Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-04-2007, 12:58 AM   #1
StevenAu2
Irregular Member

Default Window Stuck Down

Help lol,i was driving home from work tonight at midnight and put my windows down abit.Then i noticed my drivers side electric window button wouldnt raise up the pass window.I reached over and the pass side button wont raise the window either so now im stuck with the pass window 3/4 of way down.
So tmrow(well today actually) il take the door trim off and is there a way to manually raise it back up? I suspect the power window regulator is buggered and i flicked through the manual and it doesnt look like a fun job to replace.
Anyone else had the same problem?

StevenAu2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2007, 05:59 AM   #2
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

deos it sound like the motor is still working? maybe just some graphite powder or silicon spray on the guides will fix the problem? also possibly clean the contacts in the switches? dont know if you have already tried those options, im just trying to save you from having to pull the door card off and replace the regulator. otherwise good luck.

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2007, 08:01 AM   #3
StevenAu2
Irregular Member

Yep motor still works fine going down just nothing to go up on the pass side.Ive done the lube on the guides ages ago and thats never played up since.
Should be fun driving around with 1 window 3/4's down.Cars know how to really P!$$ me off sometimes.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:04 AM   #4
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Motor still working most likely = switch problem. So it's fully dead when you flick "up"? If the motor is still trying when you switch up then that means the switch is fine and that you'll have to have a crack at the doorskin & look at the guides/regs as au2sw has mentioned.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2007, 09:06 AM   #5
StevenAu2
Irregular Member

Thats right,motor works down but not a sound when you try to go back up.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:13 AM   #6
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Flick the switch up and down for a while and it will go back up. It's meant to be 31 times to reset it but it seems to differ sometimes. Just when it starts to go up, let it keep going obviously, but it should fix it for a while anyway. Then I'd suggest cleaning your switches out and cleaning all the contacts, especially if you haven't done it before.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2007, 09:29 AM   #7
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...indow+tutorial

switches for sure

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2007, 09:49 AM   #8
StevenAu2
Irregular Member

Hey guys thanks,when i took the pass side switch out the contacts were abit off color,and i have nevber cleaned them before,rubbed them up(ok that sounds bad) with some sand paper and IT WORKS AGAIN!!!!
I didnt think that could possibly stop them from working but it did.
So thanks again!!!
Old 03-04-2007, 02:54 PM   #9
XR8AU2121

Thanks from me also. The passenger window switch has only worked on "down" for the last 2 years. Had to put up from the drivers side. Just uncliped the switch, a bit of sandpaper and bingo all fine. I hate to think what a dealer would have charged. Probably would have just fitted a new switch.
XR8AU2121 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post