Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-08-2005, 07:16 PM   #1
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default anyone watch/watching a current affair about canaries??

Nice modded car's not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know this has been brought up before but when are the nut cases going to get it???????????? :

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 07:24 PM   #2
LTDHO
The one and only

By Nut case I assume you refer to police/Ray Martin?

Ok, some of the stuff was UNRWC but still, the coppers said there intention was to defect cars. We all know they have NFI, yet it is accepted that the continue. Go figure.

It was just a pathetic ploy by Ray to get unter 25's (and us over 30's) to watch his show, while hes tries to concinve Mr Joe Average that modified cars are dangerous.

Would they prefer the youth to be doing drugs, steeling of little ol' ladies or street fighting? Rather than directing time and energy into cars?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 07:26 PM   #3
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

unfortunatley they stereotype sum1 with a exhaust or pod filter, as a hoon, and ppl with good cars, there also in this category
Sprint_ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 07:32 PM   #4
LEAURA
Enjoy Life

The sad thing is the boys in blue are just doing their job to protect the public and the lack of respect thrown their way is unbelievable.
I say give them more power to remove these ****ers off the street or even offer some sort of controlled environment to have fun.
LEAURA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 07:35 PM   #5
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeh i agree Maso, cos i see sum morons, we all do, but the tv programs are making the enthusiast look like a criminal,
Old 22-08-2005, 07:43 PM   #6
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maso
The sad thing is the boys in blue are just doing their job to protect the public and the lack of respect thrown their way is unbelievable.
I say give them more power to remove these ****ers off the street or even offer some sort of controlled environment to have fun.

i agree with you maso, fancy this chick with a HUGe intercooler hanging off the front of the car and no front bumper!!!!!

The cop said it was unsafe for it she hit a pedistrian the damage it would do, their is a reason a car has a front bumper!!!!!

Then she just winges about it. mmmm some people. :

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 07:53 PM   #7
LTDHO
The one and only

In her defence, She had just turned 21, she may not have known it was illegal, being that alot of poeople do it, plus it's done in magazines. She should have been told to head off home with a warning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maso
Ya can't be serious, you want to give more power to those who have no idea what they are talking about. Than makes alot of sence.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 22-08-2005, 07:55 PM   #8
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it the cops issuing the caniary knew the laws properley, then id take it on the chin, but when a cop assmumes and guesses, id fight to the end,
Old 22-08-2005, 07:58 PM   #9
Leah
www.madel.com.au

Ok, well i watched it, and it never ceases to amaze me. This is a little off topic to start with but i hope u see my point...

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but how exactly can they do a 10 minute report on repeat drink drivers, sit there secretly taping older people(by this i mean not the "hoon" age they refer to) sitting in a public bar getting p|ssed, then getting in there cars clearly unable to drive, and driving off, and not seeing a single police person present or even in their whole report for that matter. They even show people coming out of court who have lost their license for drink driving, getting in there cars and driving off, again no police presence.

Yet the very next segment on their show, "Hoons". Hey they even have a "hoon squad" to combat this problem. This gets me to what really p|sses me off!!!

Now I may be biased in my opinion, as i work in a pub/club and I sit there every day watching the regulars coming in anywhere from 2.30 in the arvo onwards, drinking themselves to oblivion and driving home. No matter how much u offer these people a taxi, they assure you they're ok to drive. ing_sm

Now it may just be my opinion, but how the hell can they make out that the HOONS are a menace on the streets. P platers, highly modified cars etc etc. Ok, so I accept that street racing etc, and idiocy behind the wheel is dangerous, but how about getting some of these Hoon Squad policemen to sit outside my work and catch all the drunken bastards that drive home every night, because I think theyre the real menace on the road.

I accept the police have a job, and hey i even accept that getting some of the dickheads off the roads, but comeon.... stop stereotyping every P Plater or person with a modified car as a hoon, and put the peoples tax paying dollars to actually saving people on the road by getting the drunken ones off it. :
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 08:07 PM   #10
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my mates VT was on there, the one on the back of the truck!! His not a trouble maker and a top bloke and he got his car towed away!! I'm always defending the police but i think they have gone way to far!
xr8 007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 08:10 PM   #11
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6007
my mates VT was on there, the one on the back of the truck!! His not a trouble maker and a top bloke and he got his car towed away!! I'm always defending the police but i think they have gone way to far!
Just because he's a "top bloke" doesnt mean his car is safe/roadworthy/legal.

If people are dumb enough to do things to their cars because they seem them in in magazines and dont check the legailities of it, then stuff them!
Old 22-08-2005, 08:11 PM   #12
EL_futuraistic

Default my 2 cents

I could not believe that girl with the front intercooler and no bumper. How is that possibly safe, and as if she didnt know that when she fitted it, and decided to cut some laps of chapel.

Unfortunately, most of the people featured on ACA, in all their "anti-hoon" reports, consider getting a "canarie" a trophy, and display it proudly. However in saying that, anyone who takes their car to Chapel Street, knows its a showoff street, and knows their will be cops. Thats why they go there.

Car enthusiasts arent the target, its young hoons in HIGHLY modified, POORLY maintained vehicles and unfortunatley for the police who are only doing their job, sometimes its hard to distinguish between the two when they are on Zero Tolerance Blitzes.

This will spark a never ending list of abuse but here it goes.

I tend to agree with the head of the "anti-hoon squat" that sure, modify your vehicle, aslong as you modify withing the legal guidlines. It can still look good, without removing bumpers, and atmospheric venting BOV's. And if your not sure of the regulations, Give Vicroads a call and im sure they will be able to help you with any info you need.
EL_futuraistic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 08:25 PM   #13
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ur right ef futura, but some cops dont know what is legal or not and this is where the problem is, i was with a mate in his stock vl one day, got pulled over, the cops says i have 2 fine u for having a too powerful car on ur p's vl turbos are too powerful, we go its a stock vl, no turbo, and he refused to look under then bonnet and point to us where the turbo was, now this car could of had bout 20 canairies on it, cos it was un road worthty, but if cops have this attitude, then they need to be kicked in the ***, all i am saying is that if they dont know what is legal or not they should not be enforcing, it just like a cop needs to be taught how to use a gun, if they dont they cant be a cop or use a gun
Old 22-08-2005, 08:31 PM   #14
XAGSV8
Member 178

On a lighter note did anybody else notice ACA speed up the footage when cars were dragging.
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 08:36 PM   #15
EL_futuraistic

Everyone has a mate who was allegedly pulled up for driving a stock car, and sure ok the cops should have more education on what is legal and not. But if its not illegal, and the vehicle is not too-powerful. The fine or canarie shows the vehicle rego or vin number so you would just drive down to your local police station and have it cleared. Unless of course your mate was in a stock VL, dropping burnouts or cruising his stereo up loud then of course there is an issue with ur mate, not the car.

I honestly cant see what the problem is, if the police are wrong.... then why would you pay the fine?
EL_futuraistic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 08:39 PM   #16
Thornie
Off smelting

lo yeh i noticed that GWSXA.
That girl was dumb if she had of had her front bumper on it would have been legal.
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 08:39 PM   #17
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just to clear thing up EL, i was in the car at the time, and we were sitting on 95kmh in a 100 gone just was canariy yellow, with turbo badges,
Old 22-08-2005, 08:40 PM   #18
xxxc
tuff

haha my mate was talking to the camera lol,driving around with no bumper with an intercooler hangin out is unsafe ,but no that chick reckon she hasnt hurt anybody...YET
xxxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 08:45 PM   #19
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_futuraistic
Everyone has a mate who was allegedly pulled up for driving a stock car, and sure ok the cops should have more education on what is legal and not. But if its not illegal, and the vehicle is not too-powerful. The fine or canarie shows the vehicle rego or vin number so you would just drive down to your local police station and have it cleared. Unless of course your mate was in a stock VL, dropping burnouts or cruising his stereo up loud then of course there is an issue with ur mate, not the car.

I honestly cant see what the problem is, if the police are wrong.... then why would you pay the fine?
OMG you can not be serious.

The local police station an not just remove or clear a canary. You have to go and get a RWC, regardless to whether the car was or not. Only difference is that the cost is minimised if is was legal.

If the police are wrong, you still have to pay the fine. Regardless.

Have you ever got a canary???
Old 22-08-2005, 08:47 PM   #20
xxxc
tuff

do u get a fine with a canary? who much is it??
Old 22-08-2005, 08:50 PM   #21
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just looking on the APS site and interesting read, the way they put it it shows that the system is wrong heres 2 quotes

When the engine is modified, be it a cold air intake or the whole works, the relevant authorities automatically deem that that vehicle no longer complies and it is illegal for the owner to drive that vehicle on public roads. Whether technically the vehicle does or does not comply, the authorities still deem it to not comply unless the vehicle owner can produce relevant documentation.

Firstly, when an inspecting officer or a member of the Police Force detects modifications, a defect notice will be placed on the vehicle. Unless of course the owner can produce documentation that proves not only that the vehicle continues to comply with EPA requirements, but also that the relevant road traffic authorities are satisfied with the level of compliance.

so this shows guilty untill proven innocent, so in theory 90% of cars are unroadworthy so y arent cops pulling over normal cars and older drivers that have K@N filter???
Old 22-08-2005, 08:52 PM   #22
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUMPT
well i had one once, very minor uneven wear on the tire, on the outside, i had to pay 70 for a rwc test, and any money needed 2 get it
Old 22-08-2005, 08:57 PM   #23
xxxc
tuff

no fine then ,just roadworthy costs and repairs etc..
Old 22-08-2005, 08:58 PM   #24
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUMPT
You will also get finded for driving an UN RWC vehicle!
Old 22-08-2005, 08:58 PM   #25
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i could be wrong though, looking at the tv report, cars were towed, so ud have 2 pay for that and some ppl were charged, so i dunoo the details there
Old 22-08-2005, 09:16 PM   #26
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember a letter to Street Machine some time ago where a guy was at a car meet of some sort and the cops came in and started hassling people. This guy, who had his car parked and was not up to any funny business, was asked to pop the bonnet so Mr Plod could check the car. Opens the bonnet of his XA-XC Falcon and the cop says "What motor have you got in it?" The guy replies "Just a 250". The cop becomes agitated and demands, "Is it a 6 or 8 cylinder?"

Now I don't know about you, but if my car was being checked for roadworthiness, I'd expect that person to be mechanically minded enough to tell the difference between a V8 and a bloody inline 6!! If they can't get basic stuff like this right, then how can you seriously consider their opinion on whether or not your car is roadworthy to be correct? For a cop to do roadworthies, they should be able to have a certified level of competence on the matter.

Another guy I worked with had a tidy Charger with wider tyres on the rear. Not exceeding the guards at all and he got canaried for the width of the tyres. Took it to a mechanic who passed the tyre size and he got a roadworthy. Why should people have to go waste time and money proving the police wrong?
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 09:19 PM   #27
Velociraptor
Digging for avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
In her defence, She had just turned 21, she may not have known it was illegal, being that alot of poeople do it, plus it's done in magazines. She should have been told to head off home with a warning.
The same cop that was talking to her had explained why it was dangerous and given her a warning a week before but she,in her vast intellect and volumes of experience reasoned it was safe because " I dont understand he sais why its not being safe" Flawless logic[I get my haircut therefore I am] and besides she needed to drive the car.Sure the cops would have called AC for the coverage but they didnt make it happen ,these vermin are waiting for the cops to show . I detest these idiots , this how they actually behave, they incite violence and kill innocent people in their death boxes. They bring unnecessary and unwanted attention to the rest of us. They make us all look bad. This might seem a little heavy handed at first but in our own interests they should be drowned in the shallow end of the gene pool at birth if not sooner.Its Darwinian really.
Old 22-08-2005, 09:20 PM   #28
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
You will also get finded for driving an UN RWC vehicle!
It's up to the officer whether you a going to cop a fine. My police mate generally will only defect the car. But if its a big mouth that wants to gob off with emotional threats well he will make it worse for himself.
Its a small minority that always ruins it for others that like to show & enjoy the car scene/

buickman
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 09:43 PM   #29
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Two points should be pointed out about that episode (yes im ashamed to say i watched it).

1. People who cruise around hotspots with a bad attitude have to expect some form of attention from the cops.

2. Most cops including those pictured have no idea about cars and modifiations. WTF an exposed intercooler will cut people up if they hit? A bumper isnt going save them. What are bullbars doing on 4WDs that dont go offroading?

(disclaimer: i know she was a repeat offender, my point is about the defect judging process not the girl)

I know alot of people are thinking "Oh well the police are just doing their job"

well if they dont know how to do their job properly then they should leave it tosomeone who does know how.
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 09:50 PM   #30
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
well if they dont know how to do their job properly then they should leave it tosomeone who does know how.

i agree there, but they do thats y they give u a canairy, so a RWC tester can see if its illigal or not, the problem is that they tend to give canairies out like no tomorrow, the should be educated on what looks roadworthy and whats not, so not to give canaires fo simple little things that are legal,