Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #1
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU Prices

Was just having a sticky over at car sales and I'm starting to see BA XR8's now coming onto the market cheaper than a lot of AU XR8. Ex lease for sure, but if anything, I would have thought with the AU being as heavily criticised as it was/is and the BA being the opposite, I find the pricing comparasin an interesting one. Maybe there is more value than we thought. Although I think that the AU's I looked at were low K's where as the BA's were all High.

Did find a very nice looking S3 AU with the 220 in Monsoon. Only 14,000 on the clock, but priced a tad high at $28,000

Actually, there were a few nice AU XR's there. Only search on XR8's. Cheapest AU2 XR8 i found was $14,000. 140,000 only the clock. Still taking a hit.

Anyway, some pointless info for ya all. :

Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 08:06 PM   #2
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Could it be that there were more BA xr8's made making the resale price of them drop?

I dont know if its right but im guessing?

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 08:15 PM   #3
5L
[ 5L ]

i picked up my series 2 220 xr8 with premo sound, and leather for $15750 with 86,000km on the clock. i am hoping that the au xr series holds its value as well as the ef/el xr's.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 08:19 PM   #4
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Keep in mind though that the advertised price is rarely the sales price, particularly with private sales. Alot of private sellers set an unrealistic value, and eventually plunge months later!
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 08:25 PM   #5
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$15,750 is a great price. Especially a 220 with leather and premium sound.
Old 17-03-2007, 08:32 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Did find a very nice looking S3 AU with the 220 in Monsoon. Only 14,000 on the clock, but priced a tad high at $28,000
Buy it ya big nance. Offer em 22 and its still a steal.
Old 17-03-2007, 09:20 PM   #7
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They would have to give me a good deal on the XR6.

14,000 on the clock is SFA. Just like a new car, minus the new car warranty.

Other thing is as well, sure would be nice to have an XR8, but I would much prefer to go the a BA. I've had an AU. Would much prefer something it to be an complete upgrade rather than just an engine upgrade.

Last edited by Bucknaked; 17-03-2007 at 09:31 PM.
Old 17-03-2007, 09:35 PM   #8
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Other thing is as well, sure would be nice to have an XR8, but I would much prefer to go the a BA. I've had an AU. Would much prefer something it to be an complete upgrade rather than just an engine upgrade.

I'm sure that little comment will open the floodgates!!
Old 17-03-2007, 09:40 PM   #9
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe. But if I was to upgrade, I really would prefer to go to something I haven't already had. In some respects, the XR8 didn't have premo sound, leather, sunroof or premo brakes, so to me, its not an upgrade. Where as mine has all that gear. While it would be a car with less kays and being a V8, it's virtually like having the same car. Would be nice to have a different shape.

Before I bought the AU I had an EL Futura. I could have bought an EL XR8, but I wanted to get into an AU. So as to feel like I was driving something different
Old 17-03-2007, 09:55 PM   #10
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

perhaps hang out for the orion bucky? 08 is supposed to bring a new shape for the falcon. seeing as you want a change of shape, not performance/handling/etc.

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 09:56 PM   #11
JefXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

About 3 mnths ago when i was looking to buy my xr8 i never knew what they were worth,i seen a series 3 220 kw red au xr8 with leather 98,000 ks go for 14,200 at pickles :/.

But anyhow got my series 2 for 12,000 so still was happy.
JefXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 10:02 PM   #12
SVR73
Mr Polish

Quote:
Was just having a sticky over at car sales and I'm starting to see BA XR8's now coming onto the market cheaper than a lot of AU XR8. Ex lease for sure, but if anything, I would have thought with the AU being as heavily criticised as it was/is and the BA being the opposite, I find the pricing comparasin an interesting one. Maybe there is more value than we thought. Although I think that the AU's I looked at were low K's where as the BA's were all High.

Actually, there were a few nice AU XR's there. Only search on XR8's. Cheapest AU2 XR8 i found was $14,000. 140,000 only the clock. Still taking a hit.

Anyway, some pointless info for ya all. :
Why they criticised them so much I don't understand
I've had the best car experience with my two. Never had a single breakdown after almost ten years and would buy another XR or a T series if I had the money.

Big difference in BA- BF XR numbers and the AU's
Old 17-03-2007, 10:45 PM   #13
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Maybe. But if I was to upgrade, I really would prefer to go to something I haven't already had. In some respects, the XR8 didn't have premo sound, leather, sunroof or premo brakes, so to me, its not an upgrade. Where as mine has all that gear. While it would be a car with less kays and being a V8, it's virtually like having the same car. Would be nice to have a different shape.

Before I bought the AU I had an EL Futura. I could have bought an EL XR8, but I wanted to get into an AU. So as to feel like I was driving something different

I know exactly what you mean!
Old 18-03-2007, 12:17 AM   #14
rhysy_boi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i don't know if it makes any difference but in the AU's xr's were enhanced by tickford where as in the ba's they are just straight out of the ford factory and you got fpv.

currently looknig at an xr8 myself. damn perth has high prices compared to the rest of aus.

Rhyso
rhysy_boi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2007, 02:03 PM   #15
fordAU

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVR73
Why they criticised them so much I don't understand
No idea either, the Series 2/3 220's are a great package.

Not sure if this has been posted before but for those who have not read this article a good write up which is pretty close to the mark imo.
http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...eID=11509&vf=1
fordAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2007, 02:32 PM   #16
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Go the AU bucky,what about a T series?
Old 18-03-2007, 04:47 PM   #17
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Although I think that the AU's I looked at were low K's where as the BA's were all High.
:
Are you comparing AU XR's wit BA XR's or lower model B series ?

Called the AU111 XR8 ages ago as holding value and will be sought after for many years in good condition and so will continue to hold, they are a great car, and id be in a low K one before a hacked B series any day.

!4000 K is not even run in, Id say if you got the price down that it will hold and you get your money back ( or most of it ) down the track no problems.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2007, 05:15 PM   #18
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just compared BA XR8's with the same in their AU counterparts,
Old 19-03-2007, 06:47 PM   #19
honer
Back to N/A land

I've found AU's to be pricey as well. Well, in Perth.. Everything is pricey as they are far and few between.

There is a AU3 XR8 Manual for $25k with 83k on the clock here... Not a price I'm prepared to pay for an AU.
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 04:43 AM   #20
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Well that nice to know Bucky, thanks for the good news.
Old 20-03-2007, 07:19 PM   #21
bf tubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by honer
I've found AU's to be pricey as well. Well, in Perth.. Everything is pricey as they are far and few between.

There is a AU3 XR8 Manual for $25k with 83k on the clock here... Not a price I'm prepared to pay for an AU.

yeah 2 separate dealers offered me 20000 on my ute with 90000km on it it seems perth loves the au xr8
 bf tubs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 01:28 AM   #22
AEF_Silver94
Falcon obsessed

im waiting out till Au's drop alil bit more,so i can get myself one finally,i would be happy with a Au Forte 1 even, but if a ba xr8 has a lower price tag compared to a au xr8,honestly i would go the BA...
AEF_Silver94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 09:03 AM   #23
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

they do seem to hold their value of late, thats for sure, especially spec'd up AUII and III 8's, i was talking to a guy the other week who was looking for an XR8, who knew nothing about cars, and he said he was told to buy an 220kw AU2/3 XR8 as they were lighter and had the windsor and similar performance times to an early BA XR8. So that maybe the thinking of people ?