Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 09-02-2005, 02:07 PM   #1
Sweet EL

Default which exhaust??

ok my stock exhaust is totally stuff. : So I'm going to put a cat back system on. but not sure which 1 to go with...

I'm looking at 2 systems at the moment...
1st is a HM system which is going to cost me $663.25 fully installed. comes with a 3 year warranty.

2nd system is a lukey or a pacemaker (not sure which 1) for $390.00 fitted. And if I want some pacemaker extractors they be $480.00...

Both are 2 1/2"

I've been told by a few ppl that I've been talking to the the redback systems are as good as these...

oh yeah my car is a Tickford enhanced 98 EL Fairmont Ghia.

Last edited by Sweet EL; 09-02-2005 at 02:14 PM.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 03:03 PM   #2
XFLOW6

my g/f (SLi_GLi) has and EF I6 and she got pacemaker extractors, hi flow cat, 2.5" pipe and a redback muffler. has a nice deep note to it and rumbles on idle but can drone at highway speeds. my XF has the same stuff but an ESA muffler and it seems to have a better (in my opinion!) note to it but drones heaps more. i wouldn't buy one of the pre-made cat back systems as i believe you can get a better sound/performance if you choose your own muffler.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:24 PM   #3
Sweet EL

what would you or any1 else reckonment for and exorst system. I don't want it to drone too much as I do alot of highway driving...

at the moment I'm just looking at cat back and extractors soon after (when funs permitt).
Old 09-02-2005, 03:44 PM   #4
TURBO_GHIA
hmmm boost

pacemakers are around $300 not fitted,and prob looking at $200-350 on an exhaust plus the fitting of the extractors

i would go for pack makers and lukey 2 1/2 system with one muffler
TUNED BY JEM
TURBO_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 07:52 PM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

I have a HM catback system and its good, a little on the quiet side but when you boot it you know it's there.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:50 PM   #6
Sweet EL

I'm leaning to ward the lukey system mainly because its chepper than the HM system, and if I get the lukey I'll be able to afford the pacemakers as well. The guy at the shop said that the lukey was a hi-flow system with a straight trough muffler (only 1) and not push bend (can't rember what u call the other bend). I'll be keeping my current cat or is worh the money getting a hi-flow cat??
Old 09-02-2005, 08:58 PM   #7
hornet

The other bends are mandrel.

I've heard that lukey are fairly ordinary nowadays. Just what I was told by a local exhaust shop
Old 09-02-2005, 11:44 PM   #8
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah i'll probably need one again soon too so keep the suggestions coming!
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 11:50 PM   #9
EASPRINT
FPV GT-P 335!

Exhaust Bro's will do 2 1/2" system from cat back for around $250 fitted. I always had my cars done there.....very tidy work.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:18 PM   #10
Sweet EL

unfortunetly there is only 3 exhaust places in shepp.

I've just found out that the pacer/lukey system is on another fairmont here which I test drove coz I was looking at getting, it sounded nice and the guy was very happy with it too.
Old 16-02-2005, 08:24 PM   #11
Sweet EL

Just wondering if anyone has jet-hot coated extractors?? : Are they worh the extra money??