Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #1
Rooster
Gimme Shelter

Cool MotorVation 22

Just about to head into the setting sun. MotorVation 22, now i'm not a racist, but this is my first time (girly giggle) over west. Have done most of the big east coast events, just wanted the good oil from the Westeners on what's hot and what's not for Motorvation.

Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2008, 01:27 PM   #2
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

its not a huge event and is only at the motorplex which isn't a huge venue.

i enjoy all of it, the cruise, dyno, skids, go to woah.. its all good
Old 14-01-2008, 05:42 PM   #3
bf tubs

i used to go till it became the wrx ,silvia and skyline show but its not too bad i suppose
 bf tubs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2008, 09:17 PM   #4
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

As long as you can handle being amongst the rockingham boguns : you'll be fine. (Just kidding )
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 07:30 PM   #5
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i think youl find it a bit down compared to shows over east (Numbers etc and car quailty) but is still a good weekend..its the best we got over hear so i cant complain....
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 07:59 PM   #6
Jorgo85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paull
As long as you can handle being amongst the rockingham boguns : you'll be fine. (Just kidding )
What is wrong with being a Rockingham Bogan? I proudly declare that I am a Rocko bogan, born and bred. And beleive it or not, I can string together an articulated sentence : :
Jorgo85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 08:38 PM   #7
AdzT3-146
own the road

Should be heading down on Saturday to it.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #8
crusher
Dirty ute club member

Ill hopefully be there just as or after the gates open. Spend the morning and early arvo there looking around a taking photos. Much easier to take photos when theres not as many people and the lighting is alot better that midday/afternoon.

And rockingham bogans. Jeez haven't they got a chip on there shoulder against kwinana! As I had it explained to me by a rocko bogan "rockinam doent like kwinana!" and then he tried to punch on with a fellow from Kwinana. Then the dudes girlfriend made him haha. Was rather strange.
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 09:54 PM   #9
Rooster
Gimme Shelter

Cool

thanks for the heads up guys, talking to Chrisso at Bluepower, apparently the hot chicks are in no short supply over there, the sun sets into the ocean, and there is good dense air for the 1/4.
Flying out tomorrow, get a bit of rubber necking in before the show starts.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 09:13 AM   #10
xr8-200

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusher
And rockingham bogans. Jeez haven't they got a chip on there shoulder against kwinana! As I had it explained to me by a rocko bogan "rockinam doent like kwinana!" and then he tried to punch on with a fellow from Kwinana. Then the dudes girlfriend made him haha. Was rather strange.
Can you think of a better reason to punch on?
We Rocko people are a simple people. Heck, that's why we didn't get the train line until late last year. Before then trains were seen as witchcraft.

As for Motorvation, it is entertaining enough.
xr8-200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 12:12 PM   #11
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

heheheh rocko haters!!

must change my profile, moved to baldivis now!!

oh, and there is no shortage of long legs and short skirts
Old 16-01-2008, 02:39 PM   #12
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR06T
oh, and there is no shortage of long legs and short skirts
gezz ya spoilt me fun now .... i cant wear that any more then
and the skirt was red to go with me big boffy beard to
now i gotta pick out a new out fit :

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 03:01 PM   #13
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

: : hahaha
Old 16-01-2008, 08:51 PM   #14
crusher
Dirty ute club member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8-200
Can you think of a better reason to punch on?
We Rocko people are a simple people. Heck, that's why we didn't get the train line until late last year. Before then trains were seen as witchcraft.

As for Motorvation, it is entertaining enough.
haha mate the closest train to me is half an hour away! hills boys represent! lol
If I saw a train itd sure have to be witchcraft.

And lookin forward to the short skirts and hotties. Last year there was a distinct lack of that while I was there.....
Old 16-01-2008, 10:40 PM   #15
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Don't bother with Perth city, is dead as a doornail. For party hard nightclubs all night head to Northbridge, for a bit of a pub crawl and bite to eat I thoroughly recommend Freo. Ferry cruise with oceanic cruises from Freo to Perth and back costs about $30 and is absolutely wonderful, great cruise along the Swan and the helmsman fills you in on a little bit of the sights as you go along although it isn't really a tourist thing... You can see the pad that a certain female just knocked back a $50 million offer on, she is holding out for 60-70 million... If staying near the Motorvation venue, head down to Shoalwater in Rockingham, you can walk across to Penguin Island at any tide and it is a nice way to waste a few hours.
Old 16-01-2008, 10:48 PM   #16
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Motorvation was pretty good last year.

The burnouts on sunday are a highlight, the elite cars was good (stand out was Cassie Rhodes SuperCharger) the driving events are a bit boring, but the quality of cars are there, just the modernish and rice kills it a bit.

And don't knock the Rocko Boys. :evil3:

Could be worse I guess like Kwinana or.... girrawheen.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2008, 01:07 PM   #17
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

or balga hahaha
Old 19-01-2008, 10:23 PM   #18
AdzT3-146
own the road

I went down today, really enjoyed it, apart from the sunburn :P

Anyone get any pics? im still getting settled here so camera gear is still on the way.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2008, 01:03 PM   #19
eed-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

rename it to vu-vz ute show.
520rwhp
eed-250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2008, 06:34 PM   #20
capriv8

I dropped down for a quick look today and watched the supercruise and had a good laugh at all the holdens that had to pushed off the snakepit.
capriv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2008, 07:09 PM   #21
xr8-200

I went yesterday and found it better than last year. One of the highlight for me was the BA GT in the night burnout session who came within millimetres of hitting the wall about a dozen times, it was exiting stuff.
xr8-200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2008, 07:26 PM   #22
El Sucio

Well I just got back from a big day out at Motorvation 22.

Low lights -
1) It might as well be the Holden show now as there is a distinct number advantage to the GMH crew as usual. We Ford lovers must spend too much money going out and enjoing ourselves as we don't seem to spend much on showing off our cars. And apart from a couple of choice B series entries there was little late model Ford muscle. I didn't even se any AU's. I'm going to have to enter mine next year if it is finished in time.
2) The quality of the chicks was not that great either this year...too many showing just a bit too much flesh when they shouldn't have been (I kept my clothes on doing my bit to keep Australia beautiful why couldn't you!!)
3) 30 inch rim on display, it looked like it was only 7.5 inches wide...what a joke!!
4) Did I mention all the Holdens??
5) The quality of the imports was quite this year, affirming in my mind that I have made the right decision sticking with my Aussie Sedan.
6) I got a bit burnt
7) I called in sick at work on Friday and I bumped into my boss today while I was chugging back a beer..I had to quickly explain how the 24 hour viruses work.

High Lights -
1) I saw an EL XR8 ute from Mark's Workshop pull 914 rwhp from his supercharged 347 Windsor...in 30 odd degree heat!!!! The thing looked standard and it came on after a VE S/C GTS pulled 754rwhp.
2) The BA GT arking it up on the burnout pad...
3) There were just enough good looking chicks wearing very little clothes...oh the bronzed flesh. Thankyou for keeping Australia beautiful!!! Another reason to keep the fundamentalist religious types out of our country.
4) The Mark's workshop display. Holden or Ford there must have been a dozen cars there all pulling between 600 - 900rwhp.
5) The distinct lack of high quality imports making the day a largely Aussie affair.
6) So many blown V8's in the one area..all with rego plates on them meaning they at least get out on the road occasionally.
7) And finally - the VZ Monaro GTO with the blue smoke tyres smashing his pride and joy into the burn out pad wall and needing to be pushed out..what a !!! I'm sure he'll have fun explaining that to the insurance company. Thankyou for the laughs.

All in all a thoroughly enjoying day, and my newish girlfriend was right into the whole thing as well which makes for a welcome change from the usual girls I have gone out with.

