Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-02-2007, 12:33 AM   #1
amisupposed2b

Default Absolute Rage

Not meaning to banter. But I need to put this one out of my system...

I'm still in extreme rage right now as I write this. Its 12 and i cant sleep from anger. My neighbour, is a B***h. My mum doesn't have a licence, so she cant drive. I leave my car at home when I go to work.

My neighbour comes along when Im at work, and you know woman talk happens...

Soon after the suggestion of :

" I got an idea, lets go out in your sons car! "

Now I told my mum before, let ANYONE drive my car, but not the neighbour. She is a crappy driver. So my mum was hesitant, and said no (god bless her for trying to fight it atleast...) . But being a the neighbour being a woman (Not meaning to be sexist to all the female members :P ) is manipulative. And convinces my mum that :

" Abraham won't know, dont worry. Its just to grab some coffee and sit around for abit..."

From here on end I cut that side of the story...

8.00pm

I have arrived home from a hard day at work. I am dirty and exhausted. I look in the drive way to see my car. It looks fine... I didn't realize the truth, the night had hidden my baby's scars...

I step in the house, and my mum is staring at me with a worried face. She says and I quote :

" When is registation due for foxy? "

(foxy is the name of my car, a auI fairmont)

I realize what has happened. Right before you know it Im out the door running for foxy. I cant see the damage but I feel some things are not right at all. Scratches, dents, and something missing, and some wires sticking out. I Scream and curse of my head, I know too well now. But I still cant see my baby, So I try to hit her head lights, :

*HUH?!* why wont they turn on????

I run to get a flash light, by now I am literally crying, BAWLING MY EYES OUT to be exact. ( Hey, im still young and this is my first car, not just any car, the car I always wanted as a kid.... )

I frantically search through my tool box, and I feel it. My torch. I grab it and run back.

The damage is one of which I have seen one to many times.

Back to the first part of the story :

(This is all translation from arabic to english by the way...)

Mum : We kind of...
Me : The son of a b***h was driving it wasn't she?!
Mum : Yes, and we kind of...

*By now I have ducked out, And I come back in, I am all cursed and cryed out *

Me : She clipped my car on both sides, didn't she?
Mum : It was a small car park, she is used to small engines. She clipped the car on both sides on cement columns. Then hesitated and hit the accel, hitting the parked car infront.
Me: Mum did she run from the hit?
Mum: Yes
Me: I am going to report her now mum, not only for the damage to the other car, but for stealing mine, and then damaging it.
Mum: But she said she will pay for...
Me: Mum, I had custom m3 side mirrors, a custom front grille, and nice shiney paint. Do you really think a non-employed person can afford to just "pay it off" ?

From then on end I walk out pick up the phone I call the police, who inform me that someone had reported the issue already, then they said that the driver had a old car they didn't want and that it was not really a issue with the other car. However I still ask for contact details, and they gave me (Im sure they are not meant to.. but I said it was for insurance purposes) and I called the drive who is a nice fellow and said it was all good, and asked if my mum was ok.

Now, as for my car...
The police say there is alot of conflicting intrest in the story and will have to get settled by court.

I have spoken to my neighbour and given her a dead line of 1 week after I get quotes on the damage before I take legal action.

(And now after writing all this, I do honestly feel alot better.... Thanks alot guys!)

amisupposed2b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 12:40 AM   #2
Scott

That would **** me right off! Where are the pics?
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 12:44 AM   #3
amisupposed2b

its too dark, Ill show some on monday...
Old 18-02-2007, 12:45 AM   #4
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Buddy, i loved your story, and hope you get it sorted soon.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 12:46 AM   #5
amisupposed2b

I wish I could love it... Im really hurt, deep.
Old 18-02-2007, 12:47 AM   #6
The Monty
Just slidin'

Man. I wouldnt leave my keys at home at all if I livewd around people like that. My mums not even aloud to drive my car unless necessary, and I give her the green light, and I trust her fully. Oh yeah, ummm pics!.
Old 18-02-2007, 12:51 AM   #7
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That sucks but why give the keys to her if you don't know who will be driving?

Anyways I hope you get it all sorted out mate. I spose you are lucky in the sense that the other guy didn't care that much and let's face it that is a rare occurance.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 12:55 AM   #8
amisupposed2b

I don't leave the keys with her. I leave them on my desk. I trust that no one will do anything to foxy, everyone know she is all I have, and every cent I work for goes to her...

I feel as though I have been stabbed in the back now too!

I think thats what hurts more to be honest.
Old 18-02-2007, 01:05 AM   #9
OZFORDAU
Banned

Default Sad.....

That's terriable news mate! Id be so 9issed off at the neighbour! Pic's will be good mate!

Just as long as she pays for it and when u get it back it looks better then it did b4 then id be happy!

Good luck with it mate, and i hope u don't have togo to court about it!

Cheers,

Simon
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 01:11 AM   #10
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by amisupposed2b
I don't leave the keys with her. I leave them on my desk. I trust that no one will do anything to foxy, everyone know she is all I have, and every cent I work for goes to her...

I feel as though I have been stabbed in the back now too!

I think thats what hurts more to be honest.
Yeah I know how it hurts when people stuff around with things you have poured plenty of blood, sweat, and tears into.

What I'm more interested in is how your neighbour could comfortably drive your car knowing you haven't given explicit permission to drive it?

I know even when people tell me I can drive their cars I still don't.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 05:31 AM   #11
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Oh thats horrid ! . It's also stupid people like your neighbour that put dints and scratches on our nice cars, people like that who obviously can not drive should not have a licence, hitting 2 concrete poles then accelerating into another car is just plain stupidity.
Gl getting your money back from an unemployed person ! , i hope you get it.
Im suprised the cops didn't want her details for hitting another car and doing a runner and wreckless driving.
Darn i feel sorry for ya mate , that sux.

