Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-07-2006, 04:39 PM   #1
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Intake mod done

Just thought i would report on my latest mod, which is a change to the air intake. It took me most of the day, but i finally finished! I went into it thinking all i would need to do was get myself the BA shoulder and consetina hose pieces and the breather hose, as quoted on the AUFalcon.com workshop thread, and get the airbox lid off my mates EF. I was going to put all my AU bits onto his EF in exchange. No such luck. There was a number of problems i encountered:
- The elbow from my AU didnt quite fit on the EF, and i ended up breaking it trying!
- The EF lid didnt fit on the AU pipe
- The BA breather hose was completely wrong, and didnt fit anywhere!
- I had to run around to three plumbing places to find 80mm pipe!
But it all worked out in the end. I found some pipe that i sprayed black, sourced another EF lid from a wreakers, and used a ZG fairlane radiator hose for the breather pipe!! And after all that, despite what i think, i doubt it has done anything to the car! I will put up some pics as soon as i get hold of a camera.

ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2006, 05:20 PM   #2
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice work atleast you tried. Its like my latest project titled " Lets tint the tail-lights " ok it worked great on my VR Commodore.. I cleaned it, followed the directions, held the can back at the length required, sprayed it, its looking good, then it begins to run.. Iv put too much on of course, panicking I begin to wipe it off. 70% of it comes off straight away.. I spray it again. And the whole thing frosts over. So now Im freaking out.. I let it dry, take a break.. thinking its part of the drying process. I go out there, its frosted over big time. In my stupidity, I decide to sand it off, thats right.. I then being to polish it using Turtle Wax.. and its looks great once again, after some time. A little while later I come back, I decide to spray some Car Window cleaning on it.. within 10 seconds half the lights are frosted again.. **** it, lets buy some clear lights instead. So if any one has some SIII tailights in the Northern Victoria Area, PM me thanks.

But back to the topic, I wouldnt think it would do a great deal, if the car is dead stock as you say. Maybe running extractors and a decent exhaust, you might notice a difference.

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2006, 08:45 AM   #3
FUZMOBILE
Fuzzy Logic

buddy, just buy the tickford cai, and run BMC or K&N panel filter, i personally got 97.2 rwkw runing just that, on my stick au, which on the same dyno, runs 90rwkw without filter and intake, this was confirmed on Mikes Dyno on sat.
FUZMOBILE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2006, 09:10 AM   #4
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

damn, 7rwkw from just a snorkle and filter, thats awesome!! i already had that, so i thought i should extend it a little. The BA intake is much bigger than the AU so it should do something! i am interested to see if it makes any difference at all on the track. The one and only run i did in this car was a week after i purchased it, so no mods at all. I'd love to get mine up on a dyno, but havent had the chance yet.
Old 31-07-2006, 03:22 PM   #5
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Classic AU- do you know the part number for the BA intake? I went to my ford dealer, he didnt really have an idea what i was talking bout, or what i was trying to do. What did you ask for xr6t intake or something else?
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2006, 04:00 PM   #6
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicAU
damn, 7rwkw from just a snorkle and filter, thats awesome!! i already had that, so i thought i should extend it a little. The BA intake is much bigger than the AU so it should do something! i am interested to see if it makes any difference at all on the track. The one and only run i did in this car was a week after i purchased it, so no mods at all. I'd love to get mine up on a dyno, but havent had the chance yet.
What it will do is take in the same volume of air, but slow it down. Don't be surprised if you get a great induction noise, but maybe a drop in torque. Perhaps if you had an edit, the mixtures could be changed to take advantage of the new piping, but really, when the stock 60mm to 75mm pipe works best with the G&D box, a bigger intake pipe does not necessarily mean an increase in power. Same as me BA box - not sure it has an overall increase, but it looks good, sounds good and does provide better throttle response.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2006, 04:10 PM   #7
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1XR2C
Classic AU- do you know the part number for the BA intake? I went to my ford dealer, he didnt really have an idea what i was talking bout, or what i was trying to do. What did you ask for xr6t intake or something else?
The part number i have listed is BA9C684A, its just a standard setup from a BA n/a 6 falcon. I asked for the elbow piece and consetina hose that come from the throttle body, and the bloke knew what i was on about. it actually is listed as a set for about $100, comes with the hose clamps and all. Just dont get the breather hose to match, as the piece the have listed is about an inch long and useless for our purpose, u'll need to find yourself some heat resistant hose.
Old 31-07-2006, 04:16 PM   #8
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Thumbs up

thanks classic
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post