Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-11-2006, 09:53 AM   #1
crackatinny
Starter Motor

Default AU Xpac

Now that I have discovered the Xpac sticker on the boot of my 2000 AUII is a genuine ford application (another member on here has one), can anyone shed any light on exactly what the pack consisted of, and how many came out, I emailed Ford when I 1st got the car, but got no reply.

A pic of the boot sticker is in this thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=71928

crackatinny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Im pretty sure its a dealer pack. Circa 1999/2000, Dealers were getting pretty desperate and knocked up some weird kits to try an clear stock and compete with the VT2 Commo and the VT Commo special editions that came out around then.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 01:07 PM   #3
HLC
Audi S3

i've seen a few around.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:04 PM   #4
Futura01
horsepower

it's not a factory pack it's dealer pack with few extra's and colour coding
Futura01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 03:47 PM   #5
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Dealer pack from Strapp Ford, IIRC. I got one as a loaner while they were doing some work on my manual AU1 XR8 in Melbourne in early 2001. Alloy wheels, skirts and a sticker is pretty much it, I think.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 09:44 PM   #6
Au2falcons
Winter all year round

I've seen a fair few of these are, they were offered by dealers. They all have those mag wheels too.

Recommend trading with Mechan1k, Offyaguts, EDMONTY, PhantomXR8, HOTC2R, Partie & JC
Au2falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 10:33 AM   #7
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mum and dad bought mine new in 2000, its an X pack. It was a dealer promotion during the AUII. There was no colour coding at all...
Its a forte with a spoiler and a pick from 2 different types of fugly 16" wheels for $500 extra. There is usually an X pack decal on the bootlid as well. They never came with skirts either.

Mine had the ones on the bottom but i've seen plenty of them with the others. I think the ones i got are the better pick.. :
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 02:05 AM   #8
crackatinny
Starter Motor

Thanks for all replies.

Hey Glenn, did you get that info off the parents, you've been more helpfull than Ford Australia, I just like to really research a car when I get a new one.

Where did you find the pic you put in, do your parents still have the original brouchers, if so, any chance of getting hold of some scans.
crackatinny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 02:07 PM   #9
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nah man there wasn't any brochures on the X pack i believe. The dealer told them the X pack was a spoiler, sticker and mags for $500 extra when new.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post