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 08:12 AM   #12
Tech Trainer
Are you sure about that?

That is sad to hear about. The worst part about it is that your mum who just wanted to go out for a coffee now will feel as guilty as hell. Just remember that your mum did not do the damage and channel your anger toward the person who did.

There are only two people on this planet I will let drive my XR, me and my wife. A couple of months ago she put some gutter bruises on one of my rims. She rang me to tell me about it and in the same conversation said she had the car booked in to have them fixed. I must admit I was more concerned about her than the rim.

Cars can be fixed lives can not be returned.
Tech Trainer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 09:37 AM   #13
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I think you handled the whole situation very well. Sure you got upset, we all would, but you didnt do anything stupid to the old hag next door and you made sure the police were informed (who knows, it could have been a Merc that got hit and you would have ended up in the deep end). I say well done.

Most importantly though, your mum is ok.. and hopefully aware never to get into a car with the head case next door again.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 09:56 AM   #14
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

I can understand how you feel, im so attatched to my car that my mum only had to take it down the steet without asking and i was far from impressed, you get so attached to your car, especially if your a "Car" Person.

Feel so sorry for you mate, good luck with the repairs hopefully it will come back looking better than ever.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 10:23 AM   #15
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Full marks for your mature handling of the situation. A very sad story, and one which would have enraged me to no end. But you have done everything right IMHO. I would now be seeking whatever I could against your neighbour. And would never leave the keys at home either. Good luck with it all man, I'm feeling your pain.
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 10:26 AM   #16
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
I can understand how you feel, im so attatched to my car that my mum only had to take it down the steet without asking and i was far from impressed, you get so attached to your car, especially if your a "Car" Person.
Ain't that the truth though? I get twitchy if anyone other than me is behind the wheel and I'm not in the car. Misses included. Sorry Carol... LOL
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 10:48 AM   #17
FLYXR6
Silvester

I know this sounds horrible but my wife is to scared to drive my car in case this thing happens to it while she is driving. As for letting some one else drive it, it would never happen from fear of death. I feel for you mate, you must feel violated. Shouldn't your neighbour be charged with reckless driving? I know what you mean about leaving the keys lying around, you trust your family, You shouldn't have to hide your keys in your own home, I hope Foxy is restored to her original glory..... GOOD LUCK.

I like them sleek and unnoticable, That is untill the pedal is pushed.

www.myspace.com/flyxr6 Myspace URL
www.myspace.com/slvstr01 My cars Myspace URL
FLYXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 10:52 AM   #18
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

Gee mate i feel your pain, i hope it all gets sorted and comes back even better then what it was. But one word of advice try and get the money off of the lady without going to court, my boss had this happen they went to court and the Un-employed person got asked what can you afford and it was settled on $40 per month as they said thats all they could afford and i would be PI$$ED if that was me.

Shaun

I will also enter any part of the Forum I wish to enter. :
NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 11:46 AM   #19
eXi7w0unD

Edit: Removed due to being illegal and plain stupid.

Last edited by Casper; 18-02-2007 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Removed due to being illegal and plain stupid.
eXi7w0unD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 12:09 PM   #20
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSM T
Ain't that the truth though? I get twitchy if anyone other than me is behind the wheel and I'm not in the car. Misses included. Sorry Carol... LOL
I agree NO ONE and i mean NO ONE drives my car except for my G/F even then i get abit edgy but she is a very good driver. Hope u get her all sorted out
BTW OZFORDAU why is ur name red?
Old 18-02-2007, 12:31 PM   #21
Mark One
A humorous statement

Geez. If that happened to me I'd be up for 25 years. But really horrible stuff. Thats why I'm glad my cars manual. Alot of foolish people can't drive it even if they wanted to.

S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
not using the search button makes the baby jesus cry.
Mark One is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 02:26 PM   #22
HLC
Audi S3

kill her.
Old 18-02-2007, 02:29 PM   #23
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYXR6
I know this sounds horrible but my wife is to scared to drive my car in case this thing happens to it while she is driving.
Mine the same.

You did everything right. You have cover yourself well. As our have said try to get the money out of court frist, as you might get your money faster.
Old 18-02-2007, 04:12 PM   #24
amisupposed2b

I just got back from work. The sun is up. Foxy is totaled...

The whole frame has moved foward, the body and everything. The wheels are off place, and are hitting the mud guards. the engine has slid back abit, its A K.O job.
Old 18-02-2007, 04:21 PM   #25
5L
[ 5L ]

so how fast did she drive into these cement barriers, she must of been flying.

my parents have the spare key to my car, thank god my mum cant drive manual. my dads a decent driver, and he likes driving the xr as his daily is a 2.8l hilux diesel.

shame to hear it is a write off, id go over an tell her she owes you a new car.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 04:26 PM   #26
HLC
Audi S3

ok we NEED pics.
Old 18-02-2007, 04:34 PM   #27
old fordnut
too many fords

That would royally **** me right off! I dont let anyone drive my car except for the missus. and even then I get real nervous, because she's not very good at keeping her mind on the road. you know typical female.
old fordnut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 04:39 PM   #28
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How is your Mum not to blame? Is she 12 years old? Why is she giving into peer pressure to take your car out when she knows it shouldnt go anywhere.

Mum to blame 100%.
Old 18-02-2007, 05:01 PM   #29
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Thats bad news. Thats alot of damage to do in a car park accident. I take it you haven't got any insurance.
Old 18-02-2007, 05:03 PM   #30
5L
[ 5L ]

his insurance would be for himself, not the lady nextdoor.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post