Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 15-09-2006, 06:18 PM   #1
DaNeoS
Banned

Default Should I ? or Shoudlnt I? TURBO EF

well was at the bank today and decided to ask about another loan, they said it would all be fine up to 8g, what yours opionions i think ill be back at the bank on monday organsing it then a visit to snort. onl thing bothering me is a few of my mates have told me snorts turbos dont last very long, has anyone had any dramas with this? was thinking egtting a kit and then getting turbo re done by someone else or do i wait to see if it plays up. and if i go the whole 8,000 could i get into the 12sec / high 11's with turbo kit with the To4e, after market computer, bigger injectors and a rebuild?
thanks in advance daneos.

DaNeoS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 06:25 PM   #2
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

What about AVO?

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 06:28 PM   #3
DaNeoS
Banned

AVO care to elaborate? i know there a performance company? i was thinking about doing the work myself as nearly a 4th yr mechanic. i dont really care what sort of power she makes just as long as i get a reasonable time to go with the car.
Old 15-09-2006, 06:34 PM   #4
efgiar
rofl copter

do it proply, get a stronger bottom end and headwork with a big turbo grind cam and a decent aftermarket ecu u will be wrapped, should be good for over 250 kw at the wheels depending on what amount of boost u run

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 06:38 PM   #5
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Didnt AVO do turbo tony's old car?

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 06:51 PM   #6
EFFalcon
Last warning

AVO build factory turbo EA's.
they also built up his EA.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 06:58 PM   #7
DaNeoS
Banned

i had a look, and from 8,000 i think i can get,
Turbo kit with to4e - 4000$
2nd hand wolf - 1000$
injectors - sumwehre around 1000$????
engine - new bottom end.
head work - port and polish for nothing as being in trade, only paying for springs valves etc
Old 15-09-2006, 06:59 PM   #8
Sundeep
Banned

Don't get a loan and don't waste your money. In 10 years from now you'll either be like "I should have listened to Sundeep" or "I'm glad I listened to Sundeep".. mark my words :P

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 07:01 PM   #9
DaNeoS
Banned

yeh thats in 10 years thou, and at the moment ive always wanted a boosted e-series as nearly buying evlelf, loan isnt a issue as i will have my own bussiness end of next year so i can pay off quicker....
Old 15-09-2006, 07:38 PM   #10
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Just do it man, you only live once, i'd recommend talking to 6BOOST for a kit if your worried about Snort's quality.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 07:39 PM   #11
Krytox
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

heh, listen to Sundeep!
why not wait the year and claim it as a business expense!
rule of thumb with cars... if you haven't got it... don't do it!
Old 15-09-2006, 08:24 PM   #12
EFFalcon
Last warning

hxxp://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35870 <-- cheap injectors.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 10:32 PM   #13
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

I have had about 37,000k's out of snort hardware, and I have not treated it very well either.
Old 16-09-2006, 10:54 AM   #14
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Go the turbo once you have driven it you will never want a n/a car again, the snort kit is the way i went and was very happy, and now i have decided to add injectors a AU engine and a wolf v4 to get things really going, i was driving for 2 months without a hiccup then the dreaded head started leaking but it was not caused by the extra air being forced in but old age of the gasket....

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2006, 10:56 AM   #15
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

oh and injectors from vpw are $630 for any of em any size 500c - 1000cc and many brands too, rochester semens bosch six of then that is...

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.

Old 16-09-2006, 12:22 PM   #16
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just 10 minutes ago I fired up my first turbo e-series. I've bolted on a snort stage 3 kit. Can't wait until its finished so I can get it on the open road.

Personally I've never borrowed money for mods. With you starting up a business you'll probably need as much cash as you can get. I'd wait till the money starts rolling in.

As an alternative you could just start collecting the bits peice by peice as good deals and group buys come up.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2006, 01:39 PM   #17
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Don't get a loan and don't waste your money. In 10 years from now you'll either be like "I should have listened to Sundeep" or "I'm glad I listened to Sundeep".. mark my words :P

Sundeep
I'm pretty interested if you wanna expand further on that.
Considering you own a boosted e-series.

Are you saying its a waste of money to do it?
Old 16-09-2006, 02:56 PM   #18
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

if you are going to do a boosted e-series i would recomend a snort stage 3 kit or a second hand kit, for the cost and the amount of power that can be achived for such a little cost amount is fantastic. you spend $4000 and you will probly see 190rwkw roughly the same as a ba xr6 turbo and you have only spent $10,000 in total car included. i wouldn't get a loan for such a small amount. $8000 would get you close to low 13 sec car, in my opinion. with the mods you have said.

Old 16-09-2006, 03:11 PM   #19
DaNeoS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourBarrel
Just 10 minutes ago I fired up my first turbo e-series. I've bolted on a snort stage 3 kit. Can't wait until its finished so I can get it on the open road.

Personally I've never borrowed money for mods. With you starting up a business you'll probably need as much cash as you can get. I'd wait till the money starts rolling in.

As an alternative you could just start collecting the bits peice by peice as good deals and group buys come up.
bussiness has been running in family for 22 years now... and i just take over ownership and managment as father going around australia. and i decided to leave it till i can pay for turbo setup out of me pocket not getting into debts
Old 16-09-2006, 03:14 PM   #20
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

sick bro, don't forget to have a cooler so you can have fullysick dose sounds

if i had money i'd get a turbo :P
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2006, 04:02 PM   #21
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Don't forget you'll need a transmission, tailshaft, diff, brakes, tyres, suspension work, ECU tuning, etc etc, building the motor is a relatively small part of a proper rebuild.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2006, 07:29 PM   #22
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_EF8
Don't forget you'll need a transmission, tailshaft, diff, brakes, tyres, suspension work, ECU tuning, etc etc, building the motor is a relatively small part of a proper rebuild.
I agree with Aaron I just got a turbo kit and the money spending doesn't stop there. You then need all the intercooler piping and ecu, injectors, fuel pump and dyno tuned. There are also the little things like boost guage, turbo timer and other small addon parts. If you buy quality stuff it won't be cheap. You then also have the worry you might blow your box/diff, nothing worse then not wanting to use the power because your car can't handle it. Many people have done the setup cheap (no ecu, inectors) but why spend all that money and only do half the job.
Old 16-09-2006, 09:20 PM   #23
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

A loan for a turbo kit is just stupid. Seriously, spend your money and stuff that will at least have some chance of holding its value (like a car that came turbo stock).

Save the turbo falcon conversions for the big disposable income days, or better yet learn a bit about cars and buy used parts and put it together yourself.
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2006, 10:07 PM   #24
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman
I agree with Aaron I just got a turbo kit and the money spending doesn't stop there. You then need all the intercooler piping and ecu, injectors, fuel pump and dyno tuned. There are also the little things like boost guage, turbo timer and other small addon parts. If you buy quality stuff it won't be cheap. You then also have the worry you might blow your box/diff, nothing worse then not wanting to use the power because your car can't handle it. Many people have done the setup cheap (no ecu, inectors) but why spend all that money and only do half the job.
True, by the time I'm finished I will have easily spent over $6000. That's without opening the motor. If I had paid full retail for my turbo kit it would be an extra $1500. Stating the obvious but if you can't do the work yourself its going to cost big bucks.

It can be done on the cheap and in stages like I'm doing. You can get a turbo e-series on the road for under $5000 easy enough but it will be low boost. Personally I've budgeted $10,000 for the build. That extra $4000 is for a decent bottom end and head work.

I'll try and squeeze the driveline into that budget somehow. C4 conversion can be done a lot cheaper than the stupid $4000 price tag attached by some shops.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post