Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 27-03-2006, 09:14 PM   #1
STOKEB
NOS Induction pssssshhhhh

Default Gear Box Rebuild 4 C4

Hay guys i got my hands on a C4 Gear box and got my Custome Bellhousing the other day just wondering if anyone knows any places that build C4 autos that can handle 500-600HP, im stuck atm if i cant find anywhere ill have to get JMM to send it off for the rebuild.

STOKEB - 3:7 diff gears, 3inch zorst, JMM Race Series Extractors, Custom Bottom end to suit N20, AU DEV 6 Head and Cam, Cold Air Intake, ED XR6 Manual Computer with Flash Tunner, ED XR6 Fuel reg, C10 Auto, 2800stall .
---------------------------------------------------
I LiVe My LiFe A bOtTlE aT a TiMe, FoR tHoSe 200 sQuIrTs I fEeL fReE.........pssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh
STOKEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 09:35 PM   #2
24CIT
back to the shop........

i had my C4 built in Mackay. dont know where you live though, but it may be some help. i xan find the buisness name if you need it! :1syellow1
Old 27-03-2006, 09:37 PM   #3
STOKEB

Im from Vic, Melbourne. StAlbans area looking for a place around melbourne if thats any help
STOKEB - 3:7 diff gears, 3inch zorst, JMM Race Series Extractors, Custom Bottom end to suit N20, AU DEV 6 Head and Cam, Cold Air Intake, ED XR6 Manual Computer with Flash Tunner, ED XR6 Fuel reg, C10 Auto, 2800stall .
I LiVe My LiFe A bOtTlE aT a TiMe, FoR tHoSe 200 sQuIrTs I fEeL fReE.........pssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh
Old 27-03-2006, 09:40 PM   #4
24CIT
back to the shop........

ahhhh, i dont know of any down there sorry. surely there would be someone down there that can help!! :Up_to_som
Old 27-03-2006, 10:08 PM   #5
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

post this question in the general tech, pub, or cleveland area, as there wouldn't be too many people in eseries that have modified C4's.
Old 27-03-2006, 10:24 PM   #6
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOKEB
Hay guys i got my hands on a C4 Gear box and got my Custom Bell housing the other day just wondering if anyone knows any places that build C4 autos that can handle 500-600HP, I'm stuck atm if i cant find anywhere ill have to get JMM to send it off for the rebuild.
Two place's i would go. 1/ Jimmy Walton auto's in waterdale road Heidelberg Jimmy is an X drag racer and has built all of mine of the years, and i have never had and problems with any of them one was behind a 600 horse Clevo with a 300 shot of no2. And the second bloke would be Advance automatics again in Heidelberg and he is also a drag racer if theses two guys can't help i don't no who can.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 10:27 PM   #7
Gunns
Banned

Kea's are the people who have built the box for EA_BA_Turbo, and Tufed6.
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2006, 12:04 AM   #8
need psi
slow & low EA Ghia

how much was the bellhousing if you dont mind me asking?

need psi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2006, 02:16 AM   #9
ea ba turbo
chasing more power

Definetly speak to Paul from KEAS

I cant recomend his autos highly enough!!!!!

have one behind a turbo 6 cyl making in excess of 600hp now
and it has been faultless...

Also he is very switched on about converters.

Thanks to Mikes Dynos

ALLRACE & K.E.A.S.
ea ba turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2006, 11:11 AM   #10
bluethunder

One place id definately recommend would be bert kewish automatics in dandenong, I got my C4 rebuilt there for 1500 bucks which is bloody good for what I got. He supplied the auto, extra beefier clutches, full manual valve body, upped line pressures, had a better pump put in too. There was all this other stuff but I cant remember, think it had some c10 bits in there too.
Bellhousing I got from dellow automotive (to suit 4l), cost me $350, they are up in sydney.
All up the conversion only cost me 3000 including shifter and all! Dont regret changing from manual one bit!!
But yeah be worth having a chat, think his names dave..
bluethunder is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2006, 11:34 AM   #11
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluethunder
One place id definately recommend would be bert kewish automatics in dandenong, I got my C4 rebuilt there for 1500 bucks which is bloody good for what I got. He supplied the auto, extra beefier clutches, full manual valve body, upped line pressures, had a better pump put in too. There was all this other stuff but I cant remember, think it had some c10 bits in there too.
Bellhousing I got from dellow automotive (to suit 4l), cost me $350, they are up in sydney.
All up the conversion only cost me 3000 including shifter and all! Dont regret changing from manual one bit!!
But yeah be worth having a chat, think his names dave..
He didnt say that the the trans you got was left behind by another customer did he?
Old 28-03-2006, 12:52 PM   #12
24CIT
back to the shop........

Talking

damn blue thunder thats cheap!! my box set me back $4200(fully built with billet internals, transbrake, bellhousing etc)! :nutsycuck
Old 28-03-2006, 02:31 PM   #13
bluethunder

lol nah dan. Yeah I was surprised myself with that price! Was expecting around 3 grand.
bluethunder is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2006, 09:25 PM   #14
STOKEB

bluethunder do you have a phone number for that gear box place, $1500 is a excellent price if the box can handle 500HP im really interested in this if you can supply me with a number it will be great.. thanx guys for the help
Old 28-03-2006, 09:47 PM   #15
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluethunder
lol nah dan. Yeah I was surprised myself with that price! Was expecting around 3 grand.

Just wondering. I bought a box off Brenx that needed a $500 rebuild as quoted by Dave, it had all the good bits you have but I bought the AU so kinda left the box there :P People were supposed to buy it but they never did and the months passed so it just stayed there.
Old 28-03-2006, 10:00 PM   #16
STOKEB

Does anyone have the phone number for Bert Kewish Automatics ?? if so can i have it PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ thanx for all the help guys
Old 28-03-2006, 10:08 PM   #17
STOKEB

Oh another question where can i get most of the conversion stuff like flywheel and ear box mount is there a place that sells the stuff or do i have to get this stuff custome made??
Old 28-03-2006, 11:00 PM   #18
TUFED6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOKEB
Oh another question where can i get most of the conversion stuff like flywheel and ear box mount is there a place that sells the stuff or do i have to get this stuff custome made??
Just use a normal 4.0 flex plate. I've got a spare AU one you can have if you want.

Depending on which belhousing/adapter you have you might have to modify the trans mount.

With mine, the mount on the gearbox sits about 100mm further forward than the normal mount point on the body, so I needed to extend the standard mount. I made up an extension out of 4mm plate for doing this. I made a template for it too if you want a copy.

- John
TUFED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post