Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 30-08-2005, 11:59 PM   #1
EBII4.L

Default Problem with EA Ghia Dash!!!

well this morning i went to get RWC for my EA Fairmont Ghia so i could register it to my name, my hand brake was jammed had that fixed in less then a hour, just had to grease the pot from the calipers and it was perfect no more killin my brakes while drivin. Now the only problem is my digi dash works fine but its just the speedo that seems to be dead no activity at all, i've checked all wiring which was a pain in the butt, and that little block thingy thats attached to the gear box forgetten whats it called changed it too but still not workin. Im really clueless atm any you guys know what the problem is, i urgently need help and no im not gonna buy a new cluster bcoz the car is due at VIC Roads tomorrow morning 8:30am

have any idea what it could be

Cheers

Dee

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 12:07 AM   #2
John_LS1

have you checked your speedo sender on your trans? plug may have come of/ been damaged etc
Old 31-08-2005, 12:12 AM   #3
EBII4.L

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_xr6
have you checked your speedo sender on your trans? plug may have come of/ been damaged etc
thats what its called speedo sender!!! yeah i've changed it and tested with a car battery and it works but not on my cluster still sittin on ZERO =(

thanks anyway john_xr6
Old 31-08-2005, 12:33 AM   #4
InitialD
Low and Loud

The cluster has died

I went through 2 different Digital speedo clusters before I found one that worked

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 12:38 AM   #5
EBII4.L

Quote:
Originally Posted by InitialD
The cluster has died

I went through 2 different Digital speedo clusters before I found one that worked
argh no wreckers will be open at 8am or 7am!!!!!!! Im screwed i just hope the inspector doesnt notice it =D My dash was working fine abt 3 weeks ago dunno whats happened now.

Any Other suggestions or tips guyz
Old 31-08-2005, 12:42 AM   #6
John_LS1

yeah Vic roads wont notice, they dont drive the car anyway so as long as it displays 0 when the car is on you should be alright.
Old 31-08-2005, 12:43 AM   #7
InitialD
Low and Loud

John_xr6 is right

They wont look at the car running ;) Just change it in the avo

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
Old 31-08-2005, 12:48 AM   #8
EBII4.L

Oh really sweet, i've never really noticed what those inspectors do, either im half dead or half dead make sense? Thanks for the advice john_xr6 & InitialD im less worried now, but ....... this EA ghia was repo by the police. Would VIC Roads have a full check at everything or the usual Engine No: Vin No: etcc

???
Old 31-08-2005, 05:06 PM   #9
BoZZa17
Lovin the Manual.

he didnt even look at my cluster??
when i got mine done so dont stress =)
BoZZa17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 05:07 PM   #10
BoZZa17
Lovin the Manual.

will just be vin number engine number ect
unless its a vehicle identity and validaiton check.
BoZZa17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 05:14 PM   #11
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

when i had the wagon at vic roads all the inspector did was look at the engine number, and vin number and that was it!

but we were there at like 4:30 just before close time:P so he must of rushed through mine

Build thread coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerCordia
I had two cordias but recently i sold one of them so that leaves me with one cordia which i have now but i wouldve had two if i havent sold the other one.
RUQ1KA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 05:25 PM   #12
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_ed_wagon
when i had the wagon at vic roads all the inspector did was look at the engine number, and vin number and that was it!

but we were there at like 4:30 just before close time:P so he must of rushed through mine
Thats about normal. When my car was re-rego'd he just checked the VIN and the engine number. Told me I went to too much trouble cleaning my car :

Old 31-08-2005, 06:15 PM   #13
niko
likes falcon's

i never had issues with my digi speedo did a good 40,000 odd k's with it to
Old 31-08-2005, 09:21 PM   #14
EBII4.L

Thanks guys for the advice well didnt get the Inspection today because it was cancelled because i forgotten to pay the fee LOL silly me, but then again i've booked it in for friday morning 10:45am so yeah cant wait to drive a car with rego before i was drivin it without rego risky but i like the fairmont ghia surroundings but then more bills to pay :

cheers
Old 31-08-2005, 09:37 PM   #15
V8kado
Mondeo Titanium Estate

Mate I'm going to ask you a silly question, have you tried replacing the fuse, i know some lights in the speedo area (Digital) failed in my EB Fairmont Ghia V8 and i replaced the fuse and away she went again. I'm hoping you already checked this!
V8kado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 10:26 PM   #16
EBII4.L

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8kado
Mate I'm going to ask you a silly question, have you tried replacing the fuse, i know some lights in the speedo area (Digital) failed in my EB Fairmont Ghia V8 and i replaced the fuse and away she went again. I'm hoping you already checked this!
thanks for the advice but i already checked it. the speedo shows its on zero lights and all still come up and gauges are still workin i still havent a clue wah it is thanks anyways
Old 01-09-2005, 08:47 AM   #17
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Did it just stop working or has it possibly never worked, pull the cluster apart and check all the ribbon cable connectors to the speedo LED display, possibly they are not seated right (unless you are 100% sure its never been pulled apart before of course)

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2005, 12:50 AM   #18
EBII4.L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellboy999
Did it just stop working or has it possibly never worked, pull the cluster apart and check all the ribbon cable connectors to the speedo LED display, possibly they are not seated right (unless you are 100% sure its never been pulled apart before of course)
its has been workin since the day i brought it for a $1000 and after a year or so gettin it back from police a few days after it stop workin lights gauges warning lamps works except the speedo, the KM's on it dont work. i dont really dont know so yeah if you have any other ideas very much appreciated
Old 02-09-2005, 08:26 AM   #19
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Check the plugs at the back of the cluster there are two of them, maybe they have not been put in 100% tight, the police may have had the thing in alot of bits.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2005, 02:15 AM   #20
EBII4.L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellboy999
Check the plugs at the back of the cluster there are two of them, maybe they have not been put in 100% tight, the police may have had the thing in alot of bits.
i guess i have to buy another cluster!!! i've tried everything, i pulled it out into bits and checked all wiring still a no go well thanks for the tip anyways =D

god damn police broke my car =\