Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-05-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
greenguzzler
V8 AU Fairlane

Default ABS module removal

How do you remove the abs module? I cant find my workshop manual so i am stuck. I need to remove it to send it away to be repaired! Is there another thread on this. I tried to remove the fuse box but it wont move far. Thanks Pete.

greenguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 11:50 PM   #2
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if you are talking about what i think you are it is the abs module which sits between the radiator overflow and the battery.

There is one in the pic below.

I have only pulled them off to sell have never put one back on though.

You can undo the 2 nuts on either side of it one on the fuse box side and one on the rear side at the top. These hold it into the mounting bracket. There is also a rubber bush down under it which may be catching (may require a decent tug).

Then just unplug the wire loom. And all of the brake lines to it. (Think they are 13mm. Be careful to not round them off at all.

Hope this helps
Cheers, Rhys

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 11:52 AM   #3
greenguzzler
V8 AU Fairlane

If i disconnect the brake lines wont i have to then bleed the brakes?
greenguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 04:09 PM   #4
AuV8Fairlane
Fast Lanes Inc.

Hey check to find out if they need the whole unit, some places only need the electronics module (Black plastic part) which can be separated from the hydraulic unit by undoing the connector and 6 torx screws. Have a look at absrepair.com.au/faq.htm this shows how they only need the electronics in most cases. Saves ripping out the whole thing.