Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-04-2007, 06:42 PM   #1
EDXR6T

Default HD valve springs.

Hi all

Just wondering what a good set of HD valve springs is going to set me back for a AU 6?

And where would be the best place to get them, will Repco or Burson be able to get them for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2007, 08:08 PM   #2
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

What would you want these for, got some mods coming? : : :
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2007, 08:59 PM   #3
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Go with the springs your cam grinder recomends! Crow would be a good start for cams and springs.

look here http://www.crowcams.com.au/templates...A-AU-OHC.shtml
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2007, 09:47 PM   #4
JoesAu

the springs i have are used on saloon cars and will run anycam you can throw at em, they are double springs straight shaped not conical like standard ones. A forum member supplied them for me.
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2007, 09:58 PM   #5
EDXR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
What would you want these for, got some mods coming? : : :
I need 12 new paperweights.;)

Well Im going to be running a DEV 3hl cam, what would you recomend.

And while we are at it whats a venier gear going to cost me.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:59 PM   #6
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i might be wrong, but if you want the stiffest crow springs you have to do some modification to the head for them to fit. (what i have been told). not that i am a fan of JMM, but they supposedly have some good AU valve springs... something i might be looking into soon
Old 09-04-2007, 10:05 PM   #7
JoesAu

yeah my head has been fully done, theres something different on my head as well my valves needed machining to fit the valve springs im sure, i just got a Vernier gear yet to fit it i got it for 160.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:22 PM   #8
EDXR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesAu
yeah my head has been fully done, theres something different on my head as well my valves needed machining to fit the valve springs im sure, i just got a Vernier gear yet to fit it i got it for 160.
What exactly need's to be machined on the valves??

Plus where did you buy your Vernier gear from joe?

I would prefere not to get a set of spring that JJM have there name on as I recon there price would be exploded to somthing I wouldent pay.

Il give them a call and see what they can let a set go for.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:29 PM   #9
JoesAu

i think the tops of the valves where machined down a little, i think they were around the $175 mark but its fitting which costs hundreds cos its all labour. I got my vernier of a foum member also.
See you'll ring JMM and they come up with a different theory on their product and why its so good bla bla etc
Old 09-04-2007, 10:34 PM   #10
JoesAu

The JMM springs are 30 buks each by there website which equalls $360 for the set of 12 lol, then you problly need there Au retainers which are $135 so your looking at 5hundgy already, plus 300 for fitment plus vernier 180 your looking at close to a 1000 buks
Old 09-04-2007, 10:38 PM   #11
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i already have a vernier wheel... and fitment can go jump. ummm, retainers... i'll check that out...