Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-02-2007, 11:05 AM   #1
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

Question wagon rear doors

hi everyone,
i am looking at upgrading my forte wagon rear doors to electic windows. having talked to a local wrecker it seems this may be a harder task then i first thought. what i need to do is at least get a lhr door as the current one has a big scratch and dent in it, but im wondering if wagon doors are similar to fairlane doors. i know they arent the same as sedan doors, but since the fairlane and wagon are both lwb vehicles, perhaps the doors are the same? if so i may be able to source both rear doors with power windows. my other option is to simply replace the lhr door then fit power regulators and go from there. the other question i have which is more important i guess is, will the wiring for the power windows be in the wagon doors or pillers, or not?
thanx for any help you can offer
col

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2007, 01:41 PM   #2
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

can anyone help me? or point me in the right direction?

Quote:
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
Old 27-02-2007, 11:05 PM   #3
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

can nobody help me?!!! i would relly love to get power windows in my wagon, but im finding it hard to source wagon power window doors.

Quote:
Old 27-02-2007, 11:15 PM   #4
chief
FTF Club Moderator

I didn't see this thread have been in Melbourne for a the past 4 days.

I have done the conversion in my wagon.

*The door trims are the same from SWB to LWB. I have Fairmont Ghia door trims in my car.
*The wiring will not be there. You will have to get wire, wire the switches then run the wire to the front so the driver can control the rears. The hardest part is wiring up the drivers door electric switch. The pins from the standard electic switch to the 4 way electric switch is different. The reason being is for the little lights inside the switches.

You will need:
the 4 way drivers door electric switch from any AU.
rear power window switches, again from any AU
rear electric window winders, from any AU
the wirinf to go with the rear power window switches (you need the connector, not so much the wiring but it helps) again from any AU.

Once you have that speak to Stav (Stingray Car security). He did my conversion and works like a charm.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2007, 07:48 PM   #5
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

thanx for that, much appreciated.

Quote: