Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-04-2006, 11:50 AM   #1
Dezza
Parts bin special

Default Possessed aircon.

Well, for most of the summer I thought my aircon needed regassing, until recently on a hot day I tried the aircon... and it worked! The air was cool. This has now happened a couple of times, but most of the time the air has been warm, so I'm thinking that some sort of temperature controller is the problem, as the climate control doesn't seem to be very consistent with its temperatures. I'm wondering if anyone have had similar problems and whether they have any ideas.

BTW. I did a diagnostic test, and it didn't come up with any error codes.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 12:14 PM   #2
TUFED6
Banned

I'd get some holy water, a cross and chant "the power of christ compels you" before turning it on.

Seemed to work in the movies...

- John
TUFED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 12:18 PM   #3
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Hey mate, next time I'm up your way, I'll send a PM. I've got my old CC unit sitting in the cellar and it ran 100% perfect before I swapped it for a black EBII unit.

You can test that out, and if it turns out that your CC unit is bung, you can keep mine. (But if the problem persists, I'll take mine back :P)

The sunlight sensor (or whatever it is), which is a little opaque bulb that sits in the middle of the top/front of the dash at the base of the windscreen, between the driver's side and passenger's side airvents, might not be operating properly. This may cause issues with the CC. It usually is an issue if you have a dashmat which covers this sensor. A cheap fix would be to cut a little hole out of your dashmat (if you have one) so that sunlight/radiant heat can reach this sensor.

Cheers matey
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 12:33 PM   #4
LTDHO
The one and only

You could have a blockage.
Have a look at the AC pipes in the engine bay, see if any are excessive hot or cold.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 12:59 PM   #5
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
The sunlight sensor (or whatever it is), which is a little opaque bulb that sits in the middle of the top/front of the dash at the base of the windscreen, between the driver's side and passenger's side airvents, might not be operating properly. This may cause issues with the CC. It usually is an issue if you have a dashmat which covers this sensor. A cheap fix would be to cut a little hole out of your dashmat (if you have one) so that sunlight/radiant heat can reach this sensor.
That may be the problem. I'll cut a hole in the dashmat later, see if that's the problem. Then I'll need some hot weather to test it! If none of these methods work, I might have to try your old climate control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
You could have a blockage.
Have a look at the AC pipes in the engine bay, see if any are excessive hot or cold.
. Where abouts do the AC pipes run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUFED6
I'd get some holy water, a cross and chant "the power of christ compels you" before turning it on.

Seemed to work in the movies...
LOL

Cheers

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
Old 04-04-2006, 10:12 AM   #6
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_silver_ghia
. Where abouts do the AC pipes run?
Trace from the AC itself, and/or the condenser.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:14 PM   #7
Dezza
Parts bin special

Well. Since today is fairly warm, it was a good chance to see if the dashmat covering the sensor was the problem. I took off the dashmat, and the air was the coldest it's been for some time! That may have been the problem. I guess time will tell. Thanks Dave!

Old 04-04-2006, 06:34 PM   #8
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

No probs :

Just repeat this on some other warm days to see if its a constant thing. Also, on warmish nights try the same thing.