Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 28-03-2006, 01:14 AM   #1
TheED94

Default ED fanbelt

hey, my ed 6 has developed an annoying squeak sometimes when a bit cold, would changing the belts stop this? there are 3 belts, i dont know which ones are squeaking so im just gonna change them all ahaha.

How do i get the power steering belt off, then the alternator belt off??
do u tighten or loosen the bolt on the tensioner pully to adjust tension and it sorta winds up that little cog behind it to make it tighter or looser. or do u have to take the bolt off or what? the alternator belt is just a slide bolt thing and u gotta pull it tight dont ya?

a little help would be apprectiated as the noise is starting to get to me and i would like to do it my self, ive only ever changed the belts on an xf and im not too sure what to loosen or tighten to do the job on the ed

thanks, lol basically i just need a procedure how to do it, any help appreciated

TheED94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2006, 01:30 AM   #2
-jjM-
Banned

when u start up you car dose it strieght away squeak, mine turned out to be alternator, u have to loosen it abit and readjust it, fiddle around with it until its light but not like super dooper tight
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2006, 01:36 AM   #3
Damo
Banned

you need a 13 and 24 mm spanner. The P/s belt comes loose when you loosen the big nut on the idler pulley (24mm) then you use the 13 on the smaller bit when you put it back on to tenion it. The alternater/waterpump/fan belt is the opposite, loosen off the 13mm nut a touch and use the teeth to pull the alternater up so the belt is loose, do the opposite to re-install. The a/c belt is same deal as the p/s belt, i hope that made sence.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2006, 01:47 AM   #4
TheED94

so can the p/s belt be tightened up just by tightening the bolt on the tensioner thats it?
TheED94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2006, 11:48 AM   #5
TURBO_GHIA
hmmm boost

nope you need the 13mm bolt to tention it and the 24mm to tighten
TUNED BY JEM
TURBO_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post