Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-05-2007, 10:06 AM   #1
josh_hartman
Banned

Default More Trouble With BA Trans In AU :(

It is all put in and works well except for it doesnt change out of 3rd. It just stays in 3rd. Takes of in 3rd and does everything n 3rd. park, reverse and N work. any ideas? we got the cables caught in between the gearbox and engine when putting it up but didnt get to much pressure on it. easy way to say it is that i have gears
P
R
N

josh_hartman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2007, 11:11 AM   #2
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_hartman
It is all put in and works well except for it doesnt change out of 3rd. It just stays in 3rd. Takes of in 3rd and does everything n 3rd. park, reverse and N work. any ideas? we got the cables caught in between the gearbox and engine when putting it up but didnt get to much pressure on it. easy way to say it is that i have gears
P
R
N
It's in Limp Home Mode, but that's about all I can tell you. sorry!
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2007, 03:12 PM   #3
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it would seem that more than likely the au ecu doesn't like the ba trans...haven't ba's got ion autos in them instead of btr's?
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2007, 03:40 PM   #4
josh_hartman
Banned

nah its a btr transmission. if i damaged the cables going to the trans would that put it in limp mode?
Old 12-05-2007, 03:54 PM   #5
peterban
AULTD

Is your speedo working?
If not that also causes limp home mode
peterban is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2007, 04:41 PM   #6
josh_hartman
Banned

yeh we put a speedo drive on the shaft so its all working
Old 12-05-2007, 09:25 PM   #7
peterban
AULTD

The only other thing is maybe they changed the pinout on the transmission from AU to BA, but highly unlikely.
You could have been unlucky and damaged the wires.
Check that the plugs are in firmly, especially the large round one. It sounds as if the the easy ones on the inhibitor switch are O.K.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:39 PM   #8
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ba autos don't have a vss output on the trans, they get the reading from the abs sensors, that's why you don't have to get anything to adjust the speedo if you change to different wheels, it adjusts itself...apparently there's nowhere to put a speedo sensor in the trans itself
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2007, 09:48 PM   #9
peterban
AULTD

I just read on the E series section that bad earths can also cause limp home mode to kick in.
I think the auto was modified so that it would take the speed sensor from the AU.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:54 PM   #10
Rollin
Banned

I'd like pics of the modded trans so show how the speed sensor is set up?
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2007, 07:32 AM   #11
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_hartman
P
R
N
this may be your problem. you may not think there is too much pressure on it, but it may be enough to upset the pins at the plug, either making them loose, or pulling the plug out enough to lose contact. worse case sinario wires have broken. maybe lengthen the wires so they wont be strecthed tight and getting caught up on anything.

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2007, 06:07 PM   #12
just me
AU2 XR8

ba utes without abs have a speed sensor in them thats probally how he got away with it or he just put an older model extension housing on very easy i no there are some differences in grounding in the valve body on ba's compared to older models which will put it in limp mode try pulling the pan off and swapping your loom out of the au trans into the ba one it should plug straight just have to drop the valve body to get the ba loom out and put yours in reset the computer and see what happens hope that helps
cheers
just me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: