Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 26-12-2006, 04:05 PM   #1
xrobx
Slammin'

Default Interior Ideas

Right, well for a project I'm re-doing my EBII interior.

I'd like some opinions on good colours that go well together. I was originally going to just spray the plastics and vinyl all black, but I can already imagine how crap it would look. So what other colours would match Black well?

The car is metallic green.

Even pictures and more inspiration are welcome.

www.bseries.com.au/xrobx
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2006, 04:08 PM   #2
crannersEL
Banned

Black and White combined always looks good, you can then incorporate these colours in the door trims and carpet if you like!
crannersEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2006, 04:11 PM   #3
xrobx
Slammin'

Cheers for reply. I just thought maybe white door trims with black around the handles... or visa versa?

Or only black on the carpets, and the seats, dash, trim, etc all white?

Does anyone have any pictures of good examples?

www.bseries.com.au/xrobx
Old 26-12-2006, 04:19 PM   #4
crannersEL
Banned

There is a member who has done what i mentioned in the above post, ill try and track down some pics for you :-)
crannersEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2006, 04:25 PM   #5
xrobx
Slammin'

Would be appreciated ALOT thanks mate

www.bseries.com.au/xrobx
Old 26-12-2006, 04:34 PM   #6
xrobx
Slammin'

Looking at the FPV site, I got some inspiration from the Force series Falcon....

How would that go in an EB? Possible? (Obviously I'm talking about the colour scheme =P)

www.bseries.com.au/xrobx
Old 26-12-2006, 05:49 PM   #7
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Get some EBII Ghia leather seats and somehow dye them red, swap the woodgrain spears in the doors for brushed aluminium-look ones, dye the doorskins charcoal, paint your dash black and giggidy giggidy goo you've got a Force-EB interior!
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2006, 06:17 PM   #8
xrobx
Slammin'

Cheers for that. Would it be easier to just re-trim my current XR seats red leather? (I like the shape of the XR seats, they are really comfortable), rather than buy Ghia seats and dying (which I have no idea on how to do)..

The woodgrain spears? I don't have woodgrain. The car is an XR6. What sort of mods could be applied to the doors? Aluminium door handles or something?

Can the door skins be sprayed with vinyl paint? Or is dying easier and a better finish?

Also, would re-skinning the dash be better than painting (wear and tear of paint, etc)...

Sorry about the questions, but I need to get as much information and ideas as possible hehe.

Thanks again!

www.bseries.com.au/xrobx
Old 26-12-2006, 06:25 PM   #9
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

might give some inspiration or ideas!

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2006, 06:32 PM   #10
xrobx
Slammin'

Very tidy clean, I like it.

Did you remove the center piece all together, or just go over it with carpet? Got any shots further back? I'd like to see what happened with the aircon ducts. :P Because under the center console is the passage for the rear ducts.... did you just take these out all together?

I like the custom console areas with the screen and head. Did you make them yourself? How much roughly if you bought them? You had no problems taking away the air vents?

All the questions... heh, I'm very curious.

www.bseries.com.au/xrobx
Old 26-12-2006, 06:41 PM   #11
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob-xr6
Very tidy clean, I like it.

Did you remove the center piece all together, or just go over it with carpet? Got any shots further back? I'd like to see what happened with the aircon ducts. :P Because under the center console is the passage for the rear ducts.... did you just take these out all together?

I like the custom console areas with the screen and head. Did you make them yourself? How much roughly if you bought them? You had no problems taking away the air vents?

All the questions... heh, I'm very curious.

the centre console is gone alltogether, the vents are built into the console so yeah they are gone, yeah i made the fibreglass screen and head unit inserts, taking away the air vent i found not so much of a problem, just used used a bit of pipe to join the outer ones back on! simple.

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.

Old 26-12-2006, 06:44 PM   #12
xrobx
Slammin'

The bottom air vents? Were they all connected back to the ones on the right and left?

www.bseries.com.au/xrobx
Old 26-12-2006, 06:52 PM   #13
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Quote:
The bottom air vents? Were they all connected back to the ones on the right and left?

all the ones at the top are all connected, and the bottom are seprate. the rear passanger ones are gone and blow onto front floor now.

Old 26-12-2006, 06:55 PM   #14
xrobx
Slammin'

Ah nice. You don't miss the center console do you? I like the idea, and never really used the center console apart from an arm rest. It makes the car look more spacious I think.

Thanks for the ideas. More welcome.

www.bseries.com.au/xrobx
Old 26-12-2006, 06:58 PM   #15
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Quote:
Ah nice. You don't miss the center console do you? I like the idea, and never really used the center console apart from an arm rest. It makes the car look more spacious I think.

Thanks for the ideas. More welcome.

I never use the centre console, my phone sit well you can see it in the pic! and my keys are in the ignition and my wallet sit in the glove box what else do i need? haha.
i allways wanted to do front seats in the back!!!

Old 26-12-2006, 08:09 PM   #16
Sick EB
ORSM Ford Cruisers

i have sprayed my guage plastic and the cd surround silver. i dont have a digital camera to show you but i think it looks pritty good. it does not look cheap or crap if you take your time. it was only a 'spray can mod' but i recon it looks good imo.

1993 EB2 Gli---->Build Thread
2008 FG XR8 SEDAN 300RWKW N/A

2008 FG XR6 TURBO-UTE>>> SOLD
2002 AU3 XLS UTE>>>SOLD
Sick EB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 01:05 AM   #17
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

just some more inspiration for ya!

i dyed the seats with VHT colour dye, sprays on. very possible to dye your seats red, my mate did his seats red and black and its come up good. only thing you'll notice is that the seats feel a bit different. if you have the money get them re trimmed.

once again dyed.

all dyed again! i'd suggest getting everything re trimmed, covered in some material or re skinned etc for wear and tear.

custom parcel shelf out of wood.

hope this helps mate.
Old 27-12-2006, 10:28 AM   #18
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Cheers for that. Would it be easier to just re-trim my current XR seats red leather? (I like the shape of the XR seats, they are really comfortable), rather than buy Ghia seats and dying (which I have no idea on how to do)..
I dunno about retrimming, retrimming generally = $x,000... But don't take my word on dyeing either, I'd talk to Grechie (he dyed his leather seats black so he'd have an idea of how to go about it).

Braden's front and rear seats appear to be cloth. You can get front buckets the same but in full leather (EBII Ghia) or leather bolsters/velour centre (EBI Ghia), both with the doughnut-style headrest. Same goes with the rear seat.

Quote:
The woodgrain spears? I don't have woodgrain. The car is an XR6. What sort of mods could be applied to the doors? Aluminium door handles or something?
EBII/ED Ghia and Fairlane doortrims have woodgrain in them ;) For you, you'd need to simply remove your doortrims, fit the luxo-spec ones, and punch some holes in them for your Armstrong-spec winders. If you want some different door handles, take a look at EA2BA's handiwork (BA handles, EF-EL doorskins, EA car). And others here have fitted EF-EL interiors into their EA-ED cars.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 10:32 AM   #19
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:

The woodgrain spears? I don't have woodgrain. The car is an XR6.
PLEB!!!!!!...lol
:

The above cars are really good examples. Whatever you do keep the colours normal. I did my EA plastic bit Ford Blue, it was cool for the first month or too then I got over it.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 03:40 PM   #20
xrobx
Slammin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
just some more inspiration for ya!

all dyed again! i'd suggest getting everything re trimmed, covered in some material or re skinned etc for wear and tear.

hope this helps mate.
Thanks dude. Dash looks schmick as! Did you just use Vinyl Paint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poyal
Whatever you do keep the colours normal. I did my EA plastic bit Ford Blue, it was cool for the first month or too then I got over it.
I was thinking a dash similar to Bradens, remove the center console, do something with the doors, and red leather seats? Would the red leather kill it? I'm trying to achieve a Force Falcon look (posted above).

Thanks to all the info and inspiration much appreciated.

www.bseries.com.au/xrobx
Old 27-12-2006, 03:47 PM   #21
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

You might want to price up how much changing your seats to red will cost first, as I am tipping it will be a lot. Its one thing to make something black, but grey doesn't turn into red easily.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 04:05 PM   #22
xrobx
Slammin'

I'm getting them re-trimmed leather (or a cheaper alternative). I was originally going for Black trim. Would Red actually cost more?

www.bseries.com.au/xrobx
Old 27-12-2006, 05:54 PM   #23
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6

Off topic, but Braden, you have a very similar gearknob to what I have, except I have a strip of black vinyl on the top half

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 06:36 PM   #24
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crannersEL
Black and White combined always looks good
I agree. Especially on this car.
70ASTER's AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 09:51 PM   #25
xrobx
Slammin'

Bloody nice interior. Now I'm having troubles on what to decide on.

I fear black and white would only look effective with a white/black car. Mine is green, the colours would clash too much do you think?

www.bseries.com.au/xrobx
Old 27-12-2006, 11:22 PM   #26
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

holy crap that interior is awesome!! rob i agree that black and white would clash on a green car. i might add that red will too. i'd be having black as the main colour but just need to figure out what colour to go with it. green might look weird against black. what green is your car?
heres a pallete:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_silver_ghia
Off topic, but Braden, you have a very similar gearknob to what I have, except I have a strip of black vinyl on the top half
haha yeah i got mine from autobarn from a gift voucher, $40. its chrome all over and around the top is like mesh, so it looks like a microphone!! then the very top has a circle and its got like a checker pattern in it. now i cant get the blo0dy screw on bottom part off, its stuck and i need to take it off so i can chop the gearstick down some!!!
Old 28-12-2006, 02:30 PM   #27
xrobx
Slammin'

Not sure on the colour name, but here are some pictures of her.

Exterior (Poor quality Image sorry.... and damn, needs to be lowered) - http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6238/dsc00198vu1.jpg

Interior - http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/7576/img4351mx9.jpg

www.bseries.com.au/xrobx
Old 28-12-2006, 02:47 PM   #28
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Keep it stock

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2006, 03:27 PM   #29
xrobx
Slammin'

Not an option... =P It's for a school project, obligated to do the interior, plus, I want to.

www.bseries.com.au/xrobx
Old 28-12-2006, 04:53 PM   #30
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

stock interiors are boring. get a EB GT boot cover too mate.