Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 29-08-2005, 07:09 PM   #1
pauly85
commodore bogan

Default ea is gone again

well this time round i only had it for a few weeks, didnt even get to fix any of the probs

but today i fixed it good and proper, mixed my accelerator and brake feet up and nailed it straight into a pole at work, she is gone, going to the crusher it think, not real sure on what im gonna do with it but i cant be stuffed repairing it again

at least it was a quick death

oh by the way the pic in my avatar is from the last accident when my bro was driving

pauly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2005, 07:11 PM   #2
DUMTEF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry to hear about the loss mate, i know how you feel i had a ea fairmont which i crashed 3 times before i decided it had seen enough carnage and gave up on her. see http://members.cardomain.com/dumtef <-- there is a pic of my crashed car there.
DUMTEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2005, 07:11 PM   #3
niko
likes falcon's

curse ed thee falcon.
Old 29-08-2005, 07:16 PM   #4
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

doesnt seem like your having too much luck with your cars ey..
hope it all works out for the best in the end

what car you gonna drive now?

Build thread coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerCordia
I had two cordias but recently i sold one of them so that leaves me with one cordia which i have now but i wouldve had two if i havent sold the other one.
RUQ1KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2005, 07:34 PM   #5
Dezza
Parts bin special

Another e-series falcon dead. They're dropping like flies at the moment. Bad luck about the accident. At least the car did its job by protecting you, one thing e-series are great at. They are a good safe car. Got any pics?

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2005, 08:21 PM   #6
SileNceR
02/90 EA II Fairmont

accellerator and brake feet? shouldn't you be using the same foot for that? (if not you probably drive around with your brake lights on all the time).

Hope you find a replacement, seeing as you know they are strong enough to protect u in such an instance
Old 29-08-2005, 09:47 PM   #7
InitialD
Low and Loud

Man you have no luck with cars! Sorry to hear about the ea...

whats the next car?

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2005, 09:53 PM   #8
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

hopefully not the XB!

(crosses fingers)
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2005, 10:06 PM   #9
pauly85
commodore bogan

i meant mixed up the pedals, not feet lol

i still havent decided 100% on what to do, the car is repairable, but the parts will be getting close to what i paid for the car, so its not really the right thing to do financially

i wouldnt have been doing more than 5kph on impact, it just mashed the front end because the rad support that it has on it at the moment has been repaired about 3 times before, so its just weak, and i think the second hand bonnet i had on it was an aftermarket item originally so it as well is just weak

i can get a complete second hand rad support for about $120 through work, about the same for a complete fromt bar assembly

another option is to hunt down another ea that has been smashed in the rear, just take all the parts i need, with enough hunting around i rekon i could find a rear damaged ea for about $200, the only issue with that is storage

it sucks caus i just gave her a full tank of gas this morning, and ive stripped most of the XB for a respray, couldnt have happened at a worse time, but i spose it never does for anyone hey?

ive got pics on my mp3 thingo but cant transfer to the pc, if i bring the car home tomorrow ill get some digi cam shots!
Old 29-08-2005, 10:12 PM   #10
EFFalcon
Last warning

damn, that car cops it
shame to hear it mate, thought the EA was gunna make a come back!
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2005, 02:25 AM   #11
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

I'm sure that's at least the 3rd time you've crashed. Think more dude. The consequences will take you out of an EL ghia and in to a magna.
Here’s hoping you win the lotto or something…
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2005, 11:55 AM   #12
spivver

Hi Pauly,
seems like a rite of passage to bang up your car. I had an old dear pull out in front of me and crunched the front end of my EB S pack. Her insurance company paid me out, and I got an old EA with a straight front end for $255.00 off Ebay and repaired it.

Last edited by spivver; 30-08-2005 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Missing info
spivver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2005, 06:31 PM   #13
pauly85
commodore bogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADED6
I'm sure that's at least the 3rd time you've crashed. Think more dude. The consequences will take you out of an EL ghia and in to a magna.
Here’s hoping you win the lotto or something…
excuse me?? i sold the EL because i couldnt afford to run it, not because i crashed it, i bought it damaged, repaired it up and resprayed it

i have never crashed this ea before yesterday....why dont YOU think more before u post up crap!
Old 30-08-2005, 07:38 PM   #14
pauly85
commodore bogan

oh and by the way ive decided to keep it and repair it

got a brand new top lock from ford today for $130, also got the slide hammer onto the damaged one to pull the radiator away from the fan, so ive got it driving again, i think ive popped a vaccume hose for the lpg off somewhere caus its idleing really rough
ive already got a headlight sitting at home somewhere, just need to get a new indicator, bonnet and grille, bonnet lock, complete front bar and some new horns and ill be right!