Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
zakphoto

Default Sad, but true story

I can't name anyone (for their safety) but I recently met a guy who told me that as part of his job, was instructed by an elderly farmer that he had to push an XB Coupe with the blade of his bulldozer into a corner of a property, next to the damn and out of sight and could he please cover it with dirt and make sure it is out of sight. It was apparently the farmer's one owner original. The dozer driver then proceeded to tell me that he hesitated as he knew that these are prized possessions to some, but was told to carried out the job. I then asked him if it was possible to go back there and retrieve the dirt filled classic, resurrect it and maybe breathe new life into it- I thought, Hell! On this forum there are machines being brought back from the grave everyday. He continued to tell me that it would be useless 'cause he also drove over the top of it with his D7 Dozer in the process, turning a rare and loved classic into a pile of scrap. It took me a few days to console myself over this terrible, terrible news and sometimes I find myself laying awake at night wondering what could have been....did I also mention that the XB Coupe was running perfect and could be driven anywhere!
Another one bites the dust!

My Coupe Photos
zakphoto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Sad, but true story

Was probably stolen.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 08:20 PM   #3
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVO_XR
Was probably stolen.

Was thinking the same thing..
Either that or it's another one of those "urban myths"....

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #4
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Urban myth... and you cant bury cars in the ground these days and any dozer driver who did would be risking his licence and livelyhood

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
Kryton

Or maybe the farmers son killed himself in it.
Funny how things that dont belong to others, cause them such concern as if it were their own property.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #6
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

strange story
roberts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #7
StrokedXT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
Urban myth... and you cant bury cars in the ground these days and any dozer driver who did would be risking his licence and livelyhood
Yes because no one breaks the rules
StrokedXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 10:20 PM   #8
66GT

ex father in law was doing scrap metal pickup throughout western NSW until approx. 8 yrs ago. He cleaned up many old wrecking yards squashing many then salvagable monaros, chargers, coupes, etc. as noone was prepared to pay the small $$ asked + transport costs. This was before the price boom & when the price for scrap was going up. True story.
66GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 11:54 PM   #9
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakphoto
It took me a few days to console myself over this terrible, terrible news and sometimes I find myself laying awake at night wondering what could have been....Another one bites the dust!
Gosh, it's only a car! Yes it is rare, but I think you have taken it to another level! I'll place my head on the pillow tonight pondering the health of a family member, the car can go to sims metal in comparison.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 03:24 AM   #10
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like an urban myth, or just BS, or finally like mentioned before it was a stolen car that needed to be disposed of...

Otherwise why???? It makes no sense what so ever.....

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 08:12 AM   #11
HSVKILLA
moonlight rider

Maybe a woman(wife) bought it as a gift to him and every time he saw it he would remember her and the day she presented to him.Then she goes on to cheat on him,he finds out and is devastated so has to do this so he will never see the car again and the risk of selling it is that he may just see it again and the memory is too hurtful,just 1 of 1000 stories that could be linked but most probably stolen .
HSVKILLA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 08:17 AM   #12
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVKILLA
Maybe a woman(wife) bought it as a gift to him and every time he saw it he would remember her and the day she presented to him.Then she goes on to cheat on him,he finds out and is devastated so has to do this so he will never see the car again and the risk of selling it is that he may just see it again and the memory is too hurtful,just 1 of 1000 stories that could be linked but most probably stolen .
if that happened, it would not have been crushed - it would have been cut almost straight down the middle, so she could get her rightful 60% of it
if they had kids, he might have been able to keep a front guard

many potential reasons, but it doesn't make that much sense - however along the lines of ksvkilla, it may have been one of his kids car that he lost previously and it was too painful to keep
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 08:25 AM   #13
V8 6I

Thanks for increasing the value of the remaining coupes
V8 6I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 08:58 AM   #14
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

They make new coupe shells now anyway so coupe prices will be way down soon ..........and look I don't like seeing anything scraped,not even holdens . I reckon there should be a giant shed where they all go and be happy .......

