Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-05-2006, 11:43 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Sony Xplod XR8 for sale

I guess youre all familiar with this particular car - the Gold XR8 that Herrod and Sony did for the motor show scene a few years back, well its for sale up here. I know the guy bought it for $28,000. His asking price - $40k.

I'll try to get a scan of the ad tomorrow.

Old 27-05-2006, 01:12 AM   #2
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
I guess youre all familiar with this particular car - the Gold XR8 that Herrod and Sony did for the motor show scene a few years back, well its for sale up here. I know the guy bought it for $28,000. His asking price - $40k.

I'll try to get a scan of the ad tomorrow.
Well excuse me for sounding rude maybe ( i've had a few drinks ! ) , but if the guy paid $28,000 and prolly gave it a thrashing too and now it's older in age too , i would no way pay more than what he paid for it , sony/herrod decked out or not , no way would it be woth that much imo, imo thats just me maybe, im a picky bastard :evil3: ..lol :togo:

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2006, 01:37 AM   #3
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

I agree, how is a car that was $28000 a couple of years ago appreciate to $40000.

"Tell him he's Dreamin" - The Castle.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2006, 06:58 AM   #4
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoked
"Tell him he's Dreamin" - The Castle.
I think he is more than just dreaming.
No way would i pay that much.
Old 27-05-2006, 07:59 AM   #5
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Aust is that a mis key ? Surely no way $40k ?
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2006, 08:35 AM   #6
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Delusions of granduer! LOL!

Aussie translation has already been expressed "Tell him he's dreamin!"

More than that though, I hope he doesn't have the gall to post his for sale ad here, he'll get a grilling (and rightly so IMO) for asking, let alone expecting that kind of money!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2006, 10:32 AM   #7
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

does it still have the stroker motor in it?
las time i saw it at the tickford day, one of the mechanics told us that it wasnt able to be street registered because of the injection system and was purely a show car.????

would be good to see some photos of it, but yeah $40k not a chance in hell.
TICK4D-TAS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2006, 10:48 AM   #8
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

There only has to be one person who will want it and be prepared to spend the money- at the end of the day he's only got one to sell and if someone really wants it and is prepared to spend the money, good luck to him.

I wouldn't get $40k for my T3.....
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2006, 06:57 PM   #9
b2tf
not here much anymore

No, it wasnt a misprint. $40k.

As far as i know (ive seen it a few times, but not recently), the car is unchanged from when it was originally built. It is registered, and the guy who owns it was stupid enough to use it as his daily for a while, so im unsure of the kms on it now. When it first turned up in town I saw it in a dumpy car yard hiding in the shed, the odometer had 573 kms on it (no BS).

I think the guy who owns it does not realise what it is, or what has been done to it.
Old 27-05-2006, 07:07 PM   #10
XR8 Uterous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Im reading the ad for it now, car has had $110,000 spent on it.

PRICE HAS DROPPED TO $35,000

-Full custom leather interior
-300kw engine upgrade
-5 speed
-ONLY 1300km
-Custom paint job
-BIG sound system ( I counted 6 subs in the boot + other speakers and a 50ish cm tv screen )
XR8 Uterous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2006, 07:26 PM   #11
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

$110, spent on it, man, I didn't think it was that much but oh well, he got a bargain if he only paid $28k.
galaxy xr8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2006, 01:42 AM   #12
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

It's not going to be worth any more than any other XR8 of that year build, regardless of how much has gone into it.
Old 28-05-2006, 01:59 AM   #13
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the Fusion show cars built by maroochy car sound sell for the NEW car price.. even tho they are only a couple of years old if that(so still relativly new) but they are chockers with cool stuff
Old 28-05-2006, 03:19 PM   #14
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
It's not going to be worth any more than any other XR8 of that year build, regardless of how much has gone into it.
crap.

They will never recover anywhere near what has gone into it, but you could not tell me for a second you wouldn't pay more for it than a stock equivalent year and model.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 28-05-2006, 03:23 PM   #15
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Id buy a T3 TS50 over that but it is a very nice car indeed
Old 28-05-2006, 03:41 PM   #16
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If he sells it for that much then good on him.

It doesnt matter what he paid for it. If he can sell it for the price he is asking then his price is obviously acceptable by someone's standards.

All it takes is 1 buyer.

Making money on cars is good.
Old 28-05-2006, 03:41 PM   #17
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50
crap.

They will never recover anywhere near what has gone into it, but you could not tell me for a second you wouldn't pay more for it than a stock equivalent year and model.
I think he already has told you that. But there may be others out there who would pay more for a car than what it's "worth".
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2006, 04:19 PM   #18
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I think he already has told you that. But there may be others out there who would pay more for a car than what it's "worth".
no- he said

"It's not going to be worth any more than any other XR8 of that year build, regardless of how much has gone into it."

You can't tell me you wouldn't pay even a little bit more for that car over a stock standard XR8........
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 28-05-2006, 06:29 PM   #19
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
no- he said

"It's not going to be worth any more than any other XR8 of that year build, regardless of how much has gone into it."

You can't tell me you wouldn't pay even a little bit more for that car over a stock standard XR8........
I guess the extra over standard is justified because of the boot being filled with audio rice! LOL!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 28-05-2006, 07:13 PM   #20
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
I guess the extra over standard is justified because of the boot being filled with audio rice! LOL!

GK
300kw naturally aspirated windsor all those years ago is alot more than rice and I know it would have been a LOT of money.....

Have half you guys read anything about this car, or taken any of it in?
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 28-05-2006, 08:33 PM   #21
richo77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
crap.

I think Dark Horse might be referring to trade in value Jamie. As you'd know car yards dont really care what has been done to a car when you trade it in, they just pay as least as possible and then bump up the price when it comes time to retail it.

Of course the car is worth more than a standard XR8 to the right person willing to hand over the cash for it.
richo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2006, 08:51 PM   #22
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Thanks richo, that's what I should've clarified in my earlier post.
Old 28-05-2006, 09:10 PM   #23
blueprinted_xr
FPV F6E FG XR8 UTE EL XR6

does anyone have a pic of this car?
blueprinted_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2006, 10:15 PM   #24
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
300kw naturally aspirated windsor all those years ago is alot more than rice and I know it would have been a LOT of money.....

Have half you guys read anything about this car, or taken any of it in?
Take it easy, try to read the humour into what I have posted. I wasn't referring to the engine bay, obviously that's your focus, I on the other hand was making the "rice" comments about all that Sony gear. I know it gets many people's blood pumping, but money on that stuff IMO isn't worth it.

Do you agree that the sound and techy stuff is rice or not?

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 28-05-2006, 11:40 PM   #25
b2tf
not here much anymore

Six massive 10" Sony Xplód XSL1030 subwoofers mounted in the boot floor - max output 400 watts each.

Four x 6.5" Sony Xplód 3 way speakers - door and parcel shelf mounted.

Two Sony Xplód XM7527 2-channel amplifiers, max output 600 watts each.

750 watts of power all up.

Four x 6.5" Sony Xplód 3 way speakers, mounted two each side of the LCD screen mounted on the inside of the bootlid. Max output - 200 watts each.

Sony CD tuner head unit (CDXM700R) using 'Active Black Panel' (This technology features a 5-colour dot matrix screen that pivots at the push of a button to reveal the CD slot and front panel controls. When the CD is not in use a blank panel appears - giving the impression the front panel has been removed.

Sony portable DVD.

Sony SDMN50 15" LCD screen mounted on the inside of the bootlid (great for entertaining passengers on the way in to the drive-in).

Final SPL figure of over 145dB.

Leather trimmed Recaro seats, finished in 'Charcoal Pioneer' with 'Wattle' inserts.

Rear bench seat replaced with 2 bucket seats making for a true 2 + 2 sports car, and featuring twin removable rear head rests with 'XR8' stitched into them.

Front seat backs embossed with XR8 logos (the way we all wish Ford would do).

Matching door trims, finished with 'Wattle' leather high lights and with matching XR8 logos.

Carbon fibre highlight package including dash, instrument panel and scuff plates.

Yellow and Black leather Momo steering wheel.

Retrimmed center consol in wattle and black leather with XR8 logo.

Wattle leather shifter boot.

Leather wrapped gear knob.

PPG 'Firestorm' yellow.

Body colour external mirrors.

Carbon fibre 'B' pilliar door trims with small silver 'XR8' decals applied to the front pair.

XR8 Xplód decals applied to rear doors.

Tickford optioned body kit (excluding bonnet vents).

85 watt "Ion Crystal" PIAA driving lights mounted in the front bumper air intake.

Autotek bonnet scoops.

#

350kw 5.7 litre V8 by Herrods Motorsport:
#

Stroked to 5.7 litres by Rob Herrod using a steel crankshaft with H-beam conrods.
#

Herrod / Morrison developed eight throttle body intake manifold featuring those magnificent gold trumpets in classic V8 supercar style...
#

SVO Ford aluminium cylinder heads.
#

ARP head studs.
#

Ford Motorsport polished alloy rocker covers.
#

Specially developed Herrod / Crow camshaft.
#

Yella Terra roller rockers.
#

Yella Terra steel flywheel.
#

Main bearing stud girdle with ARP studs.
#

Modified sump.
#

Motec M8 sequential firing engine computer.

#

200kw XR8 5.0 litre V8.
#

Carbon Dynamic Airbox from Italian manufacturer BMC (a F1 supplier) - super lightweight, heat resistant and decreased airflow restriction.
#

Pacemaker 4/2/1 headers
#

Unique exhaust system designed by Remus Australia, including 2 x 4" 'Future' tips (machined aluminium style).

sorry for the post being so long, but that is apparently what has been done to it. Although now that it is registered, I wonder if the Motec is gone?
Old 28-05-2006, 11:55 PM   #26
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Swap?

I wonder if they'ed swap for my car?
LOL bahaha
Cheers

Simon :monkes: :
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2006, 12:22 AM   #27
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Take it easy, try to read the humour into what I have posted. I wasn't referring to the engine bay, obviously that's your focus, I on the other hand was making the "rice" comments about all that Sony gear. I know it gets many people's blood pumping, but money on that stuff IMO isn't worth it.

Do you agree that the sound and techy stuff is rice or not?

GK
I understand what you posted GK and I'm not getting my back up over your comment- that is a serious engine, no question; I have to apologise as I thought the car was a 300kw job and had no idea it was as high as it is- that would be a $40k+ engine alone so understandably (given my choice of car) it would be my focus.

I like my audio gear too- i've got a nice but subtle system in my T3 but in general context of the car would not call it "rice"- purely because the implication of what "rice" mods are to me flow on throughout the car- that doesn't. It's a very credible street car with an awesome audio install- I don't go much for the Sony gear personally (not in car anyway) and I know a lot of others don't either- but that car was built to prove a lot of things and it did.

It's a great car looking at what it has- I would be buying it over a BA XR8 of similar value in a second, no hesitation.........
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 29-05-2006, 12:29 AM   #28
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Considering it was a promo car, the whole $110k spent on it would have been tax deductible, so roughly that value, bringing it back to a more modest $60k odd, which is about what an XR8 with a few factory options went for anyway. So really, it's actually not worth any more than any other AU2 XR8 with leather and body kit, which puts it in the high teens/early 20s - certainly not $40k!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2006, 12:39 AM   #29
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

I must be on drugs- that guy should ring me because I must be the only one that would be prepared to pay more for it than any other AU XR8.......... Don't get me wrong- I wouldn't pay $40k for it either but I'd bet I'd pay a good sum more for it than a standard one with anywhere near that low km........

You guys have some strange logic in your appraisals.......
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 29-05-2006, 01:45 PM   #30
DailyDriver

I agree with jimt3te50, I would swap cars with the guy if I thought I would get a good deal. It looks great and seems like it would go as good as it looks.

As for 'rice', I always assumed that 'rice' means 'flashy car, but no go' like Hyundia excels, non-turbo Lancers, 4 cylinder cars that wanna be turboed and might look the goods but make more noise than distance.

All Go.......VXSS.....380bhp

All Show...2001 AU2 SR...210bhp...SOLD!
DailyDriver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post