Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-09-2006, 10:37 AM   #1
BJMXR

Angry Opening you damn door!!

I havent been here for a while... but my fury thismorning is about 110%... some stupid assh@!e inconsiderate, lame, boring, rude ***** fu$% wit has opened their door into the side of my car and implanted a hefty ding and scratch in it... i'll tell you what it just pi$$es me off so much. If i had have seen this person do it, i swear they would have copped the biggest serve from me and i couldn't have given a ***** if their kids were around, they were an old grandpa or some hot chick, they would have been stuffed full of some filthy language about how much of a crap person they are...

Sorry but im pretty dark that no one seems to care, i park my car ALWAYS in spots miles away, next to walls, poles or wherever ******* like this dont exist... the one time i dont... look what happens...

Damn all you people out there who swing your doors open into cars...

Peace...

Lowered on King SL & SSL
KONI "Yellows" Fully Adjustable Shocks
2.5in Stainless Herrods Cat back
Black Leather Interior
BJMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 10:43 AM   #2
nat_daly
Nat D

i hear you, i too am paranoid about this.. its rediculous how man elderly ladies, kids and just people that have crap cars do it.. it ****s me to the extreme, why can't some peopl just take more care?
old ride#1: ED XR6 5 speed-gone to new home:(
old ride#2:dumped EL fairmont 5l
new ride: Winter white AU2 XR8-manual
nat_daly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 11:08 AM   #3
EvilChief
Boost Addict

yup happened to me as well ... still got that ding in my passanger door from 4 years back, havent had another scratch since ... till then i had all straight panels ... might pull my finger out and fix it sometime
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 11:11 AM   #4
Simmo
White Lightning

i'd like to think you could exercise some restraint around children at least. it's a crappy thing to happen but you take that risk when you leave your garage.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 11:11 AM   #5
BJMXR

I still say burn in hell to the person who did it... still fuming here at the moment. I am probably down to 90% fury from this mornings 110%... but still...

And no... sorry... children or not... the fury would have overcome ANY rational thoughts like that...
Lowered on King SL & SSL
KONI "Yellows" Fully Adjustable Shocks
2.5in Stainless Herrods Cat back
Black Leather Interior
BJMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 11:24 AM   #6
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJMXR
I still say burn in hell to the person who did it... still fuming here at the moment. I am probably down to 90% fury from this mornings 110%... but still...

And no... sorry... children or not... the fury would have overcome ANY rational thoughts like that...
Give it to them both barrells I say ... got a 8cm dent in the wifes car at 4months. it just dam inconsiderate and when the kids ask why is this looney going off at you tell them why your so inconsiderate towards other peoples property.. :jab:

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 11:34 AM   #7
jason71
google is my friend

I feel for you, my pet hate too, you do the best to look after your pride and joy
and some idiot does that! had my car for one week and someone scratched the rear bar grrr. Now every time i look at my car my eyes focus in on this damm scratch! while others say you only notice it becuase you know its there! WTF? thats my whole point it shouldn`t be there! now i`m all fired up again, dammit
jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 11:54 AM   #8
Scott

I feel your rage buddy. I was going to Sydney with work a little while ago and planned to meet up with the guy's I was travelling with at a resort just out of Canberra. I decided to leave the GT in a carpark there with a garden bed on one side (at the far end of the carpark) and about a million empty spaces everywhere else. Got back that afternoon and found a nice chip down to the metal. I asked reception if they knew who parked there and they said they had only seen two cars there all day. The ****er had parked right beside me and banged my car. What a **** off.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 11:58 AM   #9
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey if they are too stupid and lazy to leave a note then they deserve a good beating.. i have one on my door and i feel for you mate because we try to keep our cars in good nic and some people with POS or couldnt care less swing their door open and drive off...