Warning contains sarcasm
Old 12-07-2011, 09:22 AM   #15
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

This thread is starting to sound like an episode of Days of Our Lives

Here's a thought Suppose the car belonged to a stranger passing through town, he screwed around with the farmers daughter, the farmer caught him in the act and shot him, the daughter took off and eloped with the milkman and the farmer had the evidence (ie: the XB coupe and the stranger hogtied, gagged and bagged in the trunk) buried to avoid arising suspicion with the local Sheriff. Now you'd have to agree that this scenario sounds familiar and believable

Russ
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 09:27 AM   #16
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
This thread is starting to sound like an episode of Days of Our Lives

Here's a thought Suppose the car belonged to a stranger passing through town, he screwed around with the farmers daughter, the farmer caught him in the act and shot him, the daughter took off and eloped with the milkman and the farmer had the evidence (ie: the XB coupe and the stranger hogtied, gagged and bagged in the trunk) buried to avoid arising suspicion with the local Sheriff. Now you'd have to agree that this scenario sounds familiar and believable

Russ
Yep, thats the answer.......................oh, hang on, we dont have sherrifs, we have police!
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #17
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Maybe the farmer was gay and the boyfriend owned the coupe but he went to town and shot up the sherrif! boom boom
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #18
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't know if that story is true or not, but there are certainly plenty of people out there with rare cars they are "going to do up someday", which are just let rust into the ground.
Every few days in the train I drive past a paddock with a VH Valiant Charger sitting there, complete but for the front bumper (a 770 yet, by the grille with the two little spotlights in it!), with the drivers door open. The grass is high around it, and it's been there for at least 7 or 8 years. It doesn't look rusty, and seems straight. Reportedly the guy who owns the paddock is "going to do something with it one day"...which brings me to tears...Chargers are my favorite car and it hurts to see it just sitting there.
The other side of the railway tracks at the same location is a paddock with a Kombi camper, the one with the lift-up roof, sitting there with all doors open and the roof up, no windscreen, apparently left there so the guy's dogs had somewhere to hide out of the weather. He's long gone, but the Kombi survives.
I've also seen a VC Valiant sedan sitting a few kilometers from these in a cow paddock, again in good nick.

EDIT: Just spoke to a woman I work with, and she said the Charger is gone frm the paddock as of yesterday! One hopes that someone has managed to pry it out of the owners hands and is going to restore it!
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #19
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcxr
Yep, thats the answer.......................oh, hang on, we dont have sherrifs, we have police!

Ah yes we do

But it would be the police who would investigate this urban,coupe wrapped body

Seriously tho ,its the owners car to do as he pleases
Maybe , and ill throw it out there,maybe it sat there for toooooo long ,noone had an interest , or didnt want to pay $$$ for it,and the farmer was sick of dealing with dreamers
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 09:59 AM   #20
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
Don't know if that story is true or not, but there are certainly plenty of people out there with rare cars they are "going to do up someday", which are just let rust into the ground.
Every few days in the train I drive past a paddock with a VH Valiant Charger sitting there, complete but for the front bumper (a 770 yet, by the grille with the two little spotlights in it!), with the drivers door open. The grass is high around it, and it's been there for at least 7 or 8 years. It doesn't look rusty, and seems straight. Reportedly the guy who owns the paddock is "going to do something with it one day"...which brings me to tears...Chargers are my favorite car and it hurts to see it just sitting there.
The other side of the railway tracks at the same location is a paddock with a Kombi camper, the one with the lift-up roof, sitting there with all doors open and the roof up, no windscreen, apparently left there so the guy's dogs had somewhere to hide out of the weather. He's long gone, but the Kombi survives.
I've also seen a VC Valiant sedan sitting a few kilometers from these in a cow paddock, again in good nick.

EDIT: Just spoke to a woman I work with, and she said the Charger is gone frm the paddock as of yesterday! One hopes that someone has managed to pry it out of the owners hands and is going to restore it!

Good news and bad for you

Good news its gone to be resurested
At sims into a hyundai

Only joking,but id ring sims or the local scrappies just in case
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 10:00 AM   #21
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it was probably haunted. pretty common in XBs
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #22
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

pull the other one it plays jinglebells...
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #23
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

To think in years to come there'll be the same threads about ......
The Prius... LOL...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #24
JG65TE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTe342
Maybe the farmer was gay and the boyfriend owned the coupe but he went to town and shot up the sherrif! boom boom

I knew a gay dyslexic who went to rob a bank, but he got it wrong and tied up the safe and blew the teller.......... apparently.........

As for the xb, I love these bs stories, keep em comin. As for xbs being haunted, I gotta agree there... had one years ago and it felt like someone died in it, sold her about a week after I finished rebuilding it. I was gunna bury it but i didnt have a dozer.
JG65TE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #25
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
He didn't bury it, he covered it with dirt. Is that the same thing?
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #26
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
To think in years to come there'll be the same threads about ......
The Prius... LOL...
No there won't.

Quote: