Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-02-2007, 03:19 AM   #1
browndog
back to the futura

Default Cost of various mod's & insurance implications

Ive decided to slowly mod my au2 futura rather than by a newer falcon. Decision was aided by forking out $1600 on new steering rack and various other repairs. Also the big Falc' is just such a great honest ride and I reckon the controversy over styling and lower sales make the car more of a thinking man's car!

Just want an estimated cost of the following mod's:

Headers & 2 1/2 exhaust and lowering with superlows. Also are the insurance implications for these mods?

Cheers Lads

Old 10-02-2007, 09:03 AM   #2
loxxr6
XB in parts...

As far as SGIO is concerned, the Headers and exhaust will be sweet. The suspension however can't be lower than 1 and a quarter inch from standard height (plus no cut springs etc).

Cost wise, I paid about $400 installed for my springs. Exhaust and extractors + cat and tip I think I paid around a grand. This will vary depending on what brand parts you get and who you go to install it.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2007, 06:42 PM   #3
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I paid $800 all up for King SL and Boge shocks all round, $200 for 2.5" mandrel bent cat-back exhaust, plus ~$100 for twin 2.5" stainless steel tips. I can get Pacemaker 4499 headers for $450 installed. So for less than $1600 you can get all that stuff done. I shopped around and I know I got good prices, but you wouldn't want to pay more than 2k or you're being ripped off. Bear in mind I got new short throw shockies too, which you may not feel the need for immediately, but on the flip side I didn't need a camber kit, which most people do when they go to SL's. Good mods to do though, your car will look tougher and sound meaner ;)
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 02:04 AM   #4
Cooper69S

decent extractors and exhaust shouldn't cost more than $800 - $900 fitted if you keep your stock cat converter. I bought lowered king springs for just over $100/pair - on the e-series it was a simple diy job to fit them, haven't tried on the AU so can't guarantee its the same - it had the tickford setup on it so I don't see the need to change it.
I had no probs with SGIO insurance with the above mentioned mods. the AU's with Shannons and they're great... rang them the other day to say i've changed the cam, and they just said 'no probs' and added it to the policy... i think most normal insurers don't want to know about engine mods...
Cooper69S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post