Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 30-05-2006, 07:04 PM   #1
RUKIDN
Missing the boost :(

Default Need a manifold flange

Hey ppl,

Just a question for those who make custom turbo manifold's / exhaust guys, i know there a few on here. Im currently welding up my own manifold for my EB 4L, i simply just need the exhaust flange to weld the pipes too? Hope that made sense, Im not sure where id get this elsewhere. If someone can give me a price or contact im highly interested need one a.s.a.p..

Thanx guys
rukidn

RUKIDN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2006, 07:11 PM   #2
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

I'm sure an engineering workshop would cut/sell you a flange. As for prices, no idea. If you can get the appropriate flange dimensions for your application and supply the shop with these, this shouldn't cost more than a couple of hundred at most. I'd be expecting <$100.

I could be mistaken though!
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2006, 07:14 PM   #3
RUKIDN

Thanx mate yeh i wouldnt expect it to be overly expensive either, $100 or so sounds decent. Ill ask around and see what they can do for me.. I wasnt sure if an exhaust shop would have to facilities to do it for me either.
Old 30-05-2006, 08:27 PM   #4
MacGyver

As a mechanical engineer in training I can tell you it wouldn't take long at all to do. They can also mill a grove on the flange so your pipes fit exactly centre and saves lining them up.
MacGyver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2006, 08:29 PM   #5
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

you can buy them precut from most exhuast places, they order it in for you.. I got mine from Albion Muffler shop for $75.. Picked it up the following day

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2006, 09:16 PM   #6
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

If you make up a template of how you want it cut it will make it even easier/quicker for the place cutting it as well.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2006, 09:33 PM   #7
RUKIDN

Awesome!! Thanx guys exactly the stuff i needed to know. Seems alot more easier than i thought. Yeah i was also thinking to myslef of getting them to make a way of joining them so they stay in their positions, i have seen this used is alot of turbo manifolds.
Ill go to to my local exhaust shop on the weekend and ask for one..
Thanx again fella's..