Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 13-01-2007, 04:43 PM   #1
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

Default why close the noble park thread?

well?

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
Old 13-01-2007, 04:50 PM   #2
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

wasnt cop bashing, wasnt condoning illegal activity.... why close it?

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
Old 13-01-2007, 04:51 PM   #3
protd
TUFF FORDS

because all involved are *******
Old 13-01-2007, 05:01 PM   #4
Sundeep
Banned

Yeah good one protd.

I'm with Cartz, why close it?

Noone in the thread as far as I saw was condoning any of the activities that went on. Some of us may just want to get our thoughts and opinions on what happened out in the open.

Noone was organising any trips down to Noble either.

Either way, it wasn't something I'd expect from a night down there. I just wanted to see some hot cars doing some mean skids... that's it. I didn't want to see some more guys cab get trashed, old people driving through the intersection being scared enough to accelerate through a massive crowd and then the whole looting and flares thing came out of nowhere.

Needless to say when the Police cars were ######## attacked we left very quickly. Poor bastards were just doing their job, and the cars mate, even though they were Commodores I couldn't stand to see those bottles putting dents all over 'em.

Anyways.

Sundeep
Old 13-01-2007, 05:20 PM   #5
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Judging by the news footage (ch 10), it appeared more like a backlash against "Blockbuster Video". This I can understand.......their late fees are rediculous

Old 13-01-2007, 05:30 PM   #6
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Problem is it wasn't the car enthusiats that wrecked it, it was all the little 16yo muzza's who came down and started causing trouble.

Half those guys starting all that crap probably didnt even own cars, they were just trying to be heroes. Thats why this stuffs better off left to industrial areas not a local hang out for derro's....
Old 13-01-2007, 05:48 PM   #7
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Sad day for Melbourne.

EDIT: After typing noble park into pootube, I found a HEAP of videos of burnouts, etc at Noble Park. Some are pretty mad!
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Old 13-01-2007, 05:56 PM   #8
galapogos01
eec tweaker

wtf? i cant find anything about this on any news sites.

anyone want to say what happened?
Old 13-01-2007, 05:57 PM   #9
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

A pack of ***** wits, it's **** like this that causes the cops and general public to think that everyone with a nice modded car is an idiot.

Hanging around 1 spot constantly allways ends up with trouble, the hanger on types will always find where the good cars are and wreck it.

If you enjoy your car, drive it

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
Old 13-01-2007, 06:02 PM   #10
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by galapogos01
wtf? i cant find anything about this on any news sites.

anyone want to say what happened?
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...rom=public_rss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RfOVTJfEc4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzROwV1ll_0
Old 13-01-2007, 06:10 PM   #11
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Re: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzROwV1ll_0

"Comments & Responses Post a video response
Post a text comment

deviouslebo (3 hours ago)
watch the news 2nit its gona be on for sure, pigs got out numberd bout time fukin pigs"

^ That is the reason the lebanese are labelled the way they are, because of idiotic ones like that. They give us all a bad name.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Old 13-01-2007, 06:11 PM   #12
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dose
I just wanted to see some hot cars doing some mean skids... that's it. .

Sundeep
Calder was on last night, and there were hot cars there doing some mean skids. Not a bunch of beat to crap VN's and a heap of idiots being exactly that
Old 13-01-2007, 06:17 PM   #13
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

the problem started when the cops left at 1:00am. before that they had the street under control. as soon as they left for 5 mins, the crowd took control of the street. i dont know about anyone else that went, but when all the bottles and the flare started to be thrown into groups of people, i was a bit nervous!!