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 12:17 PM   #10
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I know how you feel. I always try to park on the end of a row, and go in backwards so my drivers door is on the drivers side of the only car next to me (lessesn the chance of kids banging the doors open). One time I parked like this, went to the shops and came back, and a RAV4 had parked over the white line in their carpark, leaving me no choice but to get into my car through the passenger door. The copped a Nice dent in their door for their troubles!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 12:36 PM   #11
sednwol

Quote:
i hear you, i too am paranoid about this..
I fully agree, I come back from parking at the shops and always check both sides of the car. People can be so stupid and thoughtless. I always will pack on a flat surface when shopping as I know on a slope (like at Knox) if they let the door go it's into my car. I think all of us with awesome cars are concerned by these people!
sednwol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 12:47 PM   #12
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Inconsiderate f*******s !! , I feel for ya !. I think we have all just about copped a ding or 2 from stupid morons opening their car doors onto ours , I've allready had it done to mine about 5 times since the start of this year ! (tiny dings in the doors / and always paint left behind ! ) ...ggggrrrrrrrrrrrr .

And call me bias against 4-wheel drives if you will , but 4 of the 5 have been 4wds (i can tell by the height of the paint mark on the door near the window).
Stupid women in 4wds - im not saying all women are stupid ! , just they shouldn't be allowed to drive 4wds ! - and it seems to be worse these days now that just about every mum is driving these big barges around ! .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 12:58 PM   #13
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its worse when FAT people are in 4x4s.. and because htey are fat they cant just hop out .. they have to open the door and lean on it and slide out from under the steering wheel which is hard to control a door when your leaning on it

my mum was sittin in her car and when the driver did the above they were trying SO hard not to smash the door into her car!!
she thought it was quite funny actually!
Old 01-09-2006, 01:12 PM   #14
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

What's worse are people opening their doors when you are in the next lane to their parking spot on a street and pray you can stop in time or there's no cars next to you to serve into.

Once I was sitting in a car park and a 4WD pulled up next to me. Moron A in the back opened his big high door and slammed into my wing mirror. I inspected it and he apologised. Then Moron B (the driver) opened the same back door to get a jacket and did it again. Geezus!! I wasn't parked close or anything.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 01:16 PM   #15
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i got another one for ya

my little brother had a old ford laser.. and some stupid litle kit smashed their door into his door.. and my brother had words with the mother about her child not being shown how to open a door without smashin the car next to it..

it left a hefty dent in his door

so my brother opened said door and put his foot against the inside of his door and pushed as hard as he could leaving a nice fat crease in the other morons door

some people definatly have no respect!!
Old 01-09-2006, 01:26 PM   #16
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackers10
i got another one for ya

my little brother had a old ford laser.. and some stupid litle kit smashed their door into his door.. and my brother had words with the mother about her child not being shown how to open a door without smashin the car next to it..

it left a hefty dent in his door

so my brother opened said door and put his foot against the inside of his door and pushed as hard as he could leaving a nice fat crease in the other morons door

some people definatly have no respect!!
Hahaha, that's terrible. So are you saying the moron or your bro has no respect?

I was at a car boot sale once and I noticed a mark on the big 4WD next to my car, exactly where my door would open into. My father was with me and I think he did it but I didn't say anything. For the next 6 hours or so I hoped for them not to see it and "luckily" nothing came of it.

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Old 01-09-2006, 01:28 PM   #17
The Monty
Just slidin'

I have 6 big sratches and/or dents. If they were all my fault, fair enough, though what makes me angry, only 2 out of the six have been done by me.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:45 PM   #18
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

I got one on the passenger side and what urkes me, is that it hasn't dinted it as much as taken the paint off the door.
And i can't do anything bout it either.
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 02:47 PM   #19
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

I feel your pain, though unfortunately i have been the bad guy in these situations, i've never just left it without apologising (not good enough i know).

I think the SCARIEST part about going to the shops is being forced to park anywhere even remotely close to the Trolley return thingo's. Can't tell you how i feel when i come out of the mall and see a trolley withing 5 foot of the AU.......
Old 01-09-2006, 02:56 PM   #20
Dauphin
Irregular member

Ohh, trolleys!! I was walking through a car park recently that has an incline. A lady was putting her kid into her car and let her trolley go. It rolled down, got some "speed" and banged into another car's side. I wouldn't have been able to catch it in time if I tried. She was oblivious, got in her car and drove away.

A few weeks later I was walking through the same car park and a white EA wagon took off at full throttle out of their spot and smashed the front bumper off a VN wagon and moved its front across a few feet. It paused and then took off like a madman. I think it was a gambling problem related to the TAB there. The noise was so shocking.

Old 01-09-2006, 05:38 PM   #21
FRIKA
FRIKA

Feel for ya mate.

I like everyone else looks for ideal parking spots and park miles away in isolation from any other car. But why is it that you always come back and parked next to you is bigggest heap of ****e parked so close that you need a sunroof to get into your car. Friggin annoying.

Sometimes Ive sat in my car and watched people get in and out of cars. Bloody amazing some stuff ive seen. people just dont give a flying #$%&.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:42 PM   #22
Dauphin
Irregular member

I just got about 10 emails at once alerting me about this message thread, did anyone else?

Old 01-09-2006, 06:47 PM   #23
sednwol

Try picking the kids up at school with footballs/basketballs flying everwhere. The car next to me was hit a while ago, my XR8 copped a basket ball but no damage.
sednwol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 06:53 PM   #24
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, this is why i park next to a BMW, or MERC, or FPV Falcon, cause they love their car too and wont want my paint scrathed onti theirs, and on the other side of me is a poll.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:16 PM   #25
Cam
Stroking it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAU1
Yeah, this is why i park next to a BMW, or MERC, or FPV Falcon, cause they love their car too and wont want my paint scrathed onti theirs, and on the other side of me is a poll.
I'll second that, or i park miles away and take up 2 parks, door dings on a black car stand out like dogs balls :

Cam
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2006, 12:41 AM   #26
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dauphin:-the moron has no respect.. my brother respects other cars ..he has a keen interest in cars like myself..
Old 02-09-2006, 07:48 PM   #27
XEESP_351

theres people like this in every car park, i caught a young mothers kid kick the rear door open of her ****box and hit the missus xr6 in the rear door left a good scratch and dent. After i had a go at her she goes off at me for going at her then she turns around and tells me "its only a car".Some people dont care if u try and care for ur things,I park my xr8 as fars away as possible or dont take to shops at all but even when park away some ******** still manages to park next to me.Happened today fuking VZ SS owner parks close on my drivers side at bunnings had to squeeze into my car while trying not to hit his car with my door...i tell ya some people!!!
:
XEESP_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2006, 10:44 PM   #28
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr t-series
theres people like this in every car park, i caught a young mothers kid kick the rear door open of her ****box and hit the missus xr6 in the rear door left a good scratch and dent. After i had a go at her she goes off at me for going at her then she turns around and tells me "its only a car".Some people dont care if u try and care for ur things,I park my xr8 as fars away as possible or dont take to shops at all but even when park away some ******** still manages to park next to me.Happened today fuking VZ SS owner parks close on my drivers side at bunnings had to squeeze into my car while trying not to hit his car with my door...i tell ya some people!!!
:
Write her number plate down and ask her for her name & insurance company... damage is damage
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2006, 11:34 PM   #29
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJMXR
Yeah I know about that. Went to visit parents last year and was sitting out the front of bunnings in their car waiting when this fat ***** slammed her door straight into the car. She didn't care about the damage she had caused and went to get in her car. I got out the car and she laughed at me and went to drive off. All it took was one solid punch to destroy the bonnet of her nice shiny Vectra.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2006, 11:38 AM   #30
XR6Stu

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
Inconsiderate f*******s !! , I feel for ya !. I think we have all just about copped a ding or 2 from stupid morons opening their car doors onto ours , I've allready had it done to mine about 5 times since the start of this year ! (tiny dings in the doors / and always paint left behind ! ) ...ggggrrrrrrrrrrrr .

And call me bias against 4-wheel drives if you will , but 4 of the 5 have been 4wds (i can tell by the height of the paint mark on the door near the window).
Stupid women in 4wds - im not saying all women are stupid ! , just they shouldn't be allowed to drive 4wds ! - and it seems to be worse these days now that just about every mum is driving these big barges around ! .
Hahaha, stupid women in 4wd's. Lats nigt was at local footy finals, and when leaving, a women in a manual 4wd was on the phone to RACV complaing "her car is parked with one wheel in a gutter (not a gutter gutter, but one of the ditch sort of gutter) and when she reversed, it just stalled. A mate offered to have a go, and got it out first go. The problem? Instead of keeping the revs up, she was simply taking her foot off the clutch! Stupid women in 4wd's. Sorry, just had to throw it in. Damn people who dent car doors! :
XR6Stu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post