Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 19-05-2006, 11:51 AM   #1
niko
likes falcon's

Default carsguide writeup on eb's page 38

write up on EB's, mentions the ea also

headgasket blowers (due to poor head design) what about the crappy compound gaskets? :P , crappy suspension (maintanence bias) and a car that is prone to cancer...auto's also prone to needing full rebuilds, tranny services seem to do the trick for taxi;s! :P

Old 19-05-2006, 12:29 PM   #2
EFFalcon
Last warning

uninformed ppl
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 12:30 PM   #3
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Correct me if I'm wrong but Graeme Smith is holden biased isn't he?

(He's the main carsguide journo right?)
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 12:48 PM   #4
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

What a crap review, my car has never had any of those problems, he is very holden biased, not hard to tell.
Old 19-05-2006, 01:02 PM   #5
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

what a load of rubbish, only scoring 55 out of 100. well for starters, airbags were not even around then, i have only seen major rust in bombs at pick a part. if anything the age of the eb is just getting better, with more parts available cheap, it doesnt cost much to get anything reapired.
and he really has to get off the holden band wagon

i personally think the ea but mainly the eb/eb2, made ford what it is today, most people i talk too say the eb series 2 was the best falcon brought out, with body design, handling, parts etc, and just basically a well built car. and i would say the same thing if i followed holdens

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 01:03 PM   #6
LTDHO
The one and only

If several people wrote in stating his points are not accurate then something will be done.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 01:13 PM   #7
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

for an un biased opion read THIS
http://www.mynrma.com.au/falcon-eb-gli_fordfalceb.asp

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 01:38 PM   #8
Simmo
White Lightning

also written when the car was new so it holds less water then the carsguide article even if it was writtin by a biased journo. well to me at least. as much as i dont like his review, you cant compare it to one done 14 years ago.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 02:37 PM   #9
Dezza
Parts bin special

They are as biased as they come. The review was very harsh, particularily since when the VN was reviewed probably about a month ago, they ignored a lot of the problems that the VN has eg. poor quality paint, fading taillights, and difficulty in replacing minor parts like thermostats etc. because they put a FWD engine in a RWD car.

They talk about the EB coming towards the end of it's life, but the Falcon 6 can manage a hell of a lot of kays. An EB 6 can be capable of well over 500,000 kms. Of course in the VN article, there was no mention that the VN is also approaching the end of it's life. Rust is not a major problem in the e-series. You can get a bit around the front and rear guards, and a little bit along the edges of the roof, but rust is still fairly rare across the e-series range.

No mention that the EBII is a great car, a far better car than an EBI (which is still an excellent car). My parents bought their EBII wagon brand new in 1993. They have done 230,000 kms since and the only problems have been a burnt out clutch (it's a manual), a snapped fan belt and a few minor things like blown globes and a wheel bearing. It has never done a head gasket in it's life, and still runs beautifully.

My EAII which has done just as many kms has never done a head gasket either. While I have had some problems with my power steering (it needs a new rack), climate control, and power windows, it has never broken down on me. The engine still runs great. The transmission is worn out, and may be dying, but it still keeps going. I was expecting it to die over a year ago.

If someone asked me if I had any regrets for buying my EAII, I'd say No. It's been a good car, even if it has had a bit more trouble than my parents EBII. The EB is great value for money with a huge supply of spare parts at good prices. It definately deserves more than 55/100

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 02:44 PM   #10
EABoost
Starter Motor

What a crap article.. whos this writter?? i have a big gun

sounds to me like hes on the holden payroll *wink**wink*

couldnt agree more with u dezza my ea still going strong only major issue was becoz a mechanic fuc.... stuffed up.

this journo can goto hell..

anyone know if we can write in to carsguide with a protest
Old 19-05-2006, 02:48 PM   #11
Simmo
White Lightning

yeh mate, feel free to drop newscorp an email...
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 03:09 PM   #12
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

After reading the review on the NRMA site i moved on and read the review of the BF XR6 6 speed auto. And i quote:

"The BF’s suspension is as per BA, lowered and tuned by Tickford for the XR. Tyres on the XR6 are 235/45 Dunlop SP Sports."

LITTLE OFF THE MARK THERE, FELLAS.

Click to read - under the 'Handling and steering' section down the page...
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 03:11 PM   #13
niko
likes falcon's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_silver_ghia
An EB 6 can be capable of well over 500,000 kms.

most falcons are....lol

i still love this quote from a taxi driver once, "this ba is bull auto needs to be looked at 350k, my au auto 600,000km bfor even thinking of opening it up"
Old 19-05-2006, 03:27 PM   #14
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by EABoost
couldnt agree more with u dezza my ea still going strong only major issue was becoz a mechanic fuc.... stuffed up.
Well, I did have another problem after a mechanic stuffed up with my car. A couple of years ago, I had a wheel alignment done. Well, imagine my suprise when on the drive home, I felt the front right of the car drop down, and I see a turboblade crossing the road. The mechanic hadn't done the wheelnuts up!

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post