Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 15-07-2006, 07:11 PM   #1
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Default My new car!

Hi All,

Just bought myself an absolutely immaculate 95 EF Futura - 1 owner with low kays!!! Has been perfectly maintained and has log books and every single receipt from day one!

It is totally bog stock, although it does have some fully sick grandpa mods including headlight protectors, bonnet protector, rear window louvre, wind deflectors on the front doors, tow bar, dash mat, seat covers and god knows what else!!

First things will be to rip all the crap off it!
After that I'm not quite sure what I've got planned....I'm only planning to keep this car until I get something imported, but if I like this, I might delay that for a few months and keep it for a while.

If that's the case it will definitely have to be lowered, it handles like a boat!

Well, that's about it for now, but once i pick it up you're sure to see me around these parts a bit more often!

private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2006, 07:15 PM   #2
EFFalcon
Last warning

keep the headlight protectors on it, they're barely noticable but they extend the life of the headlights (stops them going yellow)

Congrats on the pickup, sounds like my car when i got it
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2006, 07:18 PM   #3
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Thanks EFFalcon, yeah pretty stoked with the pick up- I was only searching for a dunger when I stumbled across this!
Old 15-07-2006, 08:09 PM   #4
mons2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
Hi All,

Just bought myself an absolutely immaculate 95 EF Futura - 1 owner with low kays!!! Has been perfectly maintained and has log books and every single receipt from day one!

It is totally bog stock, although it does have some fully sick grandpa mods including headlight protectors, bonnet protector, rear window louvre, wind deflectors on the front doors, tow bar, dash mat, seat covers and god knows what else!!

First things will be to rip all the crap off it!
After that I'm not quite sure what I've got planned....I'm only planning to keep this car until I get something imported, but if I like this, I might delay that for a few months and keep it for a while.

If that's the case it will definitely have to be lowered, it handles like a boat!

Well, that's about it for now, but once i pick it up you're sure to see me around these parts a bit more often!
Something imported? What does that mean? Something thats not a Ford?
Old 15-07-2006, 08:21 PM   #5
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Yeah your're right mons2b, sorry something not Ford! Looking for my dream car - a skyline GTR. Still researching though which is why I decided to by a temporary car!

If it helps to redeem me we will be keeping our family car though (which is a Ford)!
Old 15-07-2006, 08:40 PM   #6
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ah, I can understand the attraction of the GTR. There is an F6 AWD thread going around here somewhere at the moment. I think that GTR bathurst wins still hurts and a lot of us ford folk secretly want a GTR. I still like the old R32, the R33 is fugly IMHO. Good luck on the Ford. My EF had grandpa mods when I bought it too, the sun visor was bigger than a T3 boot spoiler.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2006, 09:16 PM   #7
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Yeah, I just don't think I can resist a GTR for much longer! Only thing though is I've got a feeling it's gonna be one of those cars that you get, spend a fortune keeping it going, and then sell at a huge loss a year later!! I'm researching a fair bit before I buy, which is why I thought I'd get myself something to drive around in so I could take my time...
Old 15-07-2006, 09:52 PM   #8
efmont

Nice work there mate.
efmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2006, 10:01 PM   #9
kraddy
Trying to keep license

Congrats on the good buy mate!

222.3 RWKW
kraddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2006, 10:55 PM   #10
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Thanks guys!
Old 16-07-2006, 12:54 PM   #11
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
Yeah, I just don't think I can resist a GTR for much longer! Only thing though is I've got a feeling it's gonna be one of those cars that you get, spend a fortune keeping it going, and then sell at a huge loss a year later!! I'm researching a fair bit before I buy, which is why I thought I'd get myself something to drive around in so I could take my time...
Yeah but if your worried about losing money on cars then you would go out and buy a $2 000 box to get around in. All sports, modified or imported cars cost a bit to run.
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 02:22 PM   #12
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDXR6
Yeah but if your worried about losing money on cars then you would go out and buy a $2 000 box to get around in. All sports, modified or imported cars cost a bit to run.
Yeah so true! I've had imports before and was quite happy with the general ownership costs, however I've got different priorities and responsibilities now and just need to understand how much more a GTR is going to cost to own versus something like a regular Skyline or other similar import.
Old 16-07-2006, 10:32 PM   #13
gngtho
Banned

Mate good luck with the ford, as for the gtr, my cosin has one, let me tell you that car has nearly caused him to devorce his wife several times.

$$$$$$$$$ is what it costs for a basic service.
$$$$$$$$$ for premo fuel
$$$$$$$$$ for parts, turbo's Inter coolers
$$$$$$$$$ for just the right spark plugs

And the list goes on and on and on
gngtho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 11:35 PM   #14
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Thanks GNGTHO, yeah that's exactly what I'm afraid of!
Old 17-07-2006, 02:02 PM   #15
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just take your time looking for a mint example, one with a history, receipts for work etc. The RB26DETT and altezza 4wd system are well known for being able to cop heaps of abuse, so provioded its been reguarly serviced and maintaned you shouldn't have to go down the expensive rebuild route for a while.

Premo fuels irrelevant as all imports and a lot of euro cars have to run on it, basic servicing isn't too much more than your standard GTS-T. Its just insurance and when things break which will hurt your hip pocket the most.

What model you after R32, 33 or 34 :evil3: ?
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2006, 02:47 PM   #16
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Thanks frdxr6 - yeah you're right, premium fuel is irrelevant, i've found that what you spend extra on the price difference, you save on milage! Insurance is cool, it's actually very reasonable I think.

While I would love an R34 I have to be realistic, so it's either an R33 or R32, and I hate R33's so there's the answer - R32!