Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 14-10-2007, 07:02 PM   #1
NAPARM
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question Intercooler (installed) - how much?

Hey guys, just wondering realistically how much it would cost all up to buy an intercooler and get it fitted etc? (It would be for a supercharged EL 4.0).
Cheers.

NAPARM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2007, 07:33 PM   #2
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

i can sell you a small intercooler that i have (a few marks but hardly used)

fitting would depend on what work is needed....ie is aircon staying or being moved....what body mods are needed.....piping choice.....body kit mods

brad

Blue Power Airbox, Sunroof, Typhoon Wheels, Brembos, Prem Sound, Momo Chunky Wheel, Genuine FPV Gauge Holder, Whiteline Swaybars, Lowered, Tinted Windows, 60lb Injectors, Plazmaman Cooler, Hot Side & Under Battery Pipes, 4" Dump & Cat, Process West Surge Tank & Bosch 044, Turbo Inline Oil Filter
BRADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2007, 08:05 PM   #3
NAPARM
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's running a powerdyne 9psi supercharger, JMM dev5 cam, extractors and 3" exhaust (well getting done this week) and water injection. Is there any real need for an intercooler?
If so what size would be best?
Thanks.
NAPARM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2007, 09:08 PM   #4
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

At 9psi it would be a big help to cool the air down befor it made it to the engine!! a small cooler would do, As brad sugested. If you fitted it and did the work yourself it can be cheap as or if you were to get it done it may cost up a a couple of thousand depending on what cooler they used. The benifit would be quite significant i would expect. also consider a water to air cooler as well.

Tristan

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #5
3.9from hell
hoons cause global warmin

yeah you wil be wanting a cooler at 9psi, no question
Old 14-10-2007, 09:58 PM   #6
EBIIXR6
★★★★★

get a cooler off egay, fit it yourself if your talented - or get a shop to do your work, id be guessing to say how much but id say it wouldnt be cheap as there is a fair bit of labour in fitting a cooler. $700+ id say for 3" Stainless or alluminium. Why do you want an intercooler - the cars already dyno proven so....
Old 14-10-2007, 10:09 PM   #7
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

when i did my cooler the piping only cost me $100 bucks. and they cooler came with the snort kit. It was all stainless steel cooler piping.

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2007, 07:30 PM   #8
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Here's mine pipeing cost me $100 or so my mate is a welder so that helped out alot with price.

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post