Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-11-2008, 01:31 AM   #1
mrghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default ebay exhaust's

Hi I was just wondering if any of you guys have bought any of those exhausts
that people are selling on there? I am looking at getting a exhaust done on my XR6 but was just wondering if they were any good? cheers Shaun

mrghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2008, 10:18 AM   #2
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Most of them are the same off the shelf systems that you buy from exhaust shops.
Thats not to say there couldnt be any faults, but for the price you pay on ebay, its not too bad.

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2008, 10:51 AM   #3
Lynch'd

I got mine through a seller called "exhausts-online". I couldn't recommend him highly enough. The blokes name is Scott and he couldn't have been more helpful with the transaction and was on call when I needed a few pointers installing the thing.

Ceramic coated 4490's, Magnaflow high flow cat, Twin 2.5" Mercury exhaust, BPR CAI , Territory tessa pipes. :evil3:

20% Underdrives waiting to be fitted

My Build Thread
Lynch'd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #4
mrghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nice sound like the go then are they a droney at 100km
Old 27-11-2008, 12:36 PM   #5
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you get one with a rear resonator you'll be fine. Mines not an ebay one, but its the same sort of deal. Single muffler and they drone a bit too much, but with the resonator, its perfect.

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2008, 06:39 PM   #6
robjunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynch'd
I got mine through a seller called "exhausts-online". I couldn't recommend him highly enough. The blokes name is Scott and he couldn't have been more helpful with the transaction and was on call when I needed a few pointers installing the thing.
i also ordered from this guy and he was very good to deal with.i ordered a set of paceys and a high flow cat.the high flow cat came with the flanges welded on and it lined up perfect.give him a try.
robjunior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2008, 07:57 PM   #7
josh_hartman
Banned

i got an exhaust of ebay a while ago for my six and it was absolutly crap. when i changed it you couldnt even tell i had one. then i got extractors and high flow cat and sounded worse. not one person liked it except for my dad because it was so quiet and hes old lol
josh_hartman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2008, 01:18 AM   #8
mrghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

will try that bloke but have to sell my other car first. Any one want to buy A NC Fairlane V8 on gas
Old 28-11-2008, 06:36 AM   #9
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

just tried searching for exhuasts online....damn it he doesnt have anything listed currently :(

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2008, 10:40 PM   #10
Night

Got mine off ebay and was happy with it. Everything bolted up well and came with all bolts and gasket too
Night is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 12:30 PM   #11
mrghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

does sound the way to go then
Old 01-12-2008, 04:49 PM   #12
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Try this guy:

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Scotts-Rod...QQftidZ2QQtZkm
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #13
xr6bf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
just thinking of getting one off this guy, been ringing local exhaust shops they want around 600 for a cat back thought was a bit hefty or is that sound right ?
xr6bf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2008, 03:14 PM   #14
Lynch'd

I'm a little confused if its the same guy as the "Scotts Rods" listing above but Scott from "exhausts-online" just emailed me back to say he's just moved to QLD and only started relisting his systems yesterday. He said he can be contacted via email at exhaustsonline@bigpond.com if anyone wants a quote.

Ceramic coated 4490's, Magnaflow high flow cat, Twin 2.5" Mercury exhaust, BPR CAI , Territory tessa pipes. :evil3:

20% Underdrives waiting to be fitted

My Build Thread
Lynch'd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post