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
Old 13-01-2007, 06:55 PM   #14
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthofan
the problem started when the cops left at 1:00am. before that they had the street under control. as soon as they left for 5 mins, the crowd took control of the street. i dont know about anyone else that went, but when all the bottles and the flare started to be thrown into groups of people, i was a bit nervous!!
then you should have left

Old 13-01-2007, 07:08 PM   #15
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

very sad day for melbourne, i was working at the time in Wheelers Hill, a few suburbs over, i'm so close to noble park, i will never go driving in the area evvvvvvvver again. just hope no-one from here was involved.
Old 13-01-2007, 07:17 PM   #16
rodderz

Have a look at these stupid idiots...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RfOVTJfEc4

At least it's more ammo for the cops to catch the little turds, some of which are replying to what they did with a username of where there are from. Says a lot for the parents doesnt it...
Old 13-01-2007, 07:21 PM   #17
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Im with rodderz, Calder Park is the place to go if you wanna be a ****ing hero and hang skids. This behaviour on public roads is whats making it so damn hard for us enthusiasts to modify our rides. I dont care who i upset in saying "DOING BURNOUTS IN A PUBLIC PLACE WITH BYSTANDERS SO CLOSE IS ONLY AN ACT OF A COCKHEAD"
Old 13-01-2007, 07:24 PM   #18
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

It's all good and well to say 'do it at calder' .. but when it comes to .. is it worth paying the $40 or $60 to have a few runs on the track, or burnout comp... you'd choose the street because it's free?

What would be ideal is the government puts some tax paying money into paying for calder "free entry" or "lower cost entry"? but they'll rather spend it on useless ad campaigns for drink driving and 'every K over is a killer'

oh well
Old 13-01-2007, 07:27 PM   #19
WINDSR
Genuine V8

Does anyone know what started all this?

WINDSR plates for sale. (VIC) PM if interested.
Old 13-01-2007, 07:28 PM   #20
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
It's all good and well to say 'do it at calder' .. but when it comes to .. is it worth paying the $40 or $60 to have a few runs on the track, or burnout comp... you'd choose the street because it's free?

That sort of mentality is the root of the problem

It's ILLEGAL and DANGEROUS

Old 13-01-2007, 07:28 PM   #21
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Noble Park was a disgrace, as are all involved.. Nuff said.

Last edited by ORSM T; 13-01-2007 at 07:39 PM.
Old 13-01-2007, 07:29 PM   #22
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINDSR
Does anyone know what started all this?
Alcohol.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
Old 13-01-2007, 07:29 PM   #23
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

in Mackay we've got the mtordome, $5 to enter burnout comps on Thursday nights, its all safe, legal and they give out prizes.
Old 13-01-2007, 07:30 PM   #24
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02

What would be ideal is the government puts some tax paying money into paying for calder "free entry" or "lower cost entry"? but they'll rather spend it on useless ad campaigns for drink driving and 'every K over is a killer'

oh well
So whats cheaper: Afew runs at Calder or paying to get your car back off the cops ? Thought so. Someone please close this thread. Its going absolutely nowhere.
Old 13-01-2007, 07:32 PM   #25
Kil4Collingwood

The streets are a hell of alot more expensive if you get caught but!
Old 13-01-2007, 07:32 PM   #26
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
That sort of mentality is the root of the problem

It's ILLEGAL and DANGEROUS
Yeah, that's what everyone say's about drugs... but people still do it.

Not EVERYONE can afford ... or even think it's worth the $40 or $60 to enter in a few runs.. calder gets pretty packed..

I'm not supporting what the people did, but I am just stating that I reckon if calder was free for one night, and it was announced, every man and his dog will be there . Although minority will probably be like "If it's free, there's going to be too many people" ... there's already a bit of a line at calder anyway.

Hey, I'd always be willing to pay the $$ to enter, just a lot of people think otherwise...
Old 13-01-2007, 07:33 PM   #27
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandpaCarsRule
The streets are a hell of alot more expensive if you get caught but!

but what?
Old 13-01-2007, 07:34 PM   #28
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAadam
So whats cheaper: Afew runs at Calder or paying to get your car back off the cops ? Thought so. Someone please close this thread. Its going absolutely nowhere.
The only ones who get caught are the ones who show off... also the unlucky ones of course..

I hear and see a lot of wheel spinning every day, but nothing happens. ie, impound!

Obviously you'd be unlucky person to get caught.
Old 13-01-2007, 07:36 PM   #29
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

I honestly think $40-$60 is a bargain to test your car in a safe, controlled environment where you get results of exactly how well you perform. Not to mention if you have a car thats worth racing i cant see $40-$60 being a huge expense.
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
Old 13-01-2007, 07:37 PM   #30
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

How far is Calder Park from Noble Park?

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Closed Thread