Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 18-10-2006, 10:06 PM   #1
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Cluster with Tacho for ED

Ok, probably been asked before but excuse me for repeating.

Same old - GLi cluster and I want (at least) a tacho. I know I'll need the Oil sender unit to replace the switch. What model cluster can I fit? Will, like EL or EF fit? I know I'll prefer one with Smartlock.

Also, I'd like to swap my Odo over to retain teh genuine k's. I understand this is possible. Is it possible? If so, how would I go about it?

I'm certain I don't want to pay an instrument place to get the k's right.

Cheers!

Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 11:05 PM   #2
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

get a fully sick monster tacho...
S pack ones have the tacho, and i think the odometer has a couple of screws in it, you should be able to work it out when you pull the backing off the cluster, just dont be too rough they are very touchy.
i have one kicken around here but dosent have the smartlock light in it...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 11:19 PM   #3
Inferno
Mr Forty Seven

You'd have to keep with an EB-ED model cluster, unless you convert your interior to EF/EL spec.

You can swap over your odometer easily. I did it when I converted from Gli cluster to SPac cluster, took about 30 minutes and I'm hopeless with DIY kinda stuff.

It's not a problem, just make sure when your taking out the orange needles that indicate your speed and revs you remember to put them back in the same spot they were before. Also be gentle with them, very easy to break those needles, they can snap

Also Featuring

NFERNO Registration Plates
ELXR Front Bar & Bonnet with Sequential Scoop
18x8 Graphite Rims, Genie Extractors and Exhaust, Chrome Moulds
ELGT Steering Wheel, Clear Repeators, Cornering Lamps, Tinted Windows
Walnut Highlights, Pionner DEH-P9650MP Headunit & Pro-Series Speakers

Local Playground: Brisbane CBD and surrounding suburbs
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 11:23 PM   #4
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks guys!
Looks likeI hunt for a cluster before I spend too much cash on anything else or wait until it recovers after Indy - Go the Fords!
Old 20-10-2006, 03:07 PM   #5
sven

easy swap mate. dont bother looking for one with smartlock if you cant find it. all it is is an LED. i've got photo's of the screws you need to take out to pull odometer if you want. dash takes no time to swap over.
Old 20-10-2006, 08:08 PM   #6
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven
easy swap mate. dont bother looking for one with smartlock if you cant find it. all it is is an LED. i've got photo's of the screws you need to take out to pull odometer if you want. dash takes no time to swap over.
great and thanks.
Can you post them up here? If not i'll hit you with an email addy.
Old 23-10-2006, 06:39 PM   #7
sven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_R
great and thanks.
Can you post them up here? If not i'll hit you with an email addy.
no problem mate. ill pull it out and take a photo for you tomorrow mate.

Steve