.
theres a simple way to have the nitrous just for spool-up.

you need:
full throttle switch
relays
pressure switch
arm switch.

you have the full throttle switch, a normally closed relay, and the arm switch in series, and the pressure switch turns the relay OFF.

this means that the arm switch has to be on, you need to be at full throttle, and off boost for nitrous to be on.

the instant you back of, flick the switch, or you come on boost, nitrous cuts out.

maybe if you want a staged setup, you could use the boost switch and relay to switch between two systems (ie 100hp for spool-up, and a 50hp for the rest of the run)

thats some ideas.

cya
Ben

*edit*

oh yeah, TT systems can either be sequential (late model supra/Liberty B4) or parrallel (GTR/early supra/all soarer).

parrallel is like having two on a v engine, ie 3 cyl each turbo
sequential is where a valve closes off one turbo, so that gas from all 6 goes through one, and then later, above certain rpm/boost, the valve opens and gas spools the second turbo at the same time. They are often the same size (late supras)

or you can have them in series, where all gas goes through one, then the other at all times. used in two-stage system where you want bull**** boost (60+ psi).
BLSTIC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2006, 10:05 PM   #13
evlelf
Banned

Hey man, nice work.. good to see you gettin a snort kit on there, that second pic you posted up with the red turbo and rocker cover is my old car EVLELF, geoff's really good, very helpful.. and on an EF engine you should be gettin 180rwkw's no worries, dont be too eager though, leave boost at 6 pound or below until you get fuel and ecu sorted

mine pulled 13.3 down the quarter with that kit... std ecu, and just a fuel pump to help the fuel system along good luck with it, have fun
evlelf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2006, 10:35 PM   #14
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Geoff mentioned your car when selling the kit to me. That's good advice, I'll be sticking to 6psi until I get new injectors and ecu. I'll be extremely happy with a 13.3!!!
Old 02-08-2006, 01:01 AM   #15
hppsc
Banned

manual or auto EF?
hppsc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 09:56 AM   #16
evlelf
Banned

if you have a decent tranny, or a manual, you'l go into the 12's..
I cant wait to get this EL up to the stage where i can turbo it... boosted E series was the most fun ever!
Old 02-08-2006, 10:21 AM   #17
Quicklier
Perfecting the 1-2 change

Hold up!
2.5k + Stock EF Manual and you could be running 13's (or even 12's)?
Old 02-08-2006, 10:31 AM   #18
evlelf
Banned

sure can, 2.5k on the eb, plus walbro fuel pump.. and 13.3 with slipping trans bit of head work too. but still, 13's easy without it ef engine should do mid to low 13's no problem with this kit
Old 02-08-2006, 05:47 PM   #19
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hppsc
manual or auto EF?
4 speed auto. But if I bust another one I'll probably drop a C4 in using a Dellow bellhousing. I've been told the C4 is lighter with better ratios. I'm thinking the C4 with a set of diff gears should be a good thing. A 5 speed conversion is an option too.

But that's way off. I'll see how this 4 speed holds up first. Its a reasonably good condition second hand unit I bought from the wrecker after the first one went into terminal meltdown two days after buying the car.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:49 PM   #20
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by evlelf
sure can, 2.5k on the eb, plus walbro fuel pump.. and 13.3 with slipping trans bit of head work too. but still, 13's easy without it ef engine should do mid to low 13's no problem with this kit
Ok dude, I'm going to have plenty of questions for you in the coming months. Pitty the timing is out, I used to hang out in Chelsea Heights quiet a bit. My parents lived in Forth Ave near the shops...
Old 02-08-2006, 05:57 PM   #21
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fourbarrel, id hate to be a pain but that turbo kit you got, its obviously for 6cyl, yeh?. If its only for 6cyl cars, is there any snort performance kits for the 8's?

regards
SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 06:10 PM   #22
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT8
Fourbarrel, id hate to be a pain but that turbo kit you got, its obviously for 6cyl, yeh?. If its only for 6cyl cars, is there any snort performance kits for the 8's?

regards
No hassle, I don't think snort do a V8 kit. Don't quote me on it but I have a vague memory of them helping out with a custom V8 setup. You could always have a bash at fabricating the manifolds yourself or get them from the states. My uncle is doing something similar now. He's building a twin turbo chevy impala.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:15 PM   #23
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by evlelf
mine pulled 13.3 down the quarter with that kit...
Awesome - now they are the times I want to see from a Ford Straight 6 in a EF or EL

Back in 1991 my Charger did 13.3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DRHEMI QTR Mile.jpg (28.3 KB, 58 views)

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2006, 06:34 PM   #24
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I finally got around to putting that project thread up. I started pulling the car apart today too.

EF Sleeper Project Car