Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-02-2007, 09:15 PM   #1
captain
Starter Motor

Default Door lock

I have a AUIII where the rear passenger door will not lock. From reading like problems it seems I will need to replace the actuator (BA superseded model) as it blurrs away unable to lock the door. Any cheap Melb suppliers?
I have removed the panel and the 3 lock screws but still unable to remove the actuator in order to try and bench test and check why it appears stuck? The actuator appears to be held firm, unable to get a good look into the door does any one know what silly thing I may have missed?

Great reading the responses!

Last edited by captain; 26-02-2007 at 09:17 PM. Reason: got nothing to do with starter motor
captain is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2007, 07:40 AM   #2
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

There is 2 white plastic clips joined up to the actuators loom (wiring) that are clipped onto the inside door panel just under the actuator, they might be holding it in there still. Apart from that and the 3 screws , also be sure to unclip the wire bar from the actuator that connects to the outer door handle. Thats about all that holds them in. gl

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2007, 09:49 AM   #3
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Oh actually, with the rear doors you might also have to disconnect or remove the child safety locks ? , they might be/probably are connected to the actuator. I'm not sure though as i haven't removed a rear door actuator. Cheers.

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2007, 08:50 PM   #4
captain
Starter Motor

Thanks for that, it maybe the child lock. I 'II have a go shortly. Thanks heaps.
Damn door!

Read about the actuctor repair I maybe in for a similar treat.
captain is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post