Previous Rides:
KH Laser TX3
EF Futura (RIP)
EL XR6
AU2 XR6
BA XR8
BF XR8
BF Wagon (XR6 Lookalike supercharged)
2014 Ford Ranger XLT
2000 AU XR8 with all the options boxes ticked (RIP)
2005 BA Mk 2 Fairmont Ghia V8
2012 FG Mk 2 XR6T

G.M.H. - Get a Mechanic...Hurry!!

Last edited by El Sucio; 20-01-2008 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Couple of spelling mistakes
El Sucio is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2008, 09:21 PM   #23
crusher
Dirty ute club member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Sucio
7) And finally - the VZ Monaro GTO with the blue smoke tyres smashing his pride and joy into the burn out pad wall and needing to be pushed out..what a !!! I'm sure he'll have fun explaining that to the insurance company. Thankyou for the laughs.
Dude how freakin funny was that. I ****ed myself laughing.

But no insurance im pretty sure once your on the motorplex site or somewhere like Barbagallo your insurance wont pay up for crashes. Someone may be able to explain that better but thats what I was told.

How was the BA GT!!!! He was seriously close to hitting the wall a few times.
But the "BEST DRIVING AWARD" goes to the man in the Series 1/2 RX-7. That dude had some serious driving skills. He was too close to the wall to go anywhere so he drove up alongside the wall for awhile and slowly inched the car away from the wall. Serious skills there!
Old 20-01-2008, 11:20 PM   #24
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That burn out pad is way too small.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2008, 12:22 AM   #25
1970galaxie
Fat 460

And are there any complaints about the $38 entry fee?
Oh yeah, one from me!!
2003 BA XR8 Ute. Blood Orange. 5.4/5 speed.
2006 Territory Turbo. Silhouette. 4.0/6 speed auto.
1970galaxie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2008, 08:15 PM   #26
Sprint347
Tickford

Fred (FEAR) stacked his monaro in the pad? Any pics?
SZ Territory TS RWD TDCi
Sprint347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2008, 08:35 PM   #27
Poorboy_racer

Pictures now up here
http://www.highoctanephotos.com/inde...bnails&album=5
The guy in the GT did actually touch the wall they said on Sunday he had some very minor scrape marks on the back. I didnt see him hit anything though. The top side idea was a joke. We waited over an hour Sat morning to be told our car was to be tucked behind a bloody great marquee full of Walkenshaws. By the time they had sorted out where we should park we had to rush to scruteneering and the driving events. Went down well inadvance for the other driving events only to wait for ages while the whole pit area was let out and had two goes at everything while the 'riff raff' top side people only got to go round once. On Sunday went down for the supercruise half an hour early. Still only got to go round once. My daughter in the mini (who was located in the pits) went round once overheated (as did a lot of cars) cooled down and still had time to go out again. We paid the same entry fees as everybody else and really missed out. Talking of entry fees, if there are two of you its actually cheaper to enter your car than pay for tickets. Was still a good weekend even if I do now look like a lobster
Highlight for me...beating the twin turbo ZX in the go to whoa and seeing my daughter beat an SS Commydoor as he crashed through the cones.
Poorboy_racer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2008, 08:36 PM   #28
Jorgo85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was also told that a friend of mine stacked his yellow 69 GT Mustang Fastback over the weekend. Anyone got any pics of anything from the show?

EDIT: Beat me to it!
Old 21-01-2008, 08:39 PM   #29
Poorboy_racer

No pics of the stang but saw it happen. He floored it at the crossover at the end of the track lost the rear and went into the wall. Couldnt see the damage but he hit hard and there were lots of shaking of heads as they looked at the front of the car.
Poorboy_racer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2008, 08:51 PM   #30
Jorgo85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He had just rebuilt the clevo in it. Est. over 600hp at the fly. It did have 504rwhp with the old combo....I havent spoken to him yet but I am postive he'll be heart